• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What will you be doing on March 22 (Pokemon Platinum Release)

What will you be doing?

• Playing non-stop

Votes: 65 65.0%
  • Play a little...then stop

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Not gonna play it.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Psht. I'm not even getting it.

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hoping that my aunt remember to buy it for me. I'm in Europe and it's not released here until June, so I've decided to do what I always do when there's a new Pokémon game being released: ring my aunt in America and beg her to buy it for me.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Remembering the days when i used to hop on the f-train with my mom and going to every event down there. Ah how i miss new york. Oh and wondering when the crazy old importing man will bring it in.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Saddly, I'll be at a Boy Scout campout Sunday morning, but here is my plan, nonetheless. I'm going to have it pre-ordered, and I'm going to see if my mom/dad will pick it up before I get back.

6:00
    Wake up, pack my things, and pray that we will leave soon.

12:00
    Hopefully be back from the campout. If my parents picked up the game, I will play it non-stop. If not....

12:30
    Shower, get ready quickly to go to Target/Wal-Mart/Wherever.

1:00
    Buy Pokemon Platinum

1:30
    Play non-stop.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012

Be sad cause i can't afford it ='( so i'll prolly not get until easter =(

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    I plan to be buying Platinum and then play it for a while until it bores me. Then I'll play Blue for a while and probably sleep afterward. It's not like I have a lot to do on a Sunday=-[

Years
    I'll try to convince my parents to get the game around noon (I'm just lazy that way), then settling down for some serious Galactic butt-kicking.

Years
    Schedule

8: Wake up

9:O0 leave for Toys R Us

9:30: Arrive

9-10: Wait infront of store for 30 min, playing DS, getting it ready for Platinum.

10:01: Get the reserved game. Be first in area to play Platinum.

10:02 to around 1:30: play Platinum

until dinner: do leftover march break homework

after dinner: play more Platinum

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do on the Sunday when Platinum comes out. I'm skipping school on Friday (with permission) because it's my birthday, and I'm going to go shopping for my birthday gifts (yes, I get to pick my own :cer_tongue:). Then my mom is taking me to my dad's on Friday night. I'll spend all of Saturday doing things around town with him. My mom works on Sunday, and I'll still be with my dad, so I don't know if I'll be buying the game or not that day considering my dad probably won't bring me to the store. But my mom said that when she has a day off work, she'll go buy me the game, and I can pick it up sometime (probably after school). So, yeah, it all depends. :cer_confused:

Years
    Waking up at 9.30 in the morning.
    Get dressed enough to be presentable.
    Putting my DS Lite in my jacket pocket.
    Transferring my fifty dollar bill from hiding spot to my wallet.
    Getting that ticket thing with receipt from the pre-order into a jacket pocket.
    Going for a coffee...
    THEN I get in the likely line-up outside Toys R Us...
    Stand awkwardly as I enjoy the comments of the crowd...
    Get Platinum, from shelf if it comes to it...
    Play for hours...
    Trade my babies from Pearl/Diamond.
    Get the Friend Code!

EDIT: Forgot. Sunday hours at TRU? They suck!

Years
    im going to play it before i start school cuz then im never gonna pay attention in school so im going to get a head start on it so i wont have to worry too much

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I live in Australia (so it is not coming out on the 22) it feels like it will never come out but i hope it comes out while im holidays so i can play it forever

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Like the guy above I will be sitting around eagerly awaiting the Australian release date (possibly April/May 22nd-ish).

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    I won't put it down :P I have nothing better to do, as it were. Pokemon Platinum will own that day.

Scratch that, I won't be getting the game until the 27th, because amazon.com apparently loves making me sad D:

Last edited:
    Back