• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    I'll either go with Litten or Rowlet. Besides that I'm definitely using Mimikkyu and Vikavolt. Drampa will probably make it's way onto my team at some point, and if I use Rowlet I'm going to add a Salandit.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Starters:
    Hedwig/Robin Hood -Rowlet [latter if archer.]
    Pennywise -Popplio [if it turns out creepy]
    Thackery Binx- Litten [if the type is dark/ghost]

What I'm getting either way on my team. Names are tentative.

Falkor -Drampa
    Nicki Minaj - Bruxish
    FinntheHuman - Bear Pokemon
    Tahu - Tapu Koko
    Tie Fighter- Vikavolt
    Totodilack - Salandit.
    Generic Voltronzord - Zygarde 100%
    Steve Irwin - Komala
    Margaret - Pikipek
    Jigsaw- That ghost/fairy Pokemon

blue

gucci
    Years
  • - Litten
    - Grubbin
    - Rockruff
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???

Pretty sure it will be easy to fill those last 3 spaces assuming there are plenty more new Pokemon to be revealed. I was kinda hoping not to plan this team but things change when seeing these new Pokemon. Perhaps I'll leave the final 3 spaces open to just random encounters that I find in game rather than planning a full team of six.

Pikachuboy

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I think i will just evolve the starter Pokemon and when i catch some rare ones i will evolve them.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    So let's have an update on the team situation...

Rowlet
    Drampa
    Mimikkyu
    Bruxish
    Salandit
    ???

It's hard to say if all of them will make it on to my final team considering we've only seen 21 Pokemon so far. Bruxish and Salandit in particular are at risk of getting the boot.

At the very least it's probably a good sign that I probably won't be using any older Pokemon this time like I did back in X.

Years
  • Tentative Team:
    TXY8zcT.png

Tentative Team + Rumored Evolution
    r4xdLl6.png

Of course, I need a fire and grass pokemon to round off my type triad. Not sure if other people HAVE to do this for a first play through. I am hoping for a beautiful plant pokemon like Roserade or Lilligant for a grass team mate. As far as fire types go, I wish I could have a litten as a starter too :(

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • My starter is going to be Litten (aka Murdercat), and since I'll be playing on Sun, Sogaleo will be the mascot legendary which i might use for a few battles but then I'll just box soon. Salandit is definitely going to be part of the team considering how awesome its ability is, and its a lizard. Lizards are cool.

I'm not sure which Non-alola pokemon are going to make the cut but if a Scyther can be caught in Alola, i can have it join the team.

Years
  • Well, at this point in time, I would love to have Litten, Rockruff, Pikipek, Salandit, Mimikkyu, and Tapu Koko. But of course, too early to tell what my final team will be.

Years
  • I usually tend to have a Grass/Fire/Water trio and a flyer on the team, with two wildcards. Popplio already sealed my Water-type slot and I believe Pikipek could serve as my flyer unless if there's a better Flying-type revealed later on.

I was considering Salandit for a Fire-type but that depends on if other Fire-types of the new Pokemon won't make my grade. Komala or Kiteruguma looks hard to pick between because I do love both of them, and even Togedemaru if there's stiff competition still to come.

I am mainly attempting to do a team of only new Pokemon, so hopefully a good Grass-type gets revealed so it can take my slot there. The two wildcards tend to be random and ones I may not reveal until my team is taking shape.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    With so many new Pokemon revealed, I feel I should update my possible team.

Pretty much confirmed: Litten, Pikipek
    Very likely: Grubbin line, Bewear, Komala, Mimikyu, Pikachu
    Likely: Mudsdale, Slowbro
    Maybe: Bruxish, Comfey, Drampa, Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, Wimpod, Yungoos, Rotom
    Unlikely: Bounsweet, Cutiefly, Rockruff

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looks like I am getting Bounsweet as my regional Grass-type here, but if its possible evolution's stats suck that could be a problem. Bewear's cry is kinda turning me off from using it as my Normal-type so may end up using Komala instead, because you know... koalas.

