• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what was your hardest battle

who is better vote nowRANDOM POLL

• lugia

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • ho oh

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    So far (7 gyms in) I've had a few hard battles.

The second battle with my Rival (whom I named Steve) at Azalea Town came down to the wire, with his Lv18 Croconaw and my Lv14 Quilava both at a sliver of HP. If I hadn't used Quick Attack, I probably would have lost.

The battle at the Radio Observation Deck with the last Rocket executive was pretty close too. His Houndoom had managed to knock out 3 of my 5 Pokemon, until I knocked him out with Typhlosion. Kadabra was still waiting in the wings, but I don't think there was much it could have done against a dark-type like Houndoom, even with Miracle Eye activated.

On the other hand my easiest battle (and the only Gym I beat without any serious trouble) was definitely Morty. Kadabra's Psybeam made short work of Gastly, Haunter, Gengar and Haunter. You bet I felt like a million bucks after that was over. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    For me Red was definitely the hardest battle.

Random piece of information, simple way to beat Whitney is to use Machop's Low Kick or Karate Chop. Beat it in two hits that way.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • i haven't faced the E4 yet, so Claire was my hardest battle. I actually lost twice to her (dang Kingdra) and had to train to narrowly defeat her! I have to thank my mom for the choice scarf, and my dragonair for not having dragon rush miss...

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Clair was hard, until I traded over my Raichu from Platinum! :D

Lance was hard, too. Only my Raichu and Typhlosion were strong enough. The rest of my team was EXTREMELY underleveled. I had to use some Revives, Max/Hyper Potions, and Full Restores.
    Well, right now I'm training a new team for the Elite Four. My final Pokemon are in my signature.

PokémonTrainerRuby

Call Me Ruby
    Years
  • I expected to get guff from Whitney's Miltank but it didn't use Milk Drink once.My hardest battle was probably Lance.Red is just a little stronger than him and by the time you fight Red your Pokemon are in they're 60's-70's.So yeah,it was definitely Lance for me.

kasabian_

Good bye
    Years
  • Going off topic, but I thought Whitney's Miltank was relitively easy.
    On-topic however, mine was probably Red. But I managed however with Milotic, Typhlosion and Pidgeot.(Recommended for beating Red :)

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • My friend! He has all electric types, and my team consisted of flying, water, and dragon. Two of those can easily be taken out.

Now that I have a secret weapon, I can take him out.

EDIT: About that miltank. It was easy in this verson, I just got a machop from the pokewalker. But in crystal? Oh, boy.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • For me it's a tough choice between Lance and Red, but I think Red was my hardest battle as I lost to him more than Lance and probably had more pokemon faint than I would while battling Lance

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • Hmm, I can't decide between Falkner, Bugsy and Red.

Falkner: A Bayleef against a roost-spamming Pidgeotto... I'm still wondering how I did it but I won!^^

Bugsy: Okay, I have a Bayleef, a Furret and an Unown with me!^^ His Scyther was especially hard with U-Turn and 2 from 3 pokes with a bug weakness...^^

Red: My Lv.65 team didn't stand a chance against him. Afterwards, I raised them to 70 and brought my Eigakan-Arceus with me. I guess you can tell how it went that time...^^

Thinking back, I made the game pretty hard. I pickes not very strong pokes in the beginning but it was alright because I always wanted to know ow it's like to train an Unown (something that almost nobody tried before, I guess?^^) !^^

Years
  • Definitely Whitney, the 3rd gym battle. I'm starting over on the game and I'm dreading the third gym already and I haven't even gotten my first badge.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Whitney is easy if you use smokescreen.

My hardest is Clair's Kingdra. It wipes out my whole team before I even have the chance to attack. And then when you finally get it to red HP, Clair uses full restore...

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    So far it was Falkner. He spammed Roost and eventually I was whittled down and after a long, long battle, I lost. Remains my only defeat- I found Whitney easy.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • besides red and lance it would have to be whitney, her miltank got on my nerves since the best pokemon I had to use against it was male. I hate attract.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
  • So far none of my battles have been that hard. I'm not finished the game, I'm at the part where you catch Luiga. So far the hardest battle was definitely the Kimono girl who uses Jolteon. I had to do it twice because of her.

Years
  • 4 me whitney was nothin and i'd say since im not done w/ the game yet it has 2 be lance it took me a lot of reloads to beat him i beat him all luck

Back