• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What were the writers thinking!!!

snorlax_32

Snorlax master
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 30, 2006
    Ok i just finished watching the episode of A family that battles together stays together in the Pokemon Chronicles... and it has some MAJOR plot mistakes!!!! Ok for one they had Brock's mother there... the problem with that is... she is DEAD!!

She was a huge character in the episode being the gym leader and all and in the 4th episode ever of pokemon Flint Brock's father explains that Brock cant leave and be a great trainer cuz his good for nothing father (Flint himself) left the family and never returned because he was too embarassed of his failure...but he also said that Brock's mother passed away shortly after!!! So i would love to know how she is all happy and well alive in this episode! Brock even calls her mom and stuff and they go over her love story with Flint so that cancels out that she is Brock's Step Mom.

Then the Second mistake is that Flint is having trouble beating water pokemon with his rock type and Brock goes remember my friend Ash? He was the one that beat me with eletric type pokemon and then Flint ask how did he do that!!!!

IT WAS FLINT THAT SUGGESTED THAT ASH SUPER CHARGE PIKACHU AT THE HYDROELETRICAL PLANT!!!!!! FLINT HELPED ASH BEAT BROCK!! WHAT WERE THE WRITERS THINKING???

Treecko Tamer

AKA 'Darkliger'
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2012
    From what I know, it was the US writers that messed with us regarding Brock's mother. In the original JPN version of the episode when Ash first challenges Brock, Flint makes no mention of Brock's mother at all - which can suggest that she's alive and kicking, and that she was traveling abroad like the PKMN Chronicles suggests.

Flint probably didn't mention his wife to Ash in the first place, because he would feel too embarassed about the situation.

This explaination, more or less, fills the plot hole that the US writers dug. But then again, this is based only on what I know.

As far as Brock defeating Mizuho/Lola is concerned, Brock remembered Ash because there were times when Ash won a battle with a Pokemon that had a type disadvantage, because he used a great strategy (ex. when Ash's Bayleef defeated Harrison's Houndoom). Obviously, it wouldn't take long for Brock to come up with a great strategy since he was a former Gym Leader, because he learned from Ash's battles; and because in Team Ketchum, Brock is one of the smarter ones.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Treecko Tamer said:
    As far as Brock defeating Mizuho/Lola is concerned, Brock remembered Ash because there were times when Ash won a battle with a Pokemon that had a type disadvantage, because he used a great strategy (ex. when Ash's Bayleef defeated Harrison's Houndoom). Obviously, it wouldn't take long for Brock to come up with a great strategy since he was a former Gym Leader, because he learned from Ash's battles; and because in Team Ketchum, Brock is one of the smarter ones.

Eh, I think snorlax was referring to Brock mentioning how Pikachu defeated his Onix in his first gym match and then Flint not recalling that. It was Flint that helped Ash back in that episode by 'charging up' Pikachu or whatever.

Flint saying that was probably another mistake by 4Kids. Seriously, one time in late Johto they had Brock say he was from "Flint City". >.>

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • Ok i just finished watching the episode of A family that battles together stays together in the Pokemon Chronicles... and it has some MAJOR plot mistakes!!!! Ok for one they had Brock's mother there... the problem with that is... she is DEAD!!
    In the original japanese version, that lady is Flint's Girlfriend.

Back