• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What Were These Games Missing?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Well we do still at least get to go against some non-Hoenn native Pokémon when we rematch the Elite Four. Sidney uses a Scrafty, Zoroark, and Mandibuzz, for example, and Glacia uses an Abomasnow, Vanillish, and Beartic. In remakes they normally don't expand the Regional Dex beyond cross-gen evolutions, since we eventually obtain a National Dex at some point in the game anyways~

Except Victory Road had trainers using non-Hoenn native Pokémon in their teams, even if you didn't get the national dex after facing Primal Groudon/Kyogre, so the Elite Four could've gotten those non-natives in their team without waiting to rematch them.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Character customization! It's literally why I keep going back and playing Y again, and I really missed it in ORAS.

Apart from that, Gym Leader rematches would have been nice. There are already a bunch of other trainer rematches. How hard would it have been to include Gym Leader rematches?

Years
  • Apart from that, Gym Leader rematches would have been nice. There are already a bunch of other trainer rematches. How hard would it have been to include Gym Leader rematches?

What makes it even more jarring is talking to the Gym Leaders after you become Champion has some promising they'd battle you again.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    What makes it even more jarring is talking to the Gym Leaders after you become Champion has some promising they'd battle you again.

I specifically remember talking to Roxanne and her saying that she was looking forward to battling again... Makes me wonder if that means they originally intended to have the rematches but cut it? Of course realizing that I never would get that rematch was even worse as a result.

Years
  • I specifically remember talking to Roxanne and her saying that she was looking forward to battling again... Makes me wonder if that means they originally intended to have the rematches but cut it? Of course realizing that I never would get that rematch was even worse as a result.

You know, I was also thinking if the rematches were intended but were cut? But also, I knew the original Ruby & Sapphire lacked Gym Leader rematches so I was also sorta expecting no rematches given how much they stuck to the originals.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I specifically remember talking to Roxanne and her saying that she was looking forward to battling again... Makes me wonder if that means they originally intended to have the rematches but cut it? Of course realizing that I never would get that rematch was even worse as a result.

Gosh, I never even noticed that ~_~ But that would definitely seem to indicate they intended to have it, but just never implemented it. That's the general impression I get with a lot of the things that were missing from ORAS, that they just didn't get around to implementing them, or just ran out of time. I mean, what other explanation could there be for the lack of Wi-Fi multiplayer contests? o.o

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I myself would have liked to see better customization options but of coarse its a remake but comeon being able to talk to the gym leaders again was crucial atleast in my opinion

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • -Character Customization. I mean, okay, respect the original designs, but can't they at least let us change the color of the clothes, or change tot he style of RS or even Emerald?
    -Berry Blender. I mean come on! I love playing that when I revisit Gen 3, and I have fond memories of making poffins in Gen 4!
    -Faraway Island for Mew! That would have been a great thing to include, but no, thanks to hackers the events just hand us the Pokemon. =/
    -Game Corner. I know "gambling is sooo wrong" but come on, they could have edited it like in HGSS or SOEMTHING! )=
    -Gym Leader Rematches
    -The Safari Zone, don't even get me STARTED of how terrible the current one is!

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2016
    In my personal opinion, I just miss having more post game in general. I wish they had an option to visit the other regions like we have been able to in other games. We are all very aware that other regions exist now, so let us go explore. New gyms, new badges, and new region elite fours... I know it's asking a lot, but that would be glorious.
    And am i the only person who felt like this game practically just handed us all the legendary Pokémon? I wish they were at least somewhat of a challenge to obtain rather than just flying to an island and sticking your hand in a portal....

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • In my personal opinion, I just miss having more post game in general. I wish they had an option to visit the other regions like we have been able to in other games. We are all very aware that other regions exist now, so let us go explore. New gyms, new badges, and new region elite fours... I know it's asking a lot, but that would be glorious.
    And am i the only person who felt like this game practically just handed us all the legendary Pokémon? I wish they were at least somewhat of a challenge to obtain rather than just flying to an island and sticking your hand in a portal....

Yea, I agree about the legendaries. At least my first impression was that it was a little bit of a lazy way to ram all the legendaries that we couldn't get in X&Y into ORAS. But I have to admit that it is a little fun traveling around the region and collecting the legendaries c: Plus it's an improvement over 5th gen, where there were a lot of legendaries we couldn't get at all, except by transferring from past generations. So eh, at least this game included them haha.

And letting us go to other regions is definitely something I've been wanting to see for quite a while myself, but I wouldn't expect them to do it in a remake--RSE was Hoenn-only, after all.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    • Battle Frontier
    • Character customization
    • Gym Leader rematches
    Since the original post mentions a few Megas, I'll throw this in for good measure:
    • Primal Regigigas
    And since a few people are bringing up the post-game legendaries, I'll also chime in: aren't they supposed to be related to Hoopa in some way? Why couldn't there be some lore incorporated into obtaining them? Since they're just there without any explanation, it really does seem like they're just being "handed to you." I feel as though it would have made the whole system a bit more interesting and memorable if there was a bit of story or lore associated with them, rather than just being a series of "change your party then fly around until you find a new Mirage Spot" ordeals.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Since the original post mentions a few Megas, I'll throw this in for good measure:
    • Primal Regigigas
    And since a few people are bringing up the post-game legendaries, I'll also chime in: aren't they supposed to be related to Hoopa in some way? Why couldn't there be some lore incorporated into obtaining them? Since they're just there without any explanation, it really does seem like they're just being "handed to you." I feel as though it would have made the whole system a bit more interesting and memorable if there was a bit of story or lore associated with them, rather than just being a series of "change your party then fly around until you find a new Mirage Spot" ordeals.

Primal Regigigas would have been really cool!! I think it could have worked out well in OR/AS, since that's where the Regis were first introduced. Maybe it could have been another post-game episode, similar to the Delta Episode. But then again now GameFreak has it in their back pocket for a potential Sinnoh remake haha.

Also, yea it would have been nice if they had given a bit more explanation for the Mirage Spot legendaries. I mean, you've got a bunch of portals sitting around the region containing some of the most powerful beasts in the world, there should be some kind of lore around that.

Years
  • Well, I mean, Regigigas wasn't in R/S/E, I'm not sure if they would have wanted to bother with that along with the two legendaries of each game. It would effectively be smuggling Regigigas in where they are perhaps not wanted. Much better to make them direct the next Star Wars or such.

Agreed on the legendary Pokémon, though, they come off more a gimmick when they should be a part of the overall scheme in some important way, decided somehow. At the least, it might make more sense not to just make locations and place them there. Have someone give you a Suicune for safe-keeping, and then you steal it, for instance.

Kilo1000

Noob
    Years
  • We all have features from past games we wished they had added in OR AS as well, but we forget to mention new features that I'm sure a lot of people expected. For one, I think the battle spot NEEDS a 6v6 battle option, and not just a special season event. I really hate looking for 6v6 battles from random people who might not even be ready to battle, either that or wait and hope someone challenges me.

Back