• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Will You Do the Most in HG/SS?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    I'll start training my dream party of Ninetales, Wailord, Tangrowth, Manetric, Aagron and Dragonite.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    well, you can forget, wi-fi battling. My main objectives are: to beat the 2 pokemon leagues, catch all the pokemon AVAILABLE IN THE GAME, beat the battle frontier.

TigerSwift

New Breeder
    Years
  • I will be filling my pokedex completely this time. Got a few gaps in Plat that I can fill in SS.

Then I will go into full scale breeding and training to get a decent WiFi team together.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Constantly WiFi battling. I already have almost every Pokemon (Besides a select few. Arceus, Deoxys, Mew.) So only reason I really need the game is for new attacks and sprites :P As well as the love for Johto.

Years
  • I'll be breeding quite a bit at first (the new HGSS breeding mechanics are niiiice!). I want to get that star for 100 wins in the Battle Tower, so yeah, lots of breeding. Along the way, I'll work on dex completion, Pokethlon stuff, ect. Eventually I'll settle down and enjoy the oldschool stuff like Bug Catching contests, fighting Red repeatedly, rival battles, and other things I used to do all the time in Silver version.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • Train.

Like I'm on FREAKING FIRE.

And that is SO not a Cyndaquil joke.

HAHAHA it still made me laugh XD

but i'll be doing the same thing cuz my friend is my rival at college and we battles all the time thru PBR in my dorm.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'll most likely be training between gyms so I can prepare myself for the next gym, and that should be it.

If not that then explore Johto and find all the new things in it, and I'll definitely do that for Kanto as well.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Train my pokemon more than likely. I spent almost 20 hours just for training my pokemon on platinum while I had only just got the 2nd badge.

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • Hmm, I'll probably do bug catching contests since those were my favorite in Silver. I'll probably battle Red constantly for fun. I'll be doing a lot of training and Battle Frontier since that's what I do in Platinum now. Make several teams just for fun and that's about it. I may try to fill up the Pokedex but that'll take a while since I'm lazy about it.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I'll focus on training and battling first to get through the main storyline and the 16 gyms. I will take a break after the 3rd gym and do Pokethlon games until I have enough points to get evolution items for two of the planned members of my team. I'll also need to catch a Scyther in the Bug Catching Contest. After that, I'll work on breeding, dex completion, and EV training other Pokemon while I level-grind to beat Red.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    I want to Breed. I never have had the Major Awesomely amazing pokes like everyone else. And I want to make sure people can get to them. I want to complete the pokedex too. My brother always cheats so I never did get to finish it legally. The thing I'm most excited for is I'll finally be all caught up with everyone else. I've been playing crystal for sooooooo long.

Plus, I got to finally beat the "Unbeatable Pair" at my school. And yes I'm in high school graduating this year and I still play pokemon.

Years
  • Well I just got platinum a couple weeks ago and I'm at the point where I can go back and battle the gym leaders and elite 4 again. I'm finding new pokemon and training them up to see how they fare at the level 50+ category. I also haven't done any contests yet so I'm going to see how those go.

I'll probably do the same with HG (except I'll do the pokeathlon instead of contests).

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I'll probably spend most of my time filling my Pokedex. I want to get as close to 493 as possible.

Mirokarosu

✮:: B e a u t i f u l !
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Bawl and bother my siblings saying how pretty everything looks in the game when they're also playing it.

I'll probably finish the story line, then spend much of my time training my Team to Lv. 100. I'm hoping to finally have one team at that level, after all these years. xD;

And maybe complete the Pokedex. Never did that in any of my games, either.

Back