• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would make Sun and Moon "perfect" for you?

kij

the kij
Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    - Team Skull must have a good plan not just rule the world, remake it etc,
    Spoiler:

- Non-Legendary Primals, maybe a Primal Kabutops would be kinda ideal.
    - More Megas, especially Gen 6 Megas, we only had Mega Diancie and really not a lot of people have gotten a Diancie. (before you say there aren't any Megas, there was a teaser in which the player was riding a Mega Sharpedo.)
    - Possibly travel to other regions because this is the 20th Anniversary Pokémon game so why not?
    - Unova's PWT/Hoenn's Battle Frontier.

This is my wishlist for Sun and Moon, the games would be PERFECT if they added these.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    - Team Skull must have a good plan not just rule the world, remake it etc,
    Spoiler:

- Non-Legendary Primals, maybe a Primal Kabutops would be kinda ideal.
    - More Megas, especially Gen 6 Megas, we only had Mega Diancie and really not a lot of people have gotten a Diancie. (before you say there aren't any Megas, there was a teaser in which the player was riding a Mega Sharpedo.)
    - Possibly travel to other regions because this is the 20th Anniversary Pokémon game so why not?
    - Unova's PWT/Hoenn's Battle Frontier.

This is my wishlist for Sun and Moon, the games would be PERFECT if they added these.

It does look like a mega sharpedo, but based on the other pokemon we've seen it could be a harness of sorts.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Big story,long game,post game and past references.
    Just tons of content. We know 3rd games may not happen anymore heck we know we may not get another alola game. Nothing came for XY. so they should not skip stuff but stuff everything in S&M. I mean if you have another story idea do S&M 2 but don't lack content just for a 3rd version.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    like i said, arceus was meant to set the bar. a misguided cult which was gonna fail even if it managed to take over unova. and the lysarde was just gonna self destruct & take out a good bit of kalos with him are no where near as being as much of a threat as the time-space trio

Except , We haven't Arceus's True primal form.
    The Creation trio are far more ancient then Weather trio So they must have primal form.
    Plus , The Pokedex mention Arceus having 1000 arms.
    Chances are , Primal Arceus and Creation trio would be multiversal.

Off course , The game could create a Counterpart of Arceus that Destroys everything.
    It would be even more epic if this pokemon has his own version of "Destroyer Trio".

they look comparatively normal to literally any other evil team prior. of course we don't know what their motives are, but that's why im speculating that they're more or less going to be on the "less insane" side of evil planning, because we've already had past evil teams that have tried to destroy the world/universe/humanity, etc and something different would be appreciated, is my point.

What if Team Skull goal is to fuse all Multiverse into One Universe in order rule over them?
    That way , They would beat Team Galaxy at Insanity.

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Except , We haven't Arceus's True primal form.
    The Creation trio are far more ancient then Weather trio So they must have primal form.
    Plus , The Pokedex mention Arceus having 1000 arms.
    Chances are , Primal Arceus and Creation trio would be multiversal.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I... completely forgot the E-Card system was even a thing. u__u They were pretty fun when I had them but i think at some point they faded pretty quickly into obscurity and were never heard from, again.

I really thought they were a cool idea, but way too ahead of its time. I thought it would be like Digimon Tamers where we could scan cards and give them card-game TMs or card-exclusive moves. When it didn't turn out to be like that, I really didn't use it that much. I was honestly stoked by the idea itself and it being shelved was lame. Then again, I had hype for a TV Tuner accessory as well which I got for the GBA from Liksang. An old HK import gaming site. Worked , but really weird.

Today? They could easily just have the system being done by QR code, no bulky accessory required. What I believe should be done is to have a new 3DS TCG game where you can scan your entire deck into it by QR, in order to make it more worthwhile to be used. That and for other games like in the past, like perhaps being able to download content with them , but you get to keep it on the 3DS. I think the Z-Moves would be cooler if they were connected to the card game myself.

I believe it would extend the game for people with battles and whatever else. Like not just for Pokemon events, but also for battle events, where you get to fight Ash and defeat him into infinity, or other trainers from the past.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Big story,long game,post game and past references.
    Just tons of content. We know 3rd games may not happen anymore heck we know we may not get another alola game. Nothing came for XY. so they should not skip stuff but stuff everything in S&M. I mean if you have another story idea do S&M 2 but don't lack content just for a 3rd version.
    You reminded me that if our references to past generations came in the form of game features, it would at least somewhat make up for the gen 1-only Alola forms in my eyes. Major things such as a radio system and Pokémon following you from gen 2, contests from gen 3, an underground system and bases from gen 4, and the PWT/Pokéstar Studios from gen 5 for instance... Even smaller things, too, such as day/night music variations (gen 4), the percussion only playing while the player is moving, and making the PSS interface customizable like the C-Gear (gen 5)... Those kinds of references can go a long way while also adding to the content of the game.

Something else to consider is, aside from the games' chance at getting a third version (I'd hope that, if Kalos didn't get a third version when it really needed one, they wouldn't make a third version to overshadow the 20th anniversary titles of all things), is that depending on the nature of the NX, we don't know if this generation is going to be "short" or "long," so depending on that, we'll want lots of content to make the games last as long as possible (the wait between ORAS and SM has been particularly dreary due to the lack of things to do once the game is over in ORAS, for instance).

This isn't Yugioh.

It is now.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • I'd really like to see them expand on the character customization in x and y. Hopefully they will add a few more options for the male characters this time around too. I always felt like we had a very limited assortment of stuff to choose from.

Other than that I am just excited to have a new, fresh generation that strays from the normal formula. I only wish it was out sooner!

