• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Would you Base a Pokemon on?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • A dolphin :x I CANNOT BELIEVE THERE ARE NO DOLPHIN POKEMON WTHHHHHHH!! Like one of the most popular sea animals and it hasn't been designed off yet.... strange. So I would make a dolphin pokemon.

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    A Peagsus Pokemon. It would be either Dragon/Flying or possibly Normal/Flying, although they probably make it the latter.

A gryphon pokemon would be awesome.

EDIT: Rapidash isn't a Pegasus. It's a unicorn. :P

Jirachel

You steal my apples, you die.
    Years
  • Hmmm, I'd really like something to be based off of the wandering albatross (Wingull does not count, it's a seagull). I think it would be pretty cool, maybe it would actually be a 'good' water/flying type competitively (not counting Gyarados, no offense, but Pelliper and Swanna just aren't all that great, even though I love their designs). It would also be cool if it could only be found in whatever regions during certain parts of the year, considering that the wandering albatross flies all around the world. It's one of my favorite birds, and I'd really like to see a nicely designed Pokemon come out of it!

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • Legendarys based off of the three beasts of revelation (Red Dragon, Beast from the sea, Beast from the land). I know that the beasts represent something evil but there designs are awesome, if you don't believe me read revelation twelve and thirteen, The Dragon (which represents Satan, but I just like it for the design not for what it represents) is red and has seven heads and ten horns could be a wicked looking Dragon/fire type, the beast from the sea also has seven heads and ten horns, but it looks like a leapord, has the feet of a bear, and the mouth of a lion, Maybe it could be a water type, and the third beast is the beast of the earth he has two horns of a lamb and the voice of a Dragon he could be a ground type. These beasts are symbols for something else but their designs are perfect for pokemon.

Sean

Years
  • A Bast style pokemon.

For people who don't know who Bast was, it was the Egyptian goddess of cats. :P

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • As someone already said, a gryphon would be really cool.

I think some more nudibranchs other than shellos and gastrodon would be cool, too. :)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Legendarys based off of the three beasts of revelation (Red Dragon, Beast from the sea, Beast from the land). I know that the beasts represent something evil but there designs are awesome, if you don't believe me read revelation twelve and thirteen, The Dragon (which represents Satan, but I just like it for the design not for what it represents) is red and has seven heads and ten horns could be a wicked looking Dragon/fire type, the beast from the sea also has seven heads and ten horns, but it looks like a leapord, has the feet of a bear, and the mouth of a lion, Maybe it could be a water type, and the third beast is the beast of the earth he has two horns of a lamb and the voice of a Dragon he could be a ground type. These beasts are symbols for something else but their designs are perfect for pokemon.
    Won't happen it is too similar to Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza.

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    I think a pokemon that's based off of a flamingo would be cool. It could be a grass/flying or grass/water type.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hi my name is tara and i would like a pokemon based on a dolphin kthnksbye.

In all seriousness, yeah, I would like a Dolphin Pokemon that isn't Kyogre (who is an Orca). For the time being other than that is mentioned on this page, I can't really think of anything else I would like a Pokemon to be based off of. Though maybe a Chimera?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • There is already one which is shymin sky form, A gryphon would be a good one is well and it can turn into a satue.
    Really? Skymin looks nothing like a Pegusus. If it is anything it is a Reindeer from what I've heard. There has not been a pegasus yet.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    I made a list with all the Pokemon people wanted and so far I have about 70 8D... About the Griffon I think the statue thing works better on the Gargoyle Pokemon I made... Rock/Dark type...

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    How about a Pokémon based on the Minotaur - possibly a Ground/Fighting-type?

Years
  • I want a human pokemon. I know jynx and the like are humanoid, but they're not human. Basically what I'm saying is I wanna catch a wild Bob. :P

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • A car Pokemon would be awesome. They could do it like in the Cars movie, and maybe have it evolve from a small hatchback to a huge SUV or something, with attacks like Hood Slam xD As well as Flash, Smokescreen, and perhaps Steamroller and Bulldoze as well (attacks which are supposed to be like something heavy running over the opponent).

They'd be Steel-types, obviously.
    Yes, I completely agree here. A tornado Pokemon would be cool, as well as a Moai head, which would make a good Gen. VI Geodude replacement. But I would most look forward to a squid Pokemon. The fact that there is an octopus and several jellyfish, but no squid, is unfortunate.

Back