• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What will your Ingame team be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
  • I don't really plan teams...
    I planned a team in B2 but then once it released my plan completely changed. I'll just play it as it goes by. I will be using Treecko as my started to that's Sceptile in one spot, not sure about the other 5 though

Years
  • Right now I'm looking at:

-Swampert
    -Gardevoir
    -Metagross
    -Mightyena
    -Breloom
    -Altaria

I'll probably switch some of them out for something else at some points, though. I know I'm for sure switching either Breloom or Altaria out for my Sceptile when I take on the Elite Four; I never managed to beat them back then, so it seems right to bring my starter and only surviving member of my team from Ruby along when I finally do.

pkmin3033

It's a bit difficult for me to say with any certainty without knowing exactly what is on the routes...but at the moment I'm looking at the following:

- Sceptile
    - Blaziken
    - Swampert
    - Swellow
    - Manectric
    - Gardevoir

That was my original team on Ruby (I always run all three starters on my first game through) so I'll probably go with it again for nostalgia's sake...unless Pokemon I'm really fond of appear early in the game. I like establishing my team early and training them throughout the game; I hate playing catch-up with a Pokemon I get late in-game.

Years
  • Right now I'm thinking Swampert, Roserade, Torkoal, Flygon, Glalie and Dusknoir but it's still kind of up in the air.

I'm definitely starting with Mudkip and I only wanna use one more mega after that and Glalie is probably gonna take that spot. I've used Roselia like three times before but I never got around to keeping it on my team for some reason so I'm gonna use it here. Torkoal fills my Fire spot and Flygon is there because I love it and it got some cool new moves based on the data dump so it should be fun. Dusknoir I'm unsure of, I've always liked the line but I dunno if I'll use it or not. I kind of want something that's available earlier, but there's nothing else that I want that doesn't clash with someone else. :/ I'll see I guess.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Most of my first run team is almost ready (waiting to hatch my shiny Poochyena) - 5 of my 6 Pokemon will be from Hoenn - all 6 will be lowest possible level, ready to be transferred from my Y team (at least for my first team it's ready - haven't started breeding for the 2nd team yet)

Delcatty - nickname: Zoey or Milo depending on gender
    Zigzagoon - nickname: Rocket - Everstone
    (Mega) Sharpedo - haven't thought of nickname
    (shiny) Zangoose - nickaname Mozart, shiny hatched!
    (shiny )Mightyena - nickname: Zorro or Kiara depending on gender
    (shiny) Watchog - nickname: Sophie

on my second team:
    (mega) Swampert
    Glaceon - haven't thought of nickname
    Mienshao - either Mozart or Sophie on nickname
    Swellow - haven't thought of nickname
    (shiny) Furret - haven't thought of nickname
    a Fox Pokemon (haven't decided who - maybe transfer over Zorua or Fennekin or Vulpix) - haven't thought of nickname

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • So far, my team will be composed of a Hoothoot ("Bones") and a Meowth. Then the other in-game team members will be wondertrade Pokemon, most likely since I'm going on a Wonderlocke run.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm not quite sure, because it depends on if Exp Share will work like it did in X&Y.

If it does, than that's incentive for me to pick a whole bunch of Pokemon and rotate between them, as otherwise the game will be way too easy with it on, and it'd be a good chance to use many Pokemon I never did before, on top of Pokemon I liked in the past and want to reuse (especially with the benefits of better movesets and the physical/special split my goodness, and on top of maybe getting ones with good eggmoves for ingame via the new PokeNav...).

If not, then I might just stick with a core six, subject to change. Swampert and Ludicolo top the list; meanwhile ones I haven't used before and want to try out include Zangoose, Torkoal and Absol. I'd then need a flyer I suppose; already used the likes of everyone bar Pelliper in various games though (and I'm not overly fond of it/three waters is pushing it even if weaknesses balance out in this case). Maybe Skarmory?

