• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would make Sun and Moon "perfect" for you?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    --- A Multiversal threat .
    I'm sick of Digimon fans Downplaying Pokemon just because Pokemon never had a Multiversal threat like Brave Tamer/Cyder-sluth
    its not really downplaying.
    digimon is more about overcoming impossible things though bonds and following dreams, like dbz.
    pokemon on the other-hand is more about strengthening bonds whilst still keeping the wonder of childhood and dreams and growing up slowly.
    wp-1471535192240.png

I'm also of the opinion of more expansive character customization, but I just prefer more hairstyles/colours myself. I didn't really like the hairstyle selection in X/Y, so here's hoping the one in Sun and Moon (if there's one available) would be better.
    in my opinion the hat selection was to limited.
    plus the forced default smile, that really needs to be fixed...
    honestly though, i'd like the option to steal team skulls clothes from one of the grunts or even to ransack guzma and steal his jacket. it's close to my normal wear irl as i tend to dress in all black

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    its not really downplaying.
    digimon is more about overcoming impossible things though bonds and following dreams, like dbz.
    pokemon on the other-hand is more about strengthening bonds whilst still keeping the wonder of childhood and dreams and growing up slowly.
    wp-1471535192240.png

in my opinion the hat selection was to limited.
    plus the forced default smile, that really needs to be fixed...
    honestly though, i'd like the option to steal team skulls clothes from one of the grunts or even to ransack guzma and steal his jacket. it's close to my normal wear irl as i tend to dress in all black

That's the anime!
    We are talking about the Game.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    That's the anime!
    We are talking about the Game.
    and last i checked, not even the games(or the manga for that matter) go up to the completely overblown stuff you see in digimon.
    pokemon works within reason, digimon dose not. if pokemon stops working within reason then the games & everything else will slowly diminish. if you haven't noticed, arceus was meant to set the bar on how powerful a pokemon can get because pokemon is not meant to become a bunch of completely over powered creatures. to much power being put into play will just tarnish what pokemon is. there's already to many elitist roaming around and honestly just wanting a pokemon just for the sake of an argument against a series that has nothing to do with pokemon is just cheap

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    All I'm really hoping for is another Eeveelution. I know it's not much, but with all of the Alolan forms it'd be a great chance to reveal a new form that Eevee can evolve into.

Years
  • A better end/post game that is more than "run around and catch all the legendaries" like ORAS was. Don't get me wrong, that was great in ORAS, but it needed more than just that after the delta story. I want more mini-game or battle facility type things that either more meaningful or actually really fun to do.

Years
  • All I'm really hoping for is another Eeveelution. I know it's not much, but with all of the Alolan forms it'd be a great chance to reveal a new form that Eevee can evolve into.

I hate to burst the bubble, but a Japanese trailer confirmed Eevee has no new Eeveelutions this generation. The trailer in question showed Eevee being caught and registered in the Pokedex, and Eevee had 8 Poke Ball spots around it (it's been confirmed that the Poke Ball spaces represent evolution lines) which is the current number of Eeveelutions.

Years
  • For me Sun and Moon would be perfect if they had:
    - A long postgame
    - A difficulty setting
    - A Battle Frontier
    - Something like Match Call from Emerald or the Pokégear from HG/SS (not like Trainer's Eyes from OR/AS)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • - A good evolution for Litten :(
    - A full set of 6 Pokemon that I enjoy using
    - New features that really make the game better instead of just existing for the sake of being new... I'm not really sure what exactly, but I want it to be kind of a fresh adventure. Like how the DexNav and Soaring were nice surprises in ORAS.
    - A villainous team that doesn't seem so fake. I don't know, I just thought that Team Flare was a bit fake and too easily resolved. Either the villains should be treated as a real threat or a nuisance, I think. Kind of how Team Plasma were treated as a real threat (everyone ingame was freaking out over them in BW) and how Team Rocket was kind of a bother (sorta, it's been a while)
    - More natural regions and not so linear. I didn't like how in XY the areas didn't seem to flow together--snow would come out of nowhere and their explanation was "there are a lot of Abomasnow around here." Really? Not because it's in the mountains?
    - I just want the rivals and the Elite Four to have 6 Pokemon by the end of the game. Do they really expect to beat me when it's 4v6?
    - New Megas
    - Fixing some flaws with some older generations. I find it really odd that Luvdisc doesn't evolve into Alomomola, for example. It might be too much to change evolution style, however...

This seems like a lot, but I think it's really doable, as it was in ORAS and a few other games. So I don't think it's too greedy of a list :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    and last i checked, not even the games(or the manga for that matter) go up to the completely overblown stuff you see in digimon.
    pokemon works within reason, digimon dose not. if pokemon stops working within reason then the games & everything else will slowly diminish. if you haven't noticed, arceus was meant to set the bar on how powerful a pokemon can get because pokemon is not meant to become a bunch of completely over powered creatures. to much power being put into play will just tarnish what pokemon is. there's already to many elitist roaming around and honestly just wanting a pokemon just for the sake of an argument against a series that has nothing to do with pokemon is just cheap
    Gen III deal with Global Destruction with Pokemon that would destroy the world simply by existing.
    Gen IV deal with possible Universal destruction
    Gen V deal with separate world for Human and Pokemon
    Gen VI deal with Possible Global Genocide that will wipe out many Human (except Team Flare) and all the Pokemon.

