• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What were the three legendary beasts before they were resurrected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It's the 'Eons, and you know it. D:<

There IS a large dance studio nearby where all the dancers train Eevee evolutions, you know.

When Lugia's tower burned down, due to a spilled ceremonial flame or some such, everyone got out except for a Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon, who were in the basement floor for some reason, perhaps rehearsing a dance for Lugia and Ho-Oh, and while their trainers fled when they got the news of the flames, the three were doing something else and didn't notice. For a dramatic element, they were going through the part of the dance where Ho-Oh did something awesome, and that's where they died. After the fire died down, Ho-Oh resurrected them as the Beasts, as an act of kindness, but the power hasn't settled since, and every so often they need to run to burn off some energy. En Fin.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    I love how Ho-oh supposedly resurrected them and made them stronger, yet Entei still sucks.

That is awesome enough for me to quote. Yeah, that is definitely going in the signature (after a quick typo fix :3 )

On to the topic itself, I never really thought of it, and while the Eeveelution theory certainly would fit the bill, I doubt it was them for some reason. They just don't see....epic enough to become legendary. My opinion :s

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    Maybe Arceus has the ability to change their form? They may have been a similar Pokémon, or maybe they were related to the legendary birds.
    Woah! Let's leave Arceus out of this discussion...

Erm I've always thought Entei resembled Arcanine more than Flareon...however I can't think of an Electric and Water equivalent to Arcanine so that theory is out of the question...I know it's a bit unorginial, but I see the resembles between the first Eeveelutions and the beasts and it seems to make the most sense to me.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    Here is my theory.

Because the legend clearly states:

Ho-Oh resurrects the three as the legendary beasts

We can assume that the beasts were either:
    (a) A normal Pokemon
    (b) baby forms of the legendaries

I belive that (a) is more probable because the legend clearly states that they were changed into beats. I think the beasts were Eevees ( because of thier evos).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Here is my theory.

Because the legend clearly states:

We can assume that the beasts were either:
    (a) A normal Pokemon
    (b) baby forms of the legendaries

I belive that (a) is more probable because the legend clearly states that they were changed into beats. I think the beasts were Eevees ( because of thier evos).
    Thats just what you read in the thread if you look in the game it says somthing about them changing form.... bulbapedia just sorta.. made it smaller?

Years
    That's a great theory, and makes perfect sence, especially since the town is also home of the kimono sisters, so they could be a clue pointing to this also.

And how they say "turned into beasts" it makes it sound like they were normal before.

So yeah, you win.

Years
    Two Magikarps and Feebas.

But seriously, maybe Kabutops, Omanyte and Aerodactyl. It doesnt make much sense but they could have been the last of their species and Ho-oh kind of saved them from extincion.

I like the eeveelution theory too.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    No, no, no.

It is a Magikarp, a Feebas, and a 5th generation weakling fish who is desperate of evolving.

Years
    I think it was a little weird of you to ask it.
    I mean, it's obviously Entei, Suicune, and Raikou, Obviously.
    They are all located in Ecruteak to begin with, That's where Ho-oh was, he resurrected them.
    In saying they had different forms, is one of those things you need to just leave alone to the pokemon creators.
    It was told to enhance the story, and we abide by it, listening to what they say is true.
    Flareon, Jolteon, Vaperon aren't "beasts" they can easily be obtained. Three pokemon so rare, would be only one of each, 3 were resurrected.
    Lol and if you click on the link in your first post where it says, three legendary beats, it takes you to Entei, Suicune, and Raikou.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think it was a little weird of you to ask it.
    I mean, it's obviously Entei, Suicune, and Raikou, Obviously.
    They are all located in Ecruteak to begin with, That's where Ho-oh was, he resurrected them.
    In saying they had different forms, is one of those things you need to just leave alone to the pokemon creators.
    It was told to enhance the story, and we abide by it, listening to what they say is true.
    Flareon, Jolteon, Vaperon aren't "beasts" they can easily be obtained. Three pokemon so rare, would be only one of each, 3 were resurrected.
    Lol and if you click on the link in your first post where it says, three legendary beats, it takes you to Entei, Suicune, and Raikou.
    this is what i hate... when people dont read my posts properly....:
    The legend says: "killing three Pokémon inside" not killing three beasts, and then it says ho-oh "Ho-Oh resurrects the three as the legendary beasts and flies off in search of a pure-hearted Trainer." as the legendery trio... so no its not "Obvious" -.-". read what i said and you will see that its not "Obvious" so they were different pokemon before they were reserected... im not being read but... look at what i said... you may think you did but Obviously you havent....
    They were not legendery beasts before they were reserected...

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    How about..
    Giant Gengar
    Bigglypuff
    Giant Alakazam?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    These are probably the most logical answers:

1. Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon: It would make good sense. I've never made the connection before, but their typings do match up and their body structure is similar (dogs). Assuming that the three killed Pokemon actually were a species of Pokemon that exist today.

2. Entei, Suicune, Raikou: In this case, it's assumed that the Pokemon that were killed were a "weaker" version of the legendary beasts. It was still Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, but they weren't made into legendary Pokemon yet. This would be under the assumption that before they were killed, they were a one of a kind trio.

Nice thread idea, btw. :x

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    Whatever happened to common sense in this world?

I don't see you breathing fire, shooting high pressure water out of your hands, or shooting lightning bolts out of your ass.

Also, maybe because they were living beings. Let's say your pet died in a fire, and a god-like being had the power to bring it back. But, because your pet was weak, it decided not to.

That doesn't sound that pleseant, does it?

Common sense died with the rise of technology.

A lot of other pokemon can do the, so whoop-dee-freakin-doo XP

If it really were a god-like creature, why bother being caught up in something so small and trivial as three things accidentally killed? I mean, things die all the time >.>

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    It's actually proven in the games that the Pokemon the Beasts once were aren't anything we've seen before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back