• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will be the next mainstream Pokemon game?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I would really like the remake of Sinnoh, but I don't think that's going to happen! With all these rumors and clues, the "new" Pokémon, the "new form" of Zygarde, all this points to a sequel of the Kalos Region I think!

💀DUSKIZARD💀

Charizard Expert
    Years
    If you're talking mainstream, I would say a nostalgic game would get people playing. Or at least me. But from the looks of it, they're making another generstion. No too excited though, since it is probably gonna have some uninspired crap pokemon.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    If you're talking mainstream, I would say a nostalgic game would get people playing. Or at least me. But from the looks of it, they're making another generstion. No too excited though, since it is probably gonna have some uninspired crap pokemon.

What makes you say that? :o The newer generations have given us some amazing Pokemon, imo. There's always a few in each generation that aren't so good, but I think it's always been that way.

Perhaps I'll be the one to mention this, and perhaps give this thread a kick-start, but according to an interview held by Nintendo World Report with The Pokémon Company's International's Director of Consumer Marketing, J.C. Smith, apparently the next game has something to do with flowers.

PokéBeach came up with a good theory in that AZ's Floette (As well as unused data in X/Y for his Floette to boot) could be a major part of the story, perhaps the next game will discuss more about the Floette and have us return to Kalos (The mentioned Pokémon Z version)?

I think it's most likely that this is referring to AZ's Floette. The next game might focus a bit more on AZ's past and the perhaps expand on the ultimate weapon episode. Also,

What will be the next mainstream Pokemon game?

I feel like the appearance of AZ's Floette's eternal flower in ORAS is significant. The fact that they silently included it in ORAS indicate tells me it may be significant to the Kalos third version.

This is all just speculation on my part though. It could, alternatively, be the central theme of the next generation.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Perhaps I'll be the one to mention this, and perhaps give this thread a kick-start, but according to an interview held by Nintendo World Report with The Pokémon Company's International's Director of Consumer Marketing, J.C. Smith, apparently the next game has something to do with flowers.

PokéBeach came up with a good theory in that AZ's Floette (As well as unused data in X/Y for his Floette to boot) could be a major part of the story, perhaps the next game will discuss more about the Floette and have us return to Kalos (The mentioned Pokémon Z version)?

I think you are right! The next game must be about Floette and AZ! Maybe focused more in the past of the 2! Interesting ...

blue

gucci
    Years
    It has also been said that Pokken Tournament isn't the main "thing" for Pokemon in 2016. Given that it will be the 20th anniversary next year, I'm hoping they've got something major lined up for that year.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    As far as mainstream games:

Z version, then Gen VII, then Diamond and Pearl remakes, then Gen VIII, then Unova remakes...

Okay, I'm jumping the gun here but Pokémon is so linear with its games it's kind of hard for me to see anything else. Maybe the odd remake-remake for Gen I and II, but I don't see those happening for quite a while, honestly, and I feel like they won't be remakes, but rather "new" games, just set in the older regions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    As far as mainstream games:

Z version, then Gen VII, then Diamond and Pearl remakes, then Gen VIII, then Unova remakes...

Okay, I'm jumping the gun here but Pokémon is so linear with its games it's kind of hard for me to see anything else. Maybe the odd remake-remake for Gen I and II, but I don't see those happening for quite a while, honestly, and I feel like they won't be remakes, but rather "new" games, just set in the older regions.
    and odd remake-remake for Gen III too :P

Yeah Z seems likely. If they do go with Z then I wonder what the other game that uses the Pentagon found in OrAs' code is... I think it may be Pokémon Go but it could also be a Yellow remake (2017 is close to Yellow's 20th anniversary...) Actually I think that instead of remaking the pairs another time they should just remake the third versions (so eventually Yellow or Blue remake, Crystal remake, and Emerald remake, farther down the line a Platinum remake, and a Z remake...who knows how they'll handle Gen V's first remakes...)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    and odd remake-remake for Gen III too :P

Yeah Z seems likely. If they do go with Z then I wonder what the other game that uses the Pentagon found in OrAs' code is... I think it may be Pokémon Go but it could also be a Yellow remake (2017 is close to Yellow's 20th anniversary...) Actually I think that instead of remaking the pairs another time they should just remake the third versions (so eventually Yellow or Blue remake, Crystal remake, and Emerald remake, farther down the line a Platinum remake, and a Z remake...who knows how they'll handle Gen V's first remakes...)

I can see third installment remakes coming in place of say, FRLG or HGSS remakes now that you mention it further down the line when the time comes for them to say, "Hey, we haven't had a game in Kanto in a while..."

And this other game with a pentagon found in ORAS' code is new to me, what are you referring to?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can see third installment remakes coming in place of say, FRLG or HGSS remakes now that you mention it further down the line when the time comes for them to say, "Hey, we haven't had a game in Kanto in a while..."

And this other game with a pentagon found in ORAS' code is new to me, what are you referring to?

These people know more about it than I do https://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon/pokemon-general/513526-discuss-potential-for-atleast-only-having-two
    There are now hints that we're getting a Z so the last possible code could be...how knows what it could belong to (could be left over in case GF decided on a X2Y2 over a Z). I am thinking it could also be used by Pokemon Go.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    These people know more about it than I do https://www.marriland.com/forums/po...discuss-potential-for-atleast-only-having-two
    There are now hints that we're getting a Z so the last possible code could be...how knows what it could belong to (could be left over in case GF decided on a X2Y2 over a Z). I am thinking it could also be used by Pokemon Go.

My guess would be that most likely, they put in two slots early on before they had decided whether they want to do X2/Y2 or just a single third version. But still, the possibility of two games is exciting! If I had to speculate, my money would go towards Pokemon A and and Pokemon Z (I've always thought there had to be some significance to AZ's name).

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
    If it's not too 'interruptive' maybe we'll get to play as AZ in the next games, as a prequel to all the Pokemon games. Hence Sopheria saying that Pokemon AZ will be the next games, it would be perfectly understood. I haven't played any of the 3ds Pokemon games so I don't fully know if playing as AZ will be possible. I just know a lot about AZ because I have a friend who played it already (and wants me to buy a 3ds so we can fight and all plus play mh4 together). The idea is stupid and crazy at the same time cause that's how I think. hahaha

Back