• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first starter and why did you choose it?

Kaliopy2018

Pokémon make me smile!
Years
  • What was your first starter and why did you choose it? I chose Piplup because I was influenced by Dawn from the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl anime. 😊

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • I also choose Piplup, but my reasons were that i oftenly read books and found that Piplup evolves to Empoleon which name was taken from the French Emperor Napoleon. So i pick Piplup

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hmm, Treecko, but I don't really remember why I chose it, probably because I was a HUGE Grass-type fan back in 2008, lmfao. Btw, this was before my favorite Pokemon was Treecko.

Nekodatta

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
  • Charmander, I've always loved dragons and fire types were my favourite when I was little.

Years
  • Bulbasaur from Pokemon Blue. I picked Bulbasaur because it was my favorite starter from the anime.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Squirtle from LeafGreen! I think I named it Shellshocker after a Blastoise I saw in the anime, and I was super into that name which is why I took Squirtle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    My first starter was Turtwig. I think I just wanted to be different because all my friends chose Chimchar or Piplup. I also loved Torterra in the anime when he used rock climb.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    My first starter ever was a Mudkip in Pokemon Ruby. If I recall correctly, I chose it because it was blue and blue was (and still is) my favorite color.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2021
    My first starter was Bulbasaur in Leaf Green, as soon as I clicked on it and saw that adorable, smiling baby I fell in love

Years
    • Seen today
    Squirtle on Pokémon Red. Why? Because of Wartortle and its cool design:

What was your first starter and why did you choose it?

Years
  • Bulbasaur! It remains one of my favourite Pokemon to this day. n.n It's the very Pokemon that got me into the series in the first place!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'd be lying if I said I really remembered and honestly I've probably answered this thread so many times in the past with different Pokemon now so fuck it Bulbasaur idk

Years
    • Seen today
    The first Pokemon I ever picked is Totodile in Pokemon Silver. Its design and color scheme appealed the most to me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • pikachu's bitch ass bc the game ain't let me get the eevee i thought it was gonna let me have. i have forever been bitter.

Tridemo

Tridemo
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Cyndaquill in SoulSilver, it was a hedgehog with fire on its back, there was fire so my 5 year old self picked it

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • It's hard to remember but I think it was Charmander on Red version cause I wanted the Pokemon on the box and Charizard was everyone's favorite.

Back