• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What were the low points in the Pokémon anime?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    A good role model isn't the same as being popular. Why would you even think that? You could be a great role model but not be popular with anyone while you can be popular and be a bad influence.

True, but usually someone has to have something that people agree with to even be considered popular. For instance, Big Boss was considered to be a hero, in fact, more than a hero, a legend, because he participated in wars that dealt with liberations. He was popular because most of the people seemed to view him as doing good. So, even IF they aren't the same thing, they are still interconnected, either way. You really can't have one without the other.

Also, though it's unrlated, popularity doesn't mean iconic either and iconic doesn't mean you have to be popular. Ariel was obviously used as a mascot because she was a popular Disney character and she fit the bill, not beause she was a good role model.

Actually, she was considered to be a good role model since she had a significant impact on the other characters, and heck, even Jodi Benson, who is basically what people should view as a true christian rather than how the current media portrays things, had viewed her as a good character, even going as far as to state that becoming Ariel was "God-ordained".

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    weedle_mchairybug said:
    True, but usually someone has to have something that people agree with to even be considered popular. For instance, Big Boss was considered to be a hero, in fact, more than a hero, a legend, because he participated in wars that dealt with liberations. He was popular because most of the people seemed to view him as doing good. So, even IF they aren't the same thing, they are still interconnected, either way. You really can't have one without the other.

You can have one without the other actually. In the case of Big Boss, you can easily have both because, as you said, he's a war hero, a fighter of piece, etc. and most people find those things as good. I'm going to use Miley Cyrus as an example in this situation because we can agree she's popular, right? You may not like her but that doesn't mean she isn't popular. Now, would you consider her a good role model? What about Ron Artest? Man-Ram? I don't usually use example like this but eh.

Actually, she was considered to be a good role model since she had a significant impact on the other characters, and heck, even Jodi Benson, who is basically what people should view as a true christian rather than how the current media portrays things, had viewed her as a good character, even going as far as to state that becoming Ariel was "God-ordained".

But she didn't get the mascot position for being a good role model but for being famous and fitting the bill. Wouldn't you agree?

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    My main low point is one line.

MAYBE IT'S A COWTERPIE!

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
    Years
    Well, for me, there was only one hiddeously low point for the anime....

To be more specific, it was the lowest point of the Pokemon dub and it didn't affect the Japanese version at all.

I'm talking about the VA switch. Yep, for me, that was the lowest point of the Pokemon dub (I don't watch the Japanese version). And considering the fact that Pokemon USA had to go so far, as to redub the Mastermind special AND replace Ash's original voice twice (because they didn't get it right the first time with Kayzie Rogers)...yeah...I would say that Pokemon USA brought the show to a whole new low. Also, the level of quality of the voice acting in season 9, Battle Frontier, was absolutely horrible in my opinion.

Anyway, all I can say is, thank goodness the new voice cast has improved greatly and the show is more enjoyable now. Or at least, everyone has become much better except for Sarah (in my opinion). Ah well. If you're a dub fan, you have to take whatever you can get.

Back