• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • Adding these to my teams thus far:

Moon: Litten, Vikavolt, Pikipek (main file will have my favorite starter of the three, the rest of the team is to be determined)
    Sun: Rowlet, Iwanko (using second fav starter on other file, and the puppy will be on the team opposite of the kitten)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Not loving a lot of the new designs... so right now the only Pokemon that I'm sure I'll have on the team is Litten

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Popplio for sure. I never plan my teams out in advance. I just end up using what's the most versatile and I often don't end up getting six Pokemon until near the end of the main game.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Sun: Litten, Iwanko, Cutiefly(?Popplio/Rowlet) (oops rock weakness)
    Moon: Popplio, Grubbin, Drampa

I'll get all three starters by trading myself lmao (so happy to have two 3ds's omg)
    But rn those are the Pokémon I currently want / interested in, I don't usually plan on teams so we'll see :)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I hope Drampa doesn't end up being like Noivern and show up really late in the game. I really want to use him early if possible. Hopefully he'll have a prevo you can catch early.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    With the new information revealed, I'd better update my possible team:

Pretty much confirmed: Litten, Pikipek
    Very likely: Grubbin line, Komala, Pikachu
    Likely: Yungoos, Slowbro
    Maybe: Drampa, Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, Rotom
    Unlikely: Bruxish, Cutiefly, Rockruff

Competitors:
    -Komala and Yungoos
    -Pikachu, Rotom, Grubbin, Togedemaru, and Tapu Koko

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So far?
    ZTzvrcB.png

Starting with Popplio and thinking of naming him Grayson.
    Catching Komala and naming him Somnus.
    Pikipek is goin to be my flier unless a better bird/Pidgey is available. Pikipek will be Woody if male and Crescent if Female.
    And my last thus far Drampa and going to be very unoriginal and name him Falkor.

Hoping to see more new ones and be able to run a whole new Pokemon team like I tried to do in XY. But these four are the ones I absolutely want. I may catch Rockruff and Bruxish just to do so, but they don't impress me enough for permanent team placement yet.

Years
  • I seem to be going the same route as Xander here.

Popplio
    Pikipek
    Komala
    Togedemaru (it'll likely have bad stats so yeah)

Not decided on the rest, since I want more new Pokemon shown first but I hopefully intend to use a team of only the new Pokemon. This is subject to change though.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My first team will be a fox team, I plan on bringing over from breeding in OR/AS, may add one from Alola if a new fox Pokemon is introduced. On Pokemon Moon

On Pokemon Sun, will use my starter, Litten, along the way will plan on adding Solgaleo. I plan on using mainly newer Pokemon to give them a chance, a fairy-type, so far haven't decided on the other 3.

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • We still don't know all the new Pokémon, so it's hard to decide a team right now.
    But I know I will have Popplio and Vikavolt (Grubbin) on my team for sure! ^^

Years
  • I seem to be going the same route as Xander here.

Popplio
    Pikipek
    Komala
    Togedemaru (it'll likely have bad stats so yeah)

Not decided on the rest, since I want more new Pokemon shown first but I hopefully intend to use a team of only the new Pokemon.

Togedemaru does have a nice typing with lots of resistances...though the 4X ground weakness is a bit of a downside. Iron barbs is a pretty fun ability;I am glad a cute pokemon (not ferrothorn/ferroseed) will be able to use the ability as well; generally it's pretty cool a pika clone might deviate from the high speed and special attack for perhaps, low speed, higher defense, higher attack. It could be really nice if GF would include an evolution because this design and concept is one of the best -- it might make it on my team if it does.

Years
  • Togedemaru does have a nice typing with lots of resistances...though the 4X ground weakness is a bit of a downside. Iron barbs is a pretty fun ability;I am glad a cute pokemon (not ferrothorn/ferroseed) will be able to use the ability as well; generally it's pretty cool a pika clone might deviate from the high speed and special attack for perhaps, low speed, higher defense, higher attack. It could be really nice if GF would include an evolution because this design and concept is one of the best -- it might make it on my team if it does.

I remember using a Pikaclone in one of my previous playthroughs, and that was a Pachirisu in DPPt so maybe Togedemaru could be something interesting if Pachirisu defied me so much. The load of resistances can also have a niche since we never had a Pikaclone with many resistances before so Togedemaru looks like it could change up that tradition-long Pikaclone trend for a more interesting turn.

The only downside is that I'm expecting it to be like the others and not have an evolution line.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • So far, I'm definitely going to have Rowlet and Salandit on my team, cuuties. <3 Potential for Cutiefly and/or Togedemaru, but I'm not too sure yet.. going to have to see. ;w; Want to have an exclusively gen 7 team too, nothing gen 6-.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Right now Litten one game and Rowlet in the other.
    I like to use older Pokemon I never used before so will probably have a mix of generations though obviously it will depend on what you can get at what time.

None of the new Pokemon really sparked any interest like Klefki and Skiddo did in gen 6. At this point most of the Pokemon revealed appear to be hm slaves or the bad dragon in the generation. Hoping for a good dragon type like Dragonite, Haxorus and Tyranitar, 3 evos, and towards the end of the Pokedex. Drampa seems like a Druddigon type.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • So far, it is

Litten
    Komala
    Vikivolt
    Mimikkyu

That's it. However, if the Litten turns out to be another Fire/Fighting type, I'm switching to Rowlet and if Rockruff's evolution is badass, I might ditch Komala.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The only certainties for me right now are Rockruff and Salandit. We'll have to wait and see what Pokemon are previous generations are available, and if there'll be any other Alola Pokemon that catch my interest. May or may not put Drampa on the team too.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm definitely picking Rowlet as my starter, and I'm almost confident in picking Rockruff and Salandit, and possibly the Grubbin line. I'd like to see what other Alola Pokemon we get though, so this isn't set in stone except for the starter.

Back