• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What would be your biggest let-downs?

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Copying an question idea from The Dex Podcast (Sorry Alex, Kellz, and Jimmy if you see this...) I ask, what would be your biggest let-downs in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire if we don't get it when the games get released? I dunno what would be my biggest let-down, but I wouldn't like it if we couldn't have a way to interact with our Pokemon the same way we could in X&Y's Pokemon Amie. I liked doing that! Let me know what would be your answer to this question, down below this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    I swear, if they don't revamp the safari (and GET RID of the current friend safari setup!) I'm going to ride a Rattata all the way to Japan and slap all of the developers myself!

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    I'd be disappointed if no new clothes or hair were added ;u; or I guess if a lot of the game was really obviously copy pasted from x and y with little touch-up.
    and if wally was outright cut, or the battle frontier.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I would be disappointed if Wallance isn't the Champion post-game :(
    I really don't like how they removed him from that post and put Steven back, especially after I have played Emerald last time... And got used to it.
    Would love Juan to be the 8th Gym leader again.
    Hopefully they will do something about this, some mini twists please - At least post-game.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    No Mega Flygon. I mean come on, it would be the only Hoenn dragon without one, and it would be a crime to not specialize it now that there are 3 Pokemon with the Ground/Dragon typing, with one being a Legendary and the other an Uber. Other then that, no Post-League Sevii. It would fit perfectly, and would allow the story to continue.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Apart from the obvious ones (mega flygon, sob.), I really hope the "meant to be original" stuff doesn't deviate too much. It's great that things like contests, bikes are confirmed to follow the originals. However if things like the trick house, PokeNav don't really resemble the past ones, I'll be terribly upset.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd be really disappointed if ORAS is just a prettier version of Ruby/Sapphire. I know its called a "re-make", but that doesn't mean that it should just be the exact same game but with graphics and mechanics updates.

Oh, and it'd suck if there's no character customization. That was something I absolutely loved about X/Y; it'd be sad to not see it return.

Last edited:
    Years
  • No mega Milotic or Flygon! (cough cough, but a mega Audino, cough cough)

No Battle Frontier or equivalent.

Same boring content on the Sevii Islands.

No difficulty settings, like hard or challenge mode.

No or very limited trainer customizations.

Years
  • Man, lots of things would absolutely ruin my experience actually. I'd say the main thing would be no Battle Frontier. That was such a fun part of the games and I think it set RSE apart from other Pokemon installations.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    I would be dissapointed if there was no Wally! (Or Mega Gallade and Milotic)

Years
  • No Battle Frontier.

No post-game.

No trumpets in most of the OST.

No character customization.

Having your Pokemon walk behind you (I'm sorry but I hated it in HG/SS because it didn't feel the same as walking with Pikachu in Yellow).

Years
  • No Battle Frontier.

No post-game.

No trumpets in most of the OST.

No character customization.

Having your Pokemon walk behind you (I'm sorry but I hated it in HG/SS because it didn't feel the same as walking with Pikachu in Yellow).

From the clips it seems like the trailing pokemon won't be a thing...but you never know. Though, I'd love to see that feature return personally!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • A bunch of them have been already said. No BF would be quite disappointing, I would sink time into that for sure. Stuff like mega flygon would be a disappointment, just less of one.

I would like to see more of Wally, and for the rival (so May or Brendan) to actually be a rival, not someone who rewards me all the time, then gives up in their own quest by Lilycove and tries to give me advice on beating the champion every single time regardless. =/ But maybe I'm hoping too much there.

My main hopes with contests being back in RSE style and Secret Bases being in with wifi support are already fulfilled, so I'm happy with that. I think the Amie will be back in (they were showing off the pikachu cosplay forms in that after all), I'd be happier if the trainer customisation was back in with more options for males (we have a far smaller range compared to female players), and I also don't at all mind Pokemon following you, but I find it unlikely to be put in (it hasn't been shown yet as pointed out, and would be even more work than in HGSS - you'd need models for 700+ Pokemon, extra for forms, and that's just animation.)

Darth Arceus

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • The continued Generation VI omission of advanced move tutors; I cannot stress this enough. I need my Earth Power and Giga Drain! I've also missed having access to Zen Headbutt, Dragon Pulse, Aqua Tail, and even Iron Tail. At least we have Dark Pulse, via TM (which it should have stayed as in Generation V, seeing as it's the only commonly available special Dark-type attack).

Guest123123

-Emerald's Battle Frontier doesn't make a return
    -Brendan or May still don't fully evolve their starter (I'm hoping it'll reach its final stage and they'll mega evolve it)
    -Archie and Maxie still have basically the same dialogue across versions, and ditto for Matt and Tabitha, as well as Courtney and Shelly. If you play both Ruby and Sapphire, or look up the characters' dialogue on Bulbapedia, the characters I grouped together have almost the exact same script as each other. Which ones you encountered depended on the version you played, but the dialogue was the same and they felt like carbon copies instead of individuals.
    -They don't update the Pokenav to where you can set it to not receive random trainer calls about narrowly missing a wild Pokemon or winning/losing a battle. Those were so irritating.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The biggest let down for me is not having the ability to directly be able to trade with x and y and being forced to use pokebank ( how am I gonna transfer my items ?). If they did that it would totally not make any sense to me as there are no new pokemon just new mega evolution which are only used in battles/contests.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2014
    Gen. 3 is my absolute favorite generation; I know the entire Hoenn region like the back of my hand and I would be terribly mad if the developers deviate too much from the originals, especially the storyline and theme. Since I made the jump from playing Emerald to playing X, the lack of features from Gen 3 really made me dislike Gen 6, even with the cloths, Amie, and Megas. I would also be let-down if they change the uniqueness of getting Milotic (my favorite Pokémon ever <3) and not giving her the Mega Evolution she disserves, 'cause it's just not fair that her rival gets one and she doesn't!

Back