So my seemingly updated team:
    - Popplio
    - Komala
    - Salandit (until a better Fire-type comes along)
    - Pikipek (unless if there's another new Flying-type I love)
    - Bounsweet
    - ?????

I may wait for another reveal before that final slot is decided.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I might add Bounsweet to my team of Litten and Cutiefly depending on if it evolves (and its Typing if it should evolve) and if there are other new Grass-Types. Rockruff is also likely to be on my team unless there are some other sweet new Rock-Types (maybe some new Fossil Pokémon?).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Already starting to feel a bit conflicted...

Rowlet
    Drampa
    Mimikkyu
    Wimpod
    Mudsdale
    Bruxish
    Salandit

I know I don't want to train more than six Pokemon, because I did that in ORAS and didn't really like it. Hopefully time will make things more clear. (it'll probably make it less clear but whatever)

Years
  • Looks like I am getting Bounsweet as my regional Grass-type here, but if its possible evolution's stats suck that could be a problem. Bewear's cry is kinda turning me off from using it as my Normal-type so may end up using Komala instead, because you know... koalas.

So my seemingly updated team:
    - Popplio
    - Komala
    - Salandit (until a better Fire-type comes along)
    - Pikipek (unless if there's another new Flying-type I love)
    - Bounsweet
    - ?????

I may wait for another reveal before that final slot is decided.
    Totally agree about the grass/water/fire triad as a must!

I also love Bounsweet! It will likely be either our region's elegant Roserade/Roselia/Lilligant/Bellossom/Vileplum/Florges (uh, not quite a grass but same aesthetic). It could also be more akin to our region's cute Whimsicott/Jumpluff/Cherrim. Either way, I am super optimistic for either outcome!...I will be devastated if it does not evolve though :(

The other revealed pokemon I love is Mudsdale! I love when powerful and intimidating pokemon are also regal and even a bit cute. It's orangy clay details on the end of the hooves and mane really incorporates the action of a mudslide into its appearance in a streamlined way. It all depends on Rockruff's evolution as to whether or not I will be on this horse. (pun intended)

Now I am at:
    Bounsweet (Grass Pokemon)
    ?????????? (Fire Pokemon)
    Popplio (Water Pokemon)
    Cutiefly/Comfey (Fairy Pokemon)
    Rockruff/Mudsdale (Ground or Rock Pokemon)
    ??????????

I still love Pikipek and Komala...there is a possibility their evolutions may win me over! But, of course, I can also scout them for my second run through with litten or rowlet, along with Bruxish. At this rate I hope I can make a few teams of new pokemon since they are all unique standouts. HYPED!!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • This team may change after release, but my first S/M team will be:
    -Popplio
    -Pikipek
    -Vikavolt/Salandit/Tapu Koko
    -pseudo-legendary
    -Magearna (if I can get the event)/Tapu Koko
    -Solgaleo/Lunala

This follows my tradition of having a flier, the starter, the pseudo-legend, and the box mascot on the first play through.

Years
  • Totally agree about the grass/water/fire triad as a must!

I was inspired by Ash from the anime to do that, even if Kalos saw him not catch a Grass-type for the first time ever.

I still love Pikipek and Komala...there is a possibility their evolutions may win me over! But, of course, I can also scout them for my second run through with litten or rowlet, along with Bruxish. At this rate I hope I can make a few teams of new pokemon since they are all unique standouts. HYPED!!!

One thing with team planning is that it can go wrong if a lot of the Pokemon you want are late-game, so we always need to have a backup choice. I mostly plan to only use 7th Gen Pokemon but if I have to use an older gen Pokemon I'll do it.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    As of now, the only ones that I really want to include are Rowlet and Bewear. I'm also leaning towards Salandit, especially if it gets an evolution. At this point though, I really just want to keep my options open - I'm thinking about only letting myself know about the officially revealed Pokemon before the release, and taking my time through the game to catch and train as much as I can to discover evolutions on my own.

Back