• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first shiny Pokémon?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Other than the scripted Gyarados, a shiny Togepi was my first! (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Years
    Got a shinny krabby by accident at Olivine City and exchanged it with the nearest NPC because I thought it was a glitch on my game =|

so glad i wasn't the only kid to not have their first instinct being to think a shiny was a glitch and get rid of it pronto lol.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    so glad i wasn't the only kid to not have their first instinct being to think a shiny was a glitch and get rid of it pronto lol.

Omg, right? I mean, how could we have known?
    Which Pokémon did you think was a glitch? I'm curious now xD

I'm not that sad about mine because krabby is far from being a favorite, but man, was I dumb ><
    Also, isn't Olivine City before the Shiny Gyarados thing? If so there was no way I could compare xD

Years
    Omg, right? I mean, how could we have known?
    Which Pokémon did you think was a glitch? I'm curious now xD

I'm not that sad about mine because krabby is far from being a favorite, but man, was I dumb ><
    Also, isn't Olivine City before the Shiny Gyarados thing? If so there was no way I could compare xD

Machop in Diamond and Onix in Fire Red. the double whammy. killed them both because i didn't know better lmao. good on you getting rid of Krabby tho, that's one of my least faves of all time :p

as for the Olivine thing, in Gen 2 i believe you could challenge Pryce, Jasmine, and Chuck in any order, which is why their levels weren't all that far from each other. so i don't think it really mattered?

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    Machop in Diamond and Onix in Fire Red. the double whammy. killed them both because i didn't know better lmao. good on you getting rid of Krabby tho, that's one of my least faves of all time :p

as for the Olivine thing, in Gen 2 i believe you could challenge Pryce, Jasmine, and Chuck in any order, which is why their levels weren't all that far from each other. so i don't think it really mattered?

Double outch! *holds tenderly* it's okay, there are more of us out in this world, i can feel it e.e
    Wasn't there an NPC who explained about shinnies in the old games (besides Lance ofc)? Because I feel like this is part of the old games' charm and a curse at the same time xD

Oh, I see!
    I must have gone down first. Had I seen the Red Gyarados before I wouldn't have got rid of it...i think =|

piyo99

#1 Simp for Ema Skye
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2021
    The Red Gyarados. I've never come across one that's not scripted, although when I do I hope it's a male Ralts because Gallade's my favorite Pokemon.

Years
    Double outch! *holds tenderly* it's okay, there are more of us out in this world, i can feel it e.e
    thank you dearly *sniffs*
    Wasn't there an NPC who explained about shinnies in the old games (besides Lance ofc)? Because I feel like this is part of the old games' charm and a curse at the same time xD
    if there was, i never would've seen it since i played Diamond first lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2021
    I remember my very first shiny! It was in Gold Version, a Zubat! I ended up raising it to be a level 100 Crobat :D

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
    Of course my first was the Gyarados from my Soul Silver, but if we're talking regular shinies then there are two that come to mind. My first random shiny was a Wurmple in an Emerald ROM as a child though I'm not sure I really understood or took it seriously then. After that I remember shiny hunting via chain fishing for a Skrelp in Pokemon Y which I was successful with, by that I mean I found a Shiny Relicanth instead... I lost it somewhere down the line and now I have quite a few shinies (thanks Go/Home)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    My first shiny was Ponyta in Diamond~ now unfortunately lost to a deleted save file I believe. I didnt find any more until Let's Go Eevee which was the first game I ever really shiny hunted in, and to my amazement, the first of around two dozen shinies I found there was another Ponyta. 😌

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Every shiny I have ever encountered has either killed me, been killed, or killed itself, and each time I had like 0 pokeballs.
    I almost had one the other day, but before I got a chance to throw a pokeball, I was forced to watch it bash its face in with amazing swagger... -__-

I guess I'm just not meant to have nice things.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    First random shiny: a Hypno in Gold (possibly Crystal). Was confused by the color. Caught it anyways. Never transferred it up, similar to TwilightBlade.

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
    Years
    My first shiny I found wild was... an Abra in Gold. I was out of balls.

My first caught shiny was a Tranquill in Black or White by the dragon tower, he's evolved now and gorgeous with his purple mask :>

HitmonSal

Mon top!
    Years
    Zubat in Pokémon X in the cave after the battle masion. Not the most thrilling shiny but beggars can't be choosers ;-;

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    It was a random encounter Swinub from Ice Path in Soul Silver

Funnily enough, my most recent shiny was a random encounter Piloswine in Black 2, wasn't even hunting for either of them

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
    Years
    Oh man, you know what I remember? One time in..Maybe BW2? I found a random wild Shiny Numel, and it was in a partner battle, and my partner knocked it out before I had the chance to do anything about it ;w;

Back