• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What will your Ingame team be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen today
    Some combination of the following:

What will your Ingame team be?

Though I normally only have teams of two or three, so there's that too.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • Swampert, Crobat, and get Gallade at some point that will probably be it until I beat the elite four then I'll continue working on my team until then.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't completely decided as to what my team's going to be, but one Pokémon I'm planning to have is Swampert.

In general, I'm a huge fan of this Pokémon. Swampert might not have much of an appealing look, but what I'm most fond of regarding it as its ability to be tank. It could withstand hits as much as it wishes, and hit back even harder. Plus, it's also got access to a variety of moves that could be helpful (whether it be in-game or competitive), such as Earthquake and Waterfall.

Very interested to try my hands on its mega-evolution form, personally. Unlike its original form, I find its mega to look nice; its appearance seems to go along with its overall structure quite well. Swampert is meant to be a wall, and its mega-design promotes just that, I feel.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • I really don't know. I make my teams on a whim. The first playthrough is usually Pokemon found in the first few areas.

I don't even know which starter I'm going to choose. I'm still undecided between Mudkip and Treecko, though I'm leaning more towards Treecko.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
    Years
  • I shall be rolling with the Hoenn team that has never failed me

Peanut the Swampert
    Stew the Swellow
    Linny the Linoone
    Link the Breloom
    Viola the Gardevoir
    Cynthia the Salamence

The exact team I have used through every Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    My original Ruby team was:

Latios
    Groudon
    Pikachu
    Swampert
    Blaziken
    Altaria

But that was 10 years ago and I ended up leaving it on a plane.

I'm planning on starting with Treecko, I'll probably pick up a Flygon, Swellow, Milotic, Absol, and Metagross at some point. Also Latios. I dunno. I've played Ruby and Sapphire over and over again, so I don't know how I'm going to go about it this time.

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
    Years
  • Well I'm not sure what Pokemon you can find in the game. I'm sure the regular Hoenn Pokemon will be there, but the fact that non-Hoenn Pokemon are getting Megas, like Audino and Pidgeot, makes me think more Pokemon will be available in the remakes.

Anyway, my hypothetical teams would be:

Alpha Sapphire:
    Sceptile
    Altaria (or Audino if available)
    Mightyena
    Aggron
    Donphan
    Milotic

Omega Ruby:
    Blaziken
    Sableye
    Sandslash
    Manectric
    Azumarill
    Girafarig

Years
  • Pikachu
    Blaziken
    Wailord
    Armaldo
    Metagross
    Groudon

This may change.... I really don't know past the first two/three.

Years
  • I'll be using:

Mega Sceptile
    Item: Sceptilite(Possible Mega Stone Name?)
    Moves: Dragon Pulse, Leaf Storm, ?, ?.

Altaria
    Item: Altarinite(Possible Mega Stone?)
    Moves: Moonblast, Dragon Pulse, Cotton Guard, Roost.

Milotic
    Item: Amulet Coin
    Moves: Surf, Dive, Ice Beam, Hidden Power

Mightyena
    Item: Lefties
    Moves: Crunch, Howl, Roar, Thunder Fang

Gallade
    Item: Galladite
    Moves: Close Combat, Swords Dance, Fire Punch, ?

Magnezone
    Item: ?
    Moves: T-Wave, T-Bolt, Hidden Power, ?

Lovdisc (YOLO)
    Item: F-Sash
    Moves: Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Toxic, ?

MarcEddy

TheOneAndOnlyPokemon
    Years
  • My original Ruby team was:

Latios
    Groudon
    Pikachu
    Swampert
    Blaziken
    Altaria

But that was 10 years ago and I ended up leaving it on a plane.

I'm planning on starting with Treecko, I'll probably pick up a Flygon, Swellow, Milotic, Absol, and Metagross at some point. Also Latios. I dunno. I've played Ruby and Sapphire over and over again, so I don't know how I'm going to go about it this time.
    Wow.. that must have sucked

Not quite sure yet. It'll probably look like this.

Sceptile - Dragon Type Mega FTW!!!!
    Altaria - May be replaced with Latios or Latias (depending on which version i get), but it's gonan be hard with that Mega Dragon-Fairy combo :/
    Metagross - DEFINITELY gonna put the event Beldum to good use (Random fun fact! This'll be the first Event Pokemon since Genecect in White 2 that I'll be using in my VERY first play-through of the game)
    Milotic - Cause she's my homegirl :) and I'm using her even if she doesn't get a Mega this time around
    Diancie (maybe) - Been waiting SOOOOO long for this event, just like Beldum, I'm using it! Gonna get 2 to use in both X and OR/AS (may have to get 3 if i can't decide which version to buy :P) though if it's starting level is too high, may have to box it and use it post game :/ still gonna use it though
    Camerupt (maybe) - I might use Camerupt for two reasons 1) i like Fire types, and i have a feeling I'll need one, and 2) I've been challenging myself lately to use Pokemon I haven't used much before, and I've NEVER used Camerupt in ANY game. So, i'm thinking 'why not?' only two weaknesses, and I've got coverage on both so far. Tempting, but not definite yet.
    [EDIT]- I did find a shiny Camerupt in Friend Safari recently, so I might just have to use him in ORAS
    [EDIT]- Just downloaded my event Diancie, and it's starting level is 50. DEFINITELY too high for a normal playthrough. Gonna save it for postgame.

So that's my team so far (maybe), but it'll probably change by next month and DEFINITELY change once i actually get the game (or games)
    I just noticed that if i use this team, they're gonna fight over who get's their mega stone (and if i just decide to YOLO it and give them all mega stones and just alternate who get's to mega evolve based on who else i'm fighting... they'll still fight :P)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I really don't know what my team will be... I tend to just play through the games and decide as I go. All I know is I'll be choosing Mudkip (although I'm not sure whether or not I'll make Swampert my Mega). Basically... I have no clue about my team!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For this one, I'll be using the team that got me through my original Sapphire game, but with some possible tweaks:
    -Swampert

-Flygon

-Gardevoir or Gallade (depends on whether or not Gardevoirite is available in OR/AS)
    /

-Kyogre

-Metagross (the shiny one I bred in X/Y, not the event one)

-Armaldo (its level-up move pool tweaks in the data dump gave me an incentive to use it again)

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Idk, but what I can say that my main man Slash the Gallade will be there with Scope Lens and Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, and Close Combat :-p

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • If the Hoenn Dex is the same, I see little reason not to use the Fantastic Six I used in Emerald last time (Blaziken, Swellow, Aggron, Manectric, Cacturne, Walrein).

Maybe if I can find a Bagon I replace Swellow with Salamence, because Swellow, as someone in an old forum said... can't fight for its fugly life.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If the Hoenn Dex is the same, I see little reason not to use the Fantastic Six I used in Emerald last time (Blaziken, Swellow, Aggron, Manectric, Cacturne, Walrein).

Maybe if I can find a Bagon I replace Swellow with Salamence, because Swellow, as someone in an old forum said... can't fight for its fugly life.
    Who knows, Swellow might just end up getting a Mega, perhaps even with Gale wings as it's ability and massive attack ;).

I have chosen to do a fourteen member rotation team consisting of Sceptile, Exploud, Ninjask, Alakazam, Raichu, Gardevoir, Gallade (if I can find/breed a Ralts for both), Ludicolo, Mawile, Metagross, Swellow, Camerupt, Glalie, and Froslass.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Who knows, Swellow might just end up getting a Mega, perhaps even with Gale wings as it's ability and massive attack ;).

Please no. This is Pidgeot's time to shine.

(although Mega Pidgeot would have a completely different role...)

I have chosen to do a fourteen member rotation team consisting of Sceptile, Exploud, Ninjask, Alakazam, Raichu, Gardevoir, Gallade (if I can find/breed a Ralts for both), Ludicolo, Mawile, Metagross, Swellow, Camerupt, Glalie, and Froslass.

That's a nice idea if the Exp. Share remains the same as X and Y. 14 Pokémon is more than two different teams, they need a lot of experience. I remember doing it in Blue version and failing miserably.

Years
  • Not 100% sure but im thinking it will look something like
    Sceptile (never used one and dragon mega)
    Shiny mega metagross ftw
    The return of bob the clefable from firered nuzlocke
    MEGA BIRD JESUS
    Camerupt mega
    Tentacruel (never used)
    Trying to use some pokemon ive never used

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back