• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Someone showed me this, which could help. Spoiler warning: It shows all the Pokemon that were leaked.
    https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/

I usually build my team around Crobat. I'll definitely keep Ash-Greninja and Kommo-o in my team. As for where I'm going from there...well some of the Pokemon were leaked, so I'll put up spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

Years
    That Team Planner linked by Thunderflare is a useful spot to review your planned team, such as if you'll have a major weakness to a certain type. Half of my planned team is unfortunately is going to have a weakness to Ground but I will be carrying a Water and Grass-type to counter my huge Ground weakness anyway.

Years
    I plan on using a all 7th gen/ Alolan team. The team builder website was extremely helpful as well :)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    That Team Planner linked by Thunderflare is a useful spot to review your planned team, such as if you'll have a major weakness to a certain type. Half of my planned team is unfortunately is going to have a weakness to Ground but I will be carrying a Water and Grass-type to counter my huge Ground weakness anyway.

Yeah it's been useful. Even though my 5 planned Pokemon (so far) have 2 type overlaps, my team doesn't have more than 2 Pokemon weak to a particular type. So I'm taking that as a good sign.

Plus 4 out of the 5 are resistant to Water, which could be good in an island region.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Here's mine.

Spoiler:

Solid FWG core. Fell in love with Oricorio-Sensu when it was announced and I knew I just had to use it in my first run.

Another tentative I was thinking is...

Spoiler:

Since I'm getting both games, it's gonna be fine lol. I could always restart the game so I can get to use A-Ninetales and A-Exeggutor and A-Marowal plus Primarina so no regrets lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Someone showed me this, which could help. Spoiler warning: It shows all the Pokemon that were leaked.

I usually build my team around Crobat. I'll definitely keep Ash-Greninja and Kommo-o in my team. As for where I'm going from there...well some of the Pokemon were leaked, so I'll put up spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

What a wonderful website LOL thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019

Spoiler:

What a wonderful website LOL thanks :) I will definitely use it to make my team

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    With Turtonator being exclusive to Sun, I have decided that I'll start with Moon, and pick Litten as my starter. So here's my tentative Moon team:

Spoiler:

Tentative Sun team:
    Spoiler:

Also, both teams will have temporary members, but I'm not going to mention those.

Last edited:
    Years
    @classiccartoonsftw I can inform Alolan Ninetales and Alolan Sandslash are version exclusive as well. Sun gets Ninetales and Moon gets Sandslash.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was wondering about something spoilery related to the games and since it's sorta related to team building I'll ask it here in spoilers: (I wouldn't call this super spoilery though)

Spoiler:

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I was wondering about something spoilery related to the games and since it's sorta related to team building I'll ask it here in spoilers: (I wouldn't call this super spoilery though)

Spoiler:
    Must be post-game. If you could obtain them during the main story, they would've been in the Pokedex leak.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Must be post-game. If you could obtain them during the main story, they would've been in the Pokedex leak.

Not if the game didn't consider them as being part of the Alolan pokedex.

Spoiler:

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Not if the game didn't consider them as being part of the Alolan pokedex.

Spoiler:
    If they really found that in-game, then it must've been a postgame thing, because I doubt Game Freak would just allow us to get Pokemon that aren't in the regional dex this way in the main story.

Years
    Like the others said, I think it might be a post-game thing. Chikorita (or in fact, any starters from Gens 1-6) aren't in the Alola Dex and therefore not obtainable until most likely post-game.

MisterSushi

stanky lil bitch
    Years
    Well now that we know all of the new Pokémon, I guess I'll make my team!
    I'll go with: Decidueye, Salazzle (salandit evo), Kommo-o, Mudsdale, Alolan Raichu, and... another one? I've got no idea what to put in the last slot. Any suggestions?

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Well now that we know all of the new Pokémon, I guess I'll make my team!
    I'll go with: Decidueye, Salazzle (salandit evo), Kommo-o, Mudsdale, Alolan Raichu, and... another one? I've got no idea what to put in the last slot. Any suggestions?
    You seem like you can deal with any type, though I'd put a Water or Ice type in the last slot if I were you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    1. Primarina
    2. Salazzle
    3. Vikavolt
    4. Lurantis
    5. Lunala
    6. Palossand

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Not even sure anymore. {XD} Everything is so slow this gen, I just might end up using Cutiefly or Salandit, who I didn't have any intention of using on my initial playthrough, just to have some speed on my team.

Primarina
    Bewear
    Lurantis/Exeggutor (whichever shows up first)
    Salazzle
    Palossand
    Beartic gotta a much needed boost, so I might use it as well.

Years
    Not even sure anymore. {XD} Everything is so slow this gen, I just might end up using Cutiefly or Salandit, who I didn't have any intention of using on my initial playthrough, just to have some speed on my team.

Primarina
    Bewear
    Lurantis/Exeggutor (whichever shows up first)
    Salazzle
    Palossand
    Beartic gotta a much needed boost, so I might use it as well.

Except that Beartic isn't in the Alola Dex, so you might need a filler until Bank support for 7th Gen starts in January. As for the Lurantis/Alolan Exeggutor debacle, the leaked Dex says Lurantis is available on the second island (Akala) which is still fairly early whereas for Exeggutor it's on Poni Island which is extremely late-game.

Back