• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What will be your Team in Platinum??

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I've been thinking about my Platinum team, since I bought the American version this afternoon and it differs slightly, when compared to my Japanese Platinum team. This time, I decided to start with Chimchar.

In the end, I'll probably have:
    Infernape - Interestingly enough, I was one of the people who didn't like the fact that there were only to evolutionary lines for Fire types... and I go use the Starter, anyway... XD
    Glaceon - This will be the first time I've used Glaceon, in-game... I'm so excited! <3
    Luxray - I used Luxray in my Japanese playthrough as well, but I just wanted to use it again. ^^ *doesn't really want to use Electivire or the other Electric types*
    Gardevoir - She was a common Pokemon in my Ruby and Sapphire teams, so I decided to bring her back, since she was a part of the Platinum roster, what with the National Dex modification.
    Quagsire - This is an interesting one... I never thought about using Quagsire before, but I thought I might as well use it this time around as my Water type, what with me not using Empoleon, like usual... ^^;;
    Altaria - I just now noticed that Altaria was a part of the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum! Finding that out, I decided that I just HAD to have one of my own. <3 This coming from someone who actually has and has completed the Japanese version... XD;;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have a Chimchar and a Shinx right now. :D
    I plan on getting a Togepi Cynthia gives you for my team! :P The rest, I have no idea...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    So far I currently have Grotle...but I 'm not exactly sure what my team will be by the time of the Elite...though I want to catch a Houndour for my fire type and I originally wanted an Umbreon but that'll make me have TWO dark types, so I might reconsider that...but not sure of the others as yet...

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Thusfar, I have:

Turtwig - Adamant
    Spearow - Adamant
    Flareon - Mild
    Chinchou - Modest
    Gallade - Adamant

Not sure what I'm filling that sixth slot with, yet. Anyone have any suggestions? Any would be appreciated. :D
    Um for the six slot id have to say Scizzor/Mamoswine.Why though?

We both have the same 2 pokes Turtwig/Torterra and Flareon.
    My Mamoswine works well with those 2 (not double battle related).

and + you dont have a Ice/Bug/Steel poke.

EDIT: or you can just get a HM slave

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2009
    Haha, i already have platinum and im working on a fun team

Sunflora
    Rotom-Cut
    Primeape
    Hariyama
    Starmie
    Zapdos

not really competitive

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    i haven't played platinum yet but i'm thinking of playing it in a clean start way. i mean playing following the story, using pokes that are available in sinnoh, no traded pokes, no pokes from breeding.... just my way of challenge to savor the fun. so here's the team i'm planning to have in there final form.

-torterra (cause i like having the starters on my team as always)
    -staraptor (i've used one in pearl so i'm might replace it cause i don't like using this same though its strong)
    -rapidash (i think it's the only decent fire type you can get at the beginning-->ponyta)
    -gastrodon (i've used a shellos in pearl but replaced with barboach->whiscash cause i find it has more cool moves, i'll continue using one this time)
    -blissey (is there a chansey or happiny in platinum?)
    -bronzong (not sure of this though)

Years
    So far my plot team consists of;

- Torterra
    - Rapidash
    - Eevee
    - Gardevoir
    - Feebas
    - Larvitar

Also I have shiny pichu and skitty that I sub in here and there, plus absol and togepi.

Cid

Years
    Currently:

+ Leafeon
    + Infernape
    + Floatzel
    + Staraptor
    + Mamoswine
    + Uxie

They're arranged by level and HP.

Rage xD

Honey is awesome!!!
    Years
    Okay, my team:

Torterra - NEVER used him as a starter yet =(
    Lucario - Fav xD
    Staraptor - Always caught first, learns wing attack at level 9 for the win!!
    Flareon - Fav fire type =)
    Luxray/Electrivire - Havn't decided.
    Rampardos - Can't be resisted being in my team =)

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I finally figured it out. Some of these pokemon will switch out with my legendaries if I end up fighting someone who uses them.(I like to be fair.) I am aware that some of my ideas may not go along with some of the ideas for how to use pokemon on this site. I've been doing this for years isolated from any sort of online community as far as pokemon is concerned. I have won local unofficial tourneys and have climbed up my way through Battle Tower(wi-fi) numerous time. I'm very confident in what I am doing even though some people may disagree with the tactics I use. If my way works, I'll continue doing it this way. I'm always open and willing to listen to new ideas though.

Here is the new team:

Empoleon-This one is brought over from Pearl. He can always take a hit and I have used him to take on 3 pokemon in battle towers and online. He worked out quite well. He knows 4 different types of moves and can take a hit. This pokemon knows 3 types of moves.

Staraptor-This pokemon only knows two types of moves unfortunatly. The only drawback I see to this pokemon besides low defense is that it can't learn a lot of moves of different types that I would find to be useful. I only use physical attacks for this pokemon since physical attack is where this pokemon excels at as far as damage is concerned. In a nutshell, Staraptor is fast and can deal out a lot of damage. This pokemon is my "make your pokemon faint before mine does" pokemon. This pokemon has proven to be reliable even when I play the battle tower online.

Luxray-Overall, I think this is an awesome electric type. Most people think that Raichu is superior. I respectfully disagree. Luxray actually has physical defense(Raichu's phyiscal defense is too low for my taste.) and has been a great performer in a variety of situations whether it be taking down gym leaders or helping me secure a win in a local tournament. Whether anyone chooses Raichu or Luxray obviously depends on preference. Both are excellent pokemon, I just prefer Luxray. Luxray knows 4 types of moves. :D

Torterra-A new edition to the team to sub for Palkia. This pokemon is untested online but based on its performance againist various gym leaders it should do quite well. I'm expecting a lot from this pokemon and I'm sure that this one will not disappoint. This pokemon will know 4 types of moves.

Tauros-Here's a pokemon that I think people have forgotten about. I used a Tauros to defeat Lance in pokemon silver. Tauros took out half of his team with the help of a few hyper potions. This pokemon can take a hit and can give it. Its drawback is that it has a low special attack and a subpar defense againist special attacks. Tauros is fast, can take a hit, and deals a good amount of damage. Tauros is in a word, a monster when used properly. Even when the odds are againist this pokemon, it does not falter and gets the job done. Final moveset is still undecided. All of its attacks will be physical though due to his low special attack.

Porygon2-One day this pokemon will be a PorygonZ. I noticed that the stat growth for porygon2 are more well rounded than porygonZ. Therfore, this pokemon will be a Porygon2 until it is a very high level. I will evolve it to porygonZ for the additional speed later. This pokemon can learn a variety of different moves. This pokemon will definatly know 4 types of moves. I will be using different attack types that my other pokemon either can't learn or doesn't have.
    blissey (is there a chansey or happiny in platinum?)
    Yes. Route 209/210 I believe. Bring a pokemon that doesn't do too much damage because even though Chansey's health is high, its defense is very low.

Last edited:

5tat3

Emcee/TDA Breeder
    Years
    alright my current team
    scizor lvl 60
    garchomp lvl 54
    Houndoom lvl 47
    empoleon lvl 54
    giratina origin lvl 54
    alakazam lvl 44

need 3 more pokes to fill sinnoh pokedex

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    Thanks RedWire and Toon_DeiDei. I'm now thinking either Lucario or Scizor, but leaning a bit more towards Scizor as I already have a Fighting Type on the team. The Mightyena is an interesting idea, but since I already have some Dark Type attacks on Fearow and Gallade, I may not worry about it quite so much. I think I may go for the Scizor, but I wouldn't mind some opinions. Anyone have any thoughts? :D

5tat3

Emcee/TDA Breeder
    Years
    i would go with scizor its a beast if you use it rite i mean i beat half the E4 with just scizor and some ev training it is monstrous

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Mine is Jolteon Lvl 33, Spiritomb lvl 29, Dragoair lvl 31, Monferno Lvl 29, Alazkazam Lvl 30
    and I have Tropius as my HM slave with cut, rock smash, defog, and fly.
    I just beat the fourth gym.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    What will be your Team in Platinum??
    {Houndoom}
    --Level 32--Level 32-----Level 32----Level 31---Level 31---Level 26
    --Male------Male--------Male--------Male-------Male-------Male

I find it odd that they are all male. And I did go through the trouble of happiness-evolving Roselia and Togetic. Now all I need is 2 Shiny Stones and a Dawn Stone!

By the way, I'm just south of Veilstone, just completed the gym.

Years
    My team will eventually be Torterra, Staraptor, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Togekiss and Houndoom, though at the moment I only have Grotle, Staravia, Gastrodon, Gligar and a Togepi Egg. 8D

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Right now I'm using:

Monferno
    Skarmory
    Leafeon
    Feraligatr
    Pupitar
    Luxray

I've got Mightyena, Absol, Cranidos, Duskull, and Scyther in a box, and I'm hoping to find a different Electric type to use, as I'm trying to use Pokemon I haven't before (though I've used Mightyena), but needed more than just my starter as being un-traded when I started, so I got me a Shinx. The thing is, there aren't many Electric types I can think of off-hand that either I've used before, are weak, or are stupid-looking.

All my Pokemon seem to be male, too, save for Luxray and Duskull (I named her Reapette X3).

Back