• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What would you change?

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    Lets start with the most annoying one, your mother calling you at least 60,000 times a day. I would also like to change the Pokemon Battle Frontier there, at least put new facilities instead of the same five from Pokemon Platinum.

:t354:TG

Yeah I second this. It got really annoying when she kept calling me when I was trying to do things in the game. I also agree with the under leveled pokemon in Johto. Whitney was too easy and she should have been tougher anyway.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I never really played HG/SS - I have a beated save file and I DON'T REMEMBER HAVING DONE THAT (and it was in 23 hours too) - but one thing that I'd change is the menu, the buttons, the style of them, everything. It's way too cubical and childish imo, not only the shape but the colours as well.

Spoiler:

Just all in all looks extremely childish and overdone to me, but I love the gen.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    The only thing I can think of is a better Dowser...you know the device that tells you where hidden items are. The dowser in Black is much easier to use. However SSHG has many features which B/W lacks, such as Pokewalker, Pokemon walking behind you, and the running button on the touch screen that lets you run without holding "b".

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    1. Remove the opposite gender player NPC. They do nothing but annoy you throughout the entire game, and they don't add anything to the plot. I swear, whenever Lyra calls me with some useless chatter, I feel like I wanna slash her head open with a giant knife just to get her to shut up.

2. Let me delete phone numbers. You could do that in the original GSC, so why not here?

3. Change Falkner's and Morty's lineups by giving them different pokemon rather than just stacking the same evolutionary line. Fearow, Dodrio, and Misdreavus exist for a reason.

4. I agree that Leaf should've appeared SOMEWHERE. I mean, if they can put Cynthia in some random house in Undella Town for no apparent reason, then why can't they make Leaf some sort of bonus boss?

5. The PC box system sucks. It wasn't broken in DPPt, so why "fix" it here?

6. Bring back Kris. Lyra looks like a 5 year old trying to look like Mario.

7. Your mom using your money to buy stuff. TBH, it's not as bad as in the originals (where the stuff she bought was completely useless), but it's still annoying.

8. Why do the Team Rocket admins still suck so much? Couldn't they at least give them decent teams for the final battles against them? They did it with Cyrus, so why not here?

Last edited:

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    oh god, the useless phone calls.

I HATE YOU, JOEY. I HATE YOU AND YOUR RATTATA.

)';

waiting for the safari