BurningChrome

Alain Kalos League Champion 2016
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2016
    A good story for sure, Black and White's Story-line was great give us something similar.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • 1. Pokemon Contests (for anime purposes it NEEDS to be back... i dislike XY's Performer competition)
    2. A good post game, and make it long, more STORY than just hunt down some legendaries like in ORAS
    3. Kahunas better have more than just freakin 3/4 Pokemon on their team (sadly looks like the trailer reveals Hala only has 3 but it could be in the early part of the game)
    4. Is Royal Battle only applicable to the stadium thingy? Think about: What if we players fought other returning characters like Zinnia, N and Colress in Royal Battle format due to some plot or whatever, that would be SO AWESOMEEE, and it should never restricted in the arena, this could even take place in an island or something

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    1. Pokemon Contests (for anime purposes it NEEDS to be back... i dislike XY's Performer competition)
    2. A good post game, and make it long, more STORY than just hunt down some legendaries like in ORAS
    3. Kahunas better have more than just freakin 3/4 Pokemon on their team (sadly looks like the trailer reveals Hala only has 3 but it could be in the early part of the game)
    4. Is Royal Battle only applicable to the stadium thingy? Think about: What if we players fought other returning characters like Zinnia, N and Colress in Royal Battle format due to some plot or whatever, that would be SO AWESOMEEE, and it should never restricted in the arena, this could even take place in an island or something
    Battle royale is likely online only.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • It's abit of letdown if Battle Royale is not available offline, and most likely will only be an online thingy, but imagine the posssibilities to battle against 3 characters at the same time ^^

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Something else that I completely forgot about is multiple save files. I cant' remember if this is something that GF have already commented on, but I would love to see S/M have the option to have three separate files for one game. Something like this would really help with challenges, it sucks having to overwrite an existing game if you want to run a Nuzlocke or some other challenge.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Something else that I completely forgot about is multiple save files. I cant' remember if this is something that GF have already commented on, but I would love to see S/M have the option to have three separate files for one game. Something like this would really help with challenges, it sucks having to overwrite an existing game if you want to run a Nuzlocke or some other challenge.
    i think they stopped doing that after Colosseum & XD as its how a lot of people started making doubles of items via copying saves to another memory card. they don't seem to mind clones of pokemon that much, but they greatly enjoy thrashing any chance of someone hoarding items & moving them up the gens

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    -A noteworthy level of difficulty.
    Mainly to make up for X/Y being to pitifully easy. I would rather have Gym Leaders or Trial Captains that could actually be formidable this time around.

-The return of Mega Evolution
    To be fairly honest, there are still some Pokémon that deserve a well-overdue buff to distinguish themselves from others a whole lot better, like the Johto Starters, Rhyperior, Flygon, and Butterfree, just to name a few.

Plus, even I do believe that some Megas need to be nerfed in some way, like Gengar, Rayquaza, Kangaskhan, and Lucario.

-Some new cross-gen evolutions.
    It would not seem fair to only give them to Eevee, even though I adore Sylveon.

The best candidates for alternative evolutions, in my opinion, would be Remoraid, Dragonair, Haunter, and Surskit.

-A jerk being our rival.
    Unless debunked or changed in the end result, I am not convinced that Hau is our primary rival, because the ultimate rivals normally wouldn't choose a Starter Pokémon that is weak to yours.

While too late for it, I would have loved someone like Lillie to be such a rival, mainly because we're well overdue for another jerky rival type, and to be honest, some of us are kind of fed up with rivals being way too nice these days.

It would be a nice nod to both Gary/Blue and Silver, who are well reputable and highly respected with veteran players for obvious reasons.

-Some new attacks worth using.
    Each generation introduces a really cool attack, like Scald, Oblivion Wing, and especially Dragon Ascent.

I would really enjoy some cool new additions, like a Fire Type solar attack learnable by many Grass Types to prevail against the Steel Type a whole lot better.

-New Type combinations
    While already confirmed with the case of Salandit, Drampa, Cutiefly, Mimikyu, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Sandslash, and Alolan Ninetales, I am very certain that there's more to come. I would love to see even more new combinations, like Fire/Fairy, Fire/Poison, Electric/Fighting, Dragon/Fighting, Bug/Dark, and Ice/Poison.

-Some admirable new mechanics.
    Hyper Training, Z-Moves, and riding on even more overworld Pokémon have this angle already covered, but I would definitely enjoy myself a lot more mini games.

Ray-qua-za

Greenies are better
    Years
  • What I personally want:
    4. Character customization
    5. Pokemon customization
    6. Multiplayer would be a really cool feature with server and you can make yout own
    7. Still be able to catch old legendarys (like heartgold)

This would 100% make the game perfect for me

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    -A jerk being our rival.
    Unless debunked or changed in the end result, I am not convinced that Hau is our primary rival, because the ultimate rivals normally wouldn't choose a Starter Pokémon that is weak to yours.

While too late for it, I would have loved someone like Lillie to be such a rival, mainly because we're well overdue for another jerky rival type, and to be honest, some of us are kind of fed up with rivals being way too nice these days.

It would be a nice nod to both Gary/Blue and Silver, who are well reputable and highly respected with veteran players for obvious reasons.

indeed, these are not real rivals.
    if their gonna make them so happy go lucky, they gotta make them a bit psychopathic

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Personally, I'm hoping for less crazy. We've gotten plenty of it in past generations, and now I'm hoping that Game Freak dials it down a touch. :P

This game celebrate 20th year anniversary of Pokemon So the villainous plot has to be bigger.
    Plus , I'm sick of Gen IV having the strongest Pokemon in existence! Its time for another Gen to have pokemon more powerful then creation Trio.
    That would make this game perfect.

By the way , How powerful Giratina should be due to his control over Antimatter ?

Back