So Gen VII should be Multiversal threat since both ORAS and Anime introduce the idea of Multiverse in Pokemon.
    FYI , Many pokemon are overly powerful.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I dont want any more world or greater level threats, at least not for this generation, I'm a bit sick of it. I just wanna fight a group of thugs, and that's what Team Skull seems to be! It would be cool if after kicking their behinds Guzma and the gang gets all cool with you and just battles you whenever you want or even helps you post-game.

IT'S YO BOI GUZMA.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Perfect eh? Well In order to be somewhat enjoyable I would definitely want a dex with old and new mons and not just new mons. I'm not asking for a ginormous XY-ish kind, but at least have some variety lol. I would also like decent plot too cause why not?

And decent characters. Please, give us somewhat good humans. Most of the mons were great so far, but the humans... have something to be desired for. esp that female protag urgh i want to throw a brick at that stupid gaping mouth asdf

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    --- Well , I would like better designed Human character !
    All the Human character (mainly Girls) are not as attractive as ORAS or BW game character.

--- Alola starter has a Mega Evolution that suppress the main legendary pokemon and can destroy the world if it is properly controlled.
    So , The Island trial are held to decide The strongest trainer to gain this evolution.

---A Pokemon based on Thor.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I dont want any more world or greater level threats, at least not for this generation, I'm a bit sick of it. I just wanna fight a group of thugs, and that's what Team Skull seems to be! It would be cool if after kicking their behinds Guzma and the gang gets all cool with you and just battles you whenever you want or even helps you post-game.

IT'S YO BOI GUZMA.
    kinda my point, pokemon should not be about such things. its not digimon or dbz and the continuous focus on bigger threats just leaves less room for actual story development unless they managed to get Akira Toriyama on their writing staff, which obviously did not happen.
    Gen III deal with Global Destruction with Pokemon that would destroy the world simply by existing.
    Gen IV deal with possible Universal destruction
    Gen V deal with separate world for Human and Pokemon
    Gen VI deal with Possible Global Genocide that will wipe out many Human (except Team Flare) and all the Pokemon.
    like i said, arceus was meant to set the bar. a misguided cult which was gonna fail even if it managed to take over unova. and the lysarde was just gonna self destruct & take out a good bit of kalos with him are no where near as being as much of a threat as the time-space trio

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    gonna be honest, i think Pokemon pushed the boundaries of insanity in plot when Cyrus was introduced, and just kept going w/Plasma and then Flare.

some normalcy is definitely appreciated with Skull, here.
    it's to early to assume any normalcy out of them as we still know not their goals. we all ready had a Mofia, Eco Terrorists, a Wannabe God , PETA & the Famous Genocidal Maniacs.
    who knows what team skulls goals are, but i'm guessing piracy.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    they look comparatively normal to literally any other evil team prior. of course we don't know what their motives are, but that's why im speculating that they're more or less going to be on the "less insane" side of evil planning, because we've already had past evil teams that have tried to destroy the world/universe/humanity, etc and something different would be appreciated, is my point.
    and my point is it's to soon to jump to any conclusions, especially based on appearance. "never judge a book by it's cover", but i do agree that a change of passe is needed.
    onto something else, as someone on a different forum said quite a while ago(when comparing pokemon to yokai watch) one of the things yoaki watch did better was having an abundance of side quests and freedom to move around. having never played yokai watch myself i can't really say much on that game's game play, but i do agree that pokemon needs more freedom of movement and side quests.
    as seen with the Pyukumuku toss gameplay vid, we might be getting this.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well, we'll see how the plot turns out. The people may be normal but their intentions may not be.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    -Johto Starter Alolan Forms. Because why give them Megas when you can do its own thing that could be better?
    -A post-game region that's Kalos, but not. I was excited about the Pokemon Plus/Minus rumors because it would be going to Southeast Asia, so having a Kalos colony based on Vietnam would be a cool feature to have. It's Kalos , but not like a total overhaul, either.
    -Johto, and Sinnoh Alola forms. I really want to see them look different based on the climate, especially Stantler, Abomasnow, and Mamoswine lines. Why Mamoswine? Spam, and a fire type.
    -A realistic battle system that literally takes climate and time conditions into effect. Have fire types like Charmander weaken in the rain, and other moves affected by the weather and time of day. Make it actually strategic.
    -Eclipse and lunar/solar cycle evolution. Also, real-time seasons and such.
    -Seeing Pokemon follow you.
    -Connectivity to Pokemon Go. Or just a connection to the Bank.
    -More freedom and moral grey areas in the games. Actually be able to choose either path and do it. Or go your own way. I've always hated the fact that I'd have to be forced to agree with people or to do anything they say. Why can't I just steal the badges and then level however I want? Or pay for them? I just mean in general. My favorite games by far in the recent three generations have to be Platinum and Black 2. Partially for being able to just use the walking through walls glitch and actually EXPLORE the Sinnoh region. What an odd concept you know? Being able to actually freely go through the region?

-Bring back the E-Card system. They should've done this in ORAS so we could scan the QR Codes in order to do different stuff like battles, exclusive items? I know Japan had this, but it's lame we didn't get it at all. Why not even have some event Pokemon done this way instead of a code on a card? While it's obviously a gimmick, it would make things more interesting.

Back