• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
  • Fire cat
    Rock doggo
    Woodpecker
    Maybe bitey grub

Other than that, no idea.

Probably the psuedo legendary if it's a dragon.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • As of right now I will for sure be using Yungoos and Iwanko. I find them to be very interesting based on their Pokedex entry and have very appealing designs to me. This is the first time I have truly planned out Pokemon I will be using. Even the one time I tried to plan out my lineup, the only one 'mon I ended up using that I planned was Froakie. This time will be different though, those two Pokemon just speak to me XD

As for the starters, I will just have to do eenie meenie miney mo. They all seem so great and I hoestly think I'm going to love all three of them.

Lastly, for the legendaries, though I'm not saying this will happen, Solgaleo has the strongest possibility of me using a legendary in battle (outside of required usage) and I will be considering it heavily as an option for my team late-game/post-game

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I normally plan my team in advance once I know which Pokemon are obtainable. But since I'm going to try and avoid all post-release information including new Pokemon, I'll decide on my team as I play through it. Although, I will definitely be using Iwanko because I like its design and I don't think I've ever used a rock type in any of my teams before.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    With the recent information revealed, more details about my possible team:

Pretty much confirmed: Litten, Pikipek
    Very likely: Nekkoala, Yungoos, Pikachu
    Likely: Slowbro
    Maybe: Grubbin, Iwanko, Rotom

Competitors:
    -Nekkoala and Yungoos
    -Pikachu and Rotom

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    for now -
    Moon Version:
    Litten
    The new bird reveal in E3
    a hm slave pokemon
    water type for surf
    the 5&6 slot i need to see more new pokemons to pick

Sun version -
    Popplio or Rowlet i need to see the final form to pick
    HM slave
    Fly pokemon problay not the bird since i gonna use him in moon
    and pokemons thet i dont use in moon :P

Midi

Charming Ghost~
    Years
  • My general rule of thumb since HG/SS is build up a team that covers each others weaknesses and has as many attack types as possible instead of letting my starter brute force everything like I did for every game up to Platinum. I dunno what kind of Pokémon we'll be seeing for the most part (mainly because I don't follow the news on it that often,) but you'll definitely see that kind of build from my team.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    uhh im not even sure on which starter because i feel pretty equal about them right now. fire cat might have a slight lead. as for everything else no idea

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    So far it'll more than likely be:

Water type
    Grass or Electric type
    Litten
    Fighting type
    (Maybe) Grubbin
    Psychic or Fairy type

Years
  • Team so far. Popplio for sure, and Iwanko/Pikipek/Nekkoara are possibilities depending upon other revealed pokemon.

Slot 1:
    What will your team be?

Slot 2: ??? Grass Pokemon
    Slot 3: ??? Fire Pokemon
    Slot 4: ??? (Iwanko?)
    Slot 5: ??? (Pikipek?)
    Slot 6: ??? (Nekkoara?)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I also wanna see Iwanko's english name (iirc it hasn't been showed yet) before I use it. probably won't use Yungoose.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    There's not a lot of choice is there, haha. I'd probably have Popplio and Iwanko on my team. They seem like an interesting combination. Other than that, I'd have to wait to see new pokemon.

Years
  • So far my team will be:
    Litten
    Zorua
    Pikipek

I usually like to go with the early flying Pokemon available in each region and I've got a shiny Zorua in my copy of X that's waiting to be transferred to Alola :)
    #TeamLitten

As for the rest, I'll have to see some of the new Pokemon and decide the rest of my team then.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Definitely starting out with Rowlett, though I will keep an open mind about all the starters (equal opportunity and stuff).

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    7 new pokemon, so I think I gotta adjust my team a bit.

Sun team:
    Rowlet
    That new dragon thing (still getting used to the names)
    Solgaleo
    Grubbin
    Tapu koko
    Island guardian # 2

Moon team:
    Popplio
    Togedemaru
    cutiefly
    Lunala
    Island guardian #3
    Guardian # 4

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    At the moment I'm thinking Rowlet and Drampa. (Maybe Bruxish too but I'm not sure yet)

Grubbin and it's evolutions have kind of let me down. They're cool and all but I don't think I'd really enjoy using them on my team.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hum... I can change my mind so many times ...

Rowlet
    Grubbin (and evolutions)
    Togedemaru
    Maybe Drampa and/or Iwanko and/r Pikipek

Sirfetch’d

I will be playing both versions so I will have the opportunity to use 12 new Pokemon! So far the only definite team members are Litten and Bruxish.

Back