• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What would you change about the post-game?

o3o

Years
    I agree with what Touko said.

Finding N after finding all the Sages would be a good idea, I think. And maybe just expanding the game, because all there is to do after you've found all the Sages is do the Pokémon Musical (and once you've gotten all the props then that's over) and the Battle Subway (which gets pretty boring after a while). But maybe they didn't add finding N in the end because it'll be included in the third game?

Dani Dandelion

Perma-Skitty user
    Years
    I'd love to be able to beat up the Shadow Trio, and take on every sage in a gauntlet. Speaking of gauntlets, that family you can gather and fight against in Undella ought to be refightable even after you defeat all of them for the first time. I was a little disappointed there.

Post-game Unova was pretty big in comparison to the rest of the series if you ask me, but I've no complaints about wanting more of it. As for Black City/White Forest, once you get people in there, I'd like it if they stayed there, even if I forgot to play the game for a day or two. :/

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    I would like in Undella Town, that you have your own villa.

Remember from Platinum.:)

That would be awesome.

Years
    Black/White Post Game.

I don`t know about you guys but i felt that the post game of Black/White really let down.I enjoyed the main storyline, but post game, i was bored to be honest.Okay you can go to new towns/citys, But they have no significance (besides from the one with cynthia).Catching legendaries,Done that(not hard)Beating elite four again And older pokemon being catchable,But iv done this all before.I just really would like a post game that follows on from the main story, but not to be as long of course.So let me know what you guys taught of the post game of B/W.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    I don`t know about you guys but i felt that the post game of Black/White really let down.I enjoyed the main storyline, but post game, i was bored to be honest.Okay you can go to new towns/citys, But they have no significance (besides from the one with cynthia).Catching legendaries,Done that(not hard)Beating elite four again And older pokemon being catchable,But iv done this all before.I just really would like a post game that follows on from the main story, but not to be as long of course.So let me know what you guys taught of the post game of B/W.

After beating the main storyline, and exploring the new cities and towns. The game turned out to be pretty boring from what I expected. I expected a better post-game.

Years
    After beating the main storyline, and exploring the new cities and towns. The game turned out to be pretty boring from what I expected. I expected a better post-game.
    Yeah me too, there just was not enough to do!:/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

While I understand your conerns, stuff about the post-game pretty much fits into the thread asking what you'd change about the post-game. In the thread users state their issues with it, and then propose how to change it. :D

Merged.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    I liked most of the post game except Black City/White Forest. I got there and was like "...Am I missing something..." just to realize that I have to physically be near someone with a copy of the game in order to get anything out of it. Hopefully the third game in the generation makes a new area that is a combination of Black City/White Forest without the Entralink invite garbage. Lacunosa Town was also a waste of time. Having anything happen would make it not so useless, even just a few good items or battles.

Also, maybe they could add another mission with Looker.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Agreed there is nothing to do post game but level up your pokemon to level 100 and get new items in the Battle Subway...it reminds me of Sapphire...but at least Hoenn wasn't as liner as Unova...and was worth re-traveling the region...
    I would have added a Battle frontier
    Cynthia asking you where you got the three Sinnoh Dragon trio orbs and going to find the Shadow triad, Ghetsis and N...

Years
    I only wish there were more to do after the Elite 4, like being able to rebattle the gym leaders. Why didnt that add that! D:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I missed the rematches...you can't rebattle ANYONE but Cheren, Bel and the Elite Four/Champion, right?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I really would have loved something deeper involved in Looker and the Sages. Maybe catch Ghetsis, get some info on Looker's latest cases (except for this one, obv. ;) and maybe even get to see N again. Fight him, who knows.

And also, Lacunosa Town. That place had some potential for some sort of mini-contest sort of thing (since I'm an anti-Musical pioneer) thingy, but they just wasted it on a weird clock based even thing. REALLY NINTENDO, REALLY. :<

And of course, the eternal Vs. Seeker problem. Maybe as a post game present instead of that damned Super Rod... anything was possible. :'(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I missed the rematches...you can't rebattle ANYONE but Cheren, Bel and the Elite Four/Champion, right?

You can rebattle those in the sports dome, as well as the triple/rotational battle in Opelucid. Apparently you can with Cynthia too. And then there's the Battle Subday, too. Also if you wanna continue to discuss this, best suited for things you miss thread~

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
    I would've changed the post-game events as they were way too little for my liking. Exploring new towns and cities were cool and all, but they needed more things to do.

Years
    Maybe a ride on Skyla's Cargo Planes to other Regions? It might be a bit overwhelming to explore the entire Pokemon world in one cartridge, though. Maybe they could release other maps through Wifi if it would be too much for one cart (disadvantage to offline players, but it's better than selling something like an AR that plugs the B/W into another cart before plugging into the DS (maybe a good idea... It would be cool to have Game Extensions like that if they were cheap enough...)). It's not a completed idea and there're a ton of holes in the thought, but it would be kinda cool to complete the entire game without trading (other than Version Exclusives. White would be linked to Red, Gold, Ruby, Pearl. Black would be linked to Blue, Silver, Sapphire, and Diamond (another undeveloped idea... maybe Event Pokemon and Legendaries could be released as Roaming Pokemon around the entire PokeWorld instead of confining to one region...)) I honestly have no idea where I'm going with any of this. :P It's all WiP. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    I'd have liked other ways to introduce more characters into White Forest/Black City, especially for someone who doesn't have that many Black/White players around his area. Other than that, I'm reasonably satisfied with post-game content.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    One thing I think they could have changed is the amount of trainers. You may not agree but after going through the whole game expecting epic battles that I didn't get. They need more trainers.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    Poopnates right.But you get wonder cards in the game by doing events.Like Getting a Sinnoh passport after beating Cynthia a few times.The Regions could get the Kanto-G/S/C treetment.Also,N could be found in Johto,Ghetsis in Sinnoh(Where after you beat him,he gets arrested by Looker)and other crossovers.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    There is a lot more to do in the post-game than in the other games, which I think is really nice. Hunting for the seven sages can be daunting if you don't like running around in places you've already been, so I think that's a nice addition. One thing I would've like to see is N again. He just seems to wander off with Zekrom/Reshiram and does his own thing, never to be seen again, which is disappointing. But apart from that, I felt like there's quite the amount of stuff to do in the post-game.

sarious

Time Lord
    Years
    Personally I'd add more to black city/white forest, add a legendary to the abyssal ruins, more fights, and such...

Back