• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What will be your Team in Platinum??

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Well, unless the Garr-hating stops I have no reason to change my competition team. In terms of storyline team, eh, whichever powerful species I happen across. Though once I get the last badge I will be Garring the hell out of whoever's left to garr.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    This thread comes a little late for me, since I have the Japanese version of Platinum. XD

But my Japanese team was...:

Empoleon, Garchomp, Espeon, Staraptor, Lopunny and Luxray.
    I completed up to victory over the Elite Four with the Pokemon mentioned at Level 54, Level 55, Level 53, Level 53, Level 54 and finally... Level 53, respectively. I admittedly used Garchomp for most of the battle against Cynthia, due to her weakness to Dragon and Ground types in her hard-hitters. As for why Espeon rather than Glaceon... I wanted a Psychic type, but didn't want to use Chimecho or Alakazam. (the latter being the previously most-used in playthroughs, for me)

As for when I purchase it in English... Hmm...

I'll probably go with Torterra, since I've used Empoleon in every playthrough, thus far. Glaceon will also be a Pokemon I will use in my English playthrough, but I'll likely trade to my Diamond Version so that I don't have to wait until I get to Snowpoint City to evolve it, and actually get a suitable Ice type attack on it. Area evolutions are a real pain when you've not got that far, yet...

As for the rest... pending. I'm not entirely sure what other Pokemon I'll use. But since I used Garchomp in my Japanese playthrough, I won't be using it in my English playthrough.

Adagio~

♪ s.l.o.w.b.e.a.t ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    It's so hard to choose. But I think I finally have an idea~ >x> It'll change, I know it.

Monferno
    Tegetic/Togekiss
    Leafeon
    Pikachu/Luxray/Zapdos. >w< I can't decide. Probably not Zapdos, but it's my favorite bird. =<
    Dewgong
    And maybe Absol.

I still really want a Turtwig, but I wanted a different starter for a change. ^_^'

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I'm between two choises here. On the other hand, I'd like to use only 4th pokemon like in my Diamond (especially because you can have some earlier in Platinum), but on the other hand it would be nice to trade my final, (newly hatched) competitive team to Platinum already in the beginning so I wouldn't have to train another team later.
    If I go for the '4th gen poke'-plan, I'll probably have
    Empoleon
    Togekiss
    Roserade
    Gallade
    Glaceon
    Mismagius

because they are all new pokemon that I like but haven't used them in my team yet. If I were to trade, I could have Blaziken, Meganium, Azumarill, Flygon and... two more. :P

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Hmmm, for my playthrough, I'm planning on this team:

Empoleon, (starter)
    Leafeon
    Magmar (now that you can catch it in Fuego Ironworks)
    Magnezone (see above)
    Staravia
    Garchomp

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I'll just use my Diamond team,
    Absol
    Drifblim
    Frosslass
    Gallade
    Alakazam
    And of course, HYPNOOOOOOOOOOO!<333

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    I'm really not sure yet. I'm going to just try with pokemon that are native to the place instead of trading for my favorties. so it'll basically be
    Infernape, Garchomp, Roserade, Gengar, luxray, and weavile.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Hrmm. Interesting Question.
    Well, I guess it will be a bit like this:

Infernape, Crobat, Magmortar/Electivire, Leafeon/Glaceon [Haven't decided yet], Drifblim and Rotom

Although, Drifblim is prior to switch 'cuz I used it alot in D/P, Maybe with Garchomp.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I think I'll use something very similar to my Pearl team:
    Monferno
    Luxray
    Gastrodon
    Roserade
    Mismagius
    Drifblim

May use Staraptor as flying, haven't had him since my first play-through.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Lol

My team is going to be

Chimchar- when you pick pokemon

Phione-10

shaymin-16

Starly- level 4

ambipom- level 45 (Use when needed or having trouble)

Palkia- level 10

Wait how can u send pokemon from Diamond to platinum?

Years
    Empoleon
    Moveset
    Metal Claw
    Bubble Beam
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Lucario

Moveset
    Force Palm
    Aura Sphere
    Extreme Speed
    Dark Pulse

Abomasnow

Moveset
    Ice Punch
    Razor Leaf
    Giga Drain
    Shadow Ball

Absol
    Moveset
    Bite
    Razor Wind
    Night Slash
    Iron Tail

Umbreon
    Moveset
    Faint Attack
    Pursuit
    Swagger
    Confuse Ray

My fifth Pokemon is either going to be: Giratin(Most likely), Toys R Us event Shaymin or Toys R Us event Regigigas.

My team will change later on in the game though. I'm thinking of keeping it all starter Pokemon. Just the Hoenn and Kanto starters. Or maybe I'll mix it up with starters from each region. I'm not sure yet.​

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Hmmm. Empoleon for sure. gardevoir is a definite too.

For the others. i'm trying to pick four of these: Buneary, Pachirisu, Leafeon, Espeon, Glaceon, Togekiss, Altaria, and Houndoom.

Back