• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will never be in your avatar or signature?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Any of those "copy this into your signature if you think..." or Mudkip's. I just don't lke Mudkip's.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • So, what are the things you hate so much you'll never use it as your avatar or signature?

Smut, anything political (With the exception of a non-4chan related anonymous avatar), religious or areligious stuff, inside jokes,

What if anyone dared you to use those images in your avatar or signature?

Put my foot down and decline.

Why do you hate this/that thing?

Smut is rather unpleasant and the cancer that is killing the decency of every community ever.

Politics, religion, or "not a" religion are topics that are not appropriate to bring up in day to day conversation.

Inside jokes are the cancer that is killing humor. All I see is "Hey, look at my social clique! We laugh together to spite outsiders!"

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • I would never use anything I can get off of the internet or a search engine. If someone offered me to use such images, I would say,"no thanks".

"Hate" is such a strong word, I would say I dislike using those things is because I think it's not a creative, original signature/avatar. I only use things that I draw, and even though they may not be the best, you'll never see something like it.

Is there a place on PC where I could get lessons?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I don't really hate anything, but I won't use anything for a signature/avatar that I don't like. So um... yeah, don't hate anything. Except maybe ponies. Those are obnoxious.

Years
  • So, what are the things you hate so much you'll never use it as your avatar or signature?

Anything My Little Pony related

I am strictly against anyone over 8 years old watching/liking MLP.

Because MLP's a show for 6 year olds, and people like it just because it was made by the same creator who made Foster's. The overly obsessed fanbase that roams on the Internet, and makes it highly unwatchable.

Years
  • Anything related to Pokemon.

Oh wait~

On a more serious note, anything that includes Mudkip (I grew to have a strong dislike for it because of the annoying "so i herd u liek mudkipz?" thing). Also, those trainer cards... they're just very unattractive and make one's whole forumset a mess imho.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    For me either Mr Squiggle (scary creature) OR anything with tentacles, like Tentacruel, etc. All so scary. :x

This question only applies to avatars anyway, lol, not intending to change signature and I feel weird without Herdier avatar :(

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • There's nothing that I hate, but I don't need to hate something to not put it in my avatar/signature. :3

What I will never put in my signature (although I can't tell the future lmao) is:

-Trainer cards (I don't completely mind them but I think it messes up the signature)
    -Probably won't use a "theme" in the usual sense, as in a fancy signature picture with linked symbols and fancy centring/CSS that all the cool kids (lol that term) use. Not out of spite or an intense desire to be different but because I'm not really artistic enough for it. xD
    -A whole bunch of banners. I actually have used them before, and I won't completely rule out using them in the future, but it would only be one at a time. I just think it's messy and too much advertising.
    -Paragraphs of text. I don't like a lot of free text in signatures.
    -Anything illegal to this forum obvz

That's probably it. I'll be sticking to my whole Pokéinfopage signature thing for about two years anyway. As for avatars, I guess I would rule out putting pictures of actual real life people (as in photographs of a person's face, as opposed to pictures of cartoon characters) unless on occasion if the person is a character in a TV show. I mostly alternate between anime girls and Pokémon sprites anyway.
    Also no pr0n or illegal stuff of course. I am a good girl I don't do that. :3

I guess I would never put Wikileaks in my avatar/signature either, mostly because I don't have anything to say about it and it has nothing to do with me. xD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ironically... when I first joined I had a trainer card as my sig with all my favourite Pokémon but I now know I just wouldn't... I like to be creative with my signature.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I think I will keep my set I have right now. Just because it fits well together and also goes very well with the skin I'm using.

However, if I ever changed I would never change to these things:
    - Anything with guitar in it. It's not that I hate the guitar, it's just that I am a wind instrument player and only feel like representing them since they deserve so much more attention.
    - Any of those non-personal fad things like the eggs that hatch when a certain amount of people click on them, or the false and flat out horrible sayings that you're supposed to copy and paste like "98% of teenagers would be sad if Justin Bieber died (or something like that) paste this in your signature if you're one of the 2% that would be happy".
    - Plusle and Minun (in a positive nature, that is) because I hate them and they don't deserve to exist.
    - Violent or otherwise inappropriate content.
    - Stuff I find incredibly stupid like anime characters with cat ears.

And no, no bet would change any of that.

Years

Anything My Little Pony related

I am strictly against anyone over 8 years old watching/liking MLP.

Because MLP's a show for 6 year olds, and people like it just because it was made by the same creator who made Foster's. The overly obsessed fanbase that roams on the Internet, and makes it highly unwatchable.

Oh, and to the person who left me feedback on my post

What will never be in your avatar or signature?

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
    Scary faces, blood, monsters or something annoyingly disgusting that make you lose your appetite or puke. >.<

I will politely refuse :3

I hate that because avatar and signature is something which defines my personality and those things clearly do not and they don't have any aesthetic appeal in them.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • - So, what are the things you hate so much you'll never use it as your avatar or signature?

Thats so easy, I would never use bad words, i just hate them so bad! X3

- What if anyone dared you to use those images in your avatar or signature?

I would just make another account and put it on there and then never go on that account again :P

- Why do you hate this/that thing?

Cause i totally hate bad words, if i say one i feel really bad.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Anything weeaboo. Pokemon and Asian cuisine is as far as I go with that. I can't freaking stand weeaboos. Nor will I have "deep" lyrics, poems, colored text, or a mass of Photoshop effects.

Also agreed on the MLP sentiment

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    >So, what are the things you hate so much you'll never use it as your avatar or signature?
    Ponies, leek (though Farfetch'd is acceptable for some reason), female celebrities and bloody stuff. I don't like all these for various reasons.

>What if anyone dared you to use those images in your avatar or signature?
    I don't see why someone would, unless they're a sadist, but supposedly speaking, I would 'no u' them.

>Why do you hate this/that thing?
    Some things are better off not explained. Or guessed at, alternatively.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Anything Justin Bieber related, because he's just too fruity even for me. That, and anything Twilight related too.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • No twilight love posts... Or hate posts even... Not twilight no. Even hate posts will never invade my precious signature limit. No. I hate them so much that I will not even try to make a hate post of them.

Harry potter is so much better.

Back