Years
  • Like most of you guys I don't usually decide everything until I get the game... I know for a fact that I'm gonna be picking Treecko, no doubt about that in my mind. It was the starter I picked when I first played Sapphire. I have too many favorites ot be able to pick just one haha.. So the list of pokemon I may use stems from this:
    Swellow, Mightyena, Gardevoir/Gallade, Exploud, Sableye, Aggron, Azumarill, Manectric, Linoone, Magnezone, Roselia/Roserade, Camerupt, Machamp, Crobat, Salamence, Lunatone, Altaria, Armaldo, Slaking, Absol, Dusknoir, Wailord, Milotic, Kingdra, Glalie, Crawdaunt, Probopass, Metagross (event), Diancie (event obviously), Flygon, Latias, Kyogre, Regice, Huntail, Gorebyss, Rayquaza, and who knows how many other Pokemon they might have added to the game! I'm really excited for this game. Hoping Eevee might appear in the game, I might have to use Leafeon or Jolteon.. Really interesting to see everyone else's teams.

Years
  • With the new Megas, this decision is very difficult, but as it stands now here it is:

M-Sceptile, Milotic, Claydol, Absol, Swellow, Hariyama

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Would a mono grass run be better in AS or OR? Picking treeko no matter what. Flying gym, fire gym, and Lorelei might be hard though.

Or I could do a not fully evolved challenge. Again, treeko.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    What will your Ingame team be?

And my other 3 are probably unknown... Aegislash is still just meh to me but my favorite ghost type ... infact the only ghost type I like

Years
  • omg this question :O this is going to take me the next month to decide LOL.
    in x and y i actually had mega swampert, so for me its between torchic and treecko, although im probably going to choose treecko.

im undecided for the rest :(

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Would a mono grass run be better in AS or OR? Picking treeko no matter what. Flying gym, fire gym, and Lorelei might be hard though.

Or I could do a not fully evolved challenge. Again, treeko.
    I'd say it'd be harder in OR, as OR should have you fighting Magma teams more than Aqua; i.e. against fire types more than water types. Assuming the two games will differ in that regard, anyway.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    My original Sapphire was lost years ago. If I had a better memory I'd want to base my team on what I had in it. Dunno if you can transfer/PokeBank right away so I'm assuming I'll just have whatever I can catch. I do want to try some that I haven't yet, in addition to long-time Hoenn faves of mine. Some I can think of off-hand that I know I want to use (in no particular order) are Sceptile, Salamence, Flygon, Tropius, Seviper, Kecleon, Aggron, Mightyena, Altaria, and Milotic.

When trade/transfer becomes possible, I would like to port over what remains of my 3rd gen Pokemon (from FireRed, Colosseum, and a much-later-acquired Emerald) because of course. Currently some of those are sitting in my Bank, some on Y, and some still in White.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I'll be having both versions and their teams will be quite similar in the end I guess. :D

OmegaRuby: Swampert, Shiftry, Dustox, Altaria, Starmie, Banette
    AlphaSaphire: Sceptile, Ludicolo, Beautifly, Mightyena, Flygon, Xatu

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Well I used to play Pokemon with teams of Pokemon I really liked so my team would always be roughly the same but it wasn't until my playthrough of Pokemon X and Y that I decided to use Pokemon I never would use and never thought about using.

So for my Omega Ruby team will be:
    Blaziken, Swellow, Shiftry, Walrein, Manectric and Nidoking/Nidoqueen.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Well I change my mind more often then I shower so I am not really sure what I will do when I'm playing but right now my team will be:

Swampert
    Swellow/Crobat
    Torkoal/Camerupt
    Brellom/Roseade
    Glalie
    Latios/Latias Because I'm very interested in the new flying feature.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    Swampert
    Gardevoir
    Flygon
    Altaria
    Masquerain
    Froslass

These are some of my favorites! I'll also put Latias there, somewhere, as soon as I catch her.:D

Years
  • I'm not 100% decided yet. </3 All I know is that I want Sceptile for my grass, Altaria for my flying, and possibly Manectric for my electric.. everything else is up in the air. Only looking to use Hoenn Pokemon when playing through AS so that limits my options a lot (which I'm quite happy about as Hoenn was my favorite region).

Mightyena is another 'mon I'm interested in using. Underrated but very fun to play with, enjoyed training one in Ruby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back