• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What would you change about the post-game?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • The title is pretty self-explanatory. What elements of the post-game of Black and White, that being the events after defeating N and Ghetsis at N's Castle, would you change if you could?

Personally, the main thing I would change would be the fact that the trainers in the post-game vastly outrank you in level. I would bring the average level down to 55-60, rather than 60-65 like they are, to maintain the challenge but not too much so. That's honestly all I can think of to change, but maybe you have some other things you'd like to change? Discuss it here!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think the circular map made it seem shorter. You could practically see on the map how far you were from running out of storyline. I would make the post-game longer, and I would discard the whole Black City/White Forest idea. I'm a little bit over having to use the internet just to play my DS.

Years
  • I hate the White Forest/Black City thing. I like taking my time through the game, not rushing through to get to the end because I dont know anyone with a DS or own two myself.

I would also change how the old gen wild pokemon appear - I would much prefer them spread out throughout the entire map rather than only appearing in the water, in post story areas and in outbreaks.

The big jump in the pokemons levels in the post story areas bugs the hell out of me. Just means I have to do grinding before I can continue. It does seem as though they are a lot weaker than the level dictates how powerful they should be mind you. How on earth can a level 45 grass type beat a level 65 normal type? (Random types off the top of my head, sure you get the idea).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1. Extend the post-story line. It feels too short.
    2. Make more older Pokemon available in Unova itself (too many are Poke-transfer exclusive)
    3. Make trainers and Pokemon available in Black City and White Forest respectively available right off the bat when you arrive (if you beat the game in more than 10 days like I did, they won't be there).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree with expanding the storyline, though if anything, more areas to explore would be better. Being able to explore a new place after a period of time would be good, like for example, a month or something, somewhere new opens up. It'd help playability, or... if not that, then just areas to explore straight away, because the amount of areas that open up post-game isn't enough to keep you playing tbh, unless you wanna keep resetting.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    people may hate me but...
    keep the older gen pokemon in certain areas that are not really a part of Isshu

I LOATHED that Post Game, the 150 Isshu pokemon...vanished and were all but replaced by Gen I-IV

what...was there some MASS MIGRATION I missed?
    I'd ONLY want the Legendary pokemon Moved

Mewtwo to Challenger's Cave
    Legendary Bird/Beasts/Lake Trio roam Isshu
    Kyogre in in the Abyssal Ruins
    Rayquaza at Dragon Spiral Tower (higher up, like on a floating plat formor something)
    Groudon at Twist Mountain
    Creation Trio/Quartet are at/under the Bridges
    Celebi and Mew in White Forest

things like that

instead, all I did was beat the game, hunt down the sages, stomped Cynthia and Morimoto into the ground and restarted my game

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The trainers need to be knocked down about 10 levels. You know, something reasonable.

More reasonable distributions of new and old Pokemon.

Battle the Sages!

Black City/White Forest revamped so they don't penalize you for taking your time to play through the game.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Extend the storyline and the region. I liked the island in D/P/Pt, I wish B/W had that also, because the eastern part of the region isn't that much fun. It would be great if they had a Battle Frontier also, instead of the Battle Subway (or they can make the Battle Subway one of the frontiers).

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I liked that there were a lot of places to explore but that is about it.

I think the Black City/White Forest thing is ridiculous. I had no idea there were such weird guidelines. I took my time and when I got to Black City it was deserted. If I had no known I would have gone there right away. Now I have to go online and do all of that stupid stuff -.-

The levels were too high and it was a literal onslaught of old pokemon. I wish the old pokemon had been distributed throughout all of Unova. It would make filling my national dex more of a challenge.

cal3bcool

caleb
    Years
  • I know! It would be more fun too. I have both games, black and white, and it is just no one to talk to besides the old man that thinks inside i'm greedy!

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Personally I think the post trainers levels were fine, seeing is how I was already 55-60. Then once I'd get higher, I was grinding e4 and taking advantage of Cynthia.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Let's see, the postgame needs:
    • MORE AREAS TO EXPLORE! Please! Unova was just too short to be fun for longer than a few days. At the very least, add an island/Sevii Islands post-game so we have more to explore.
    • More quests like the sandwich serving minigame.
    • Battle Park please!
    • Make the Challenger's Cave larger and have more trainers in it.
    • More older Pokemon spread throughout the region.
    • Expand the filler towns more (e.g. make Lacunosa Town the place where you find Zekrom and Reshiram, make Anville Town the hometown of the Battle Park)
    • Change the mechanics of White Forest/Black City or replace it with something easier to use
    • More special trainers like Cynthia and Morimoto
    • Extend the storyline
    • Battle the Seven Sages and Shadow Triad

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2011
    what does that mean?
    the longer you take...the less trainers/pokemon you encounter, forcing you to connect with your friends?

My friends don't own Pokemon Black or White, so it's useless to me... They're all the type of people to only like the first two generations.

On another note, am I the only one that wasn't bothered by the level jump? I was so pleased to encounter a Team Plasma member with a Krookodile that was Lv60+ right after beating the E4. It's not that hard to defeat any of the post-game trainers on the routes, and it gives you the experience you need to level up your Pokemon to prepare them for the E4 a second time.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    The post game story should definately get an extension.

and when I found all the the sages, the story just ends, and it feels unfinished to me, unless they make a gray version or something, the story is unfinished. there are so many things they could expand on

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • The length of the game, for me pokemon games are becoming shorter and shorter, Best length pokemon game for me was New version of fire red.

I admit there are some exceptions but for me the new pokemon games (Havn't played Heatgold or soulsilver) are just too easy and remarkable fast to complete.

Pokémon Black and White 25h
    Pokémon Diamond and Pear 30h
    Pokémon Emerald 19h 40m
    Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen 22h 12m
    Pokémon Gold and Silver 24h 57m
    Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver 50h 43m
    Pokémon Platinum 34h 00m
    Pokémon Red and Blue 18h 01m
    Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire 17h 05m

Average time to complete some of the main pokemon games.

Time given is from a site called : howlongtobeat.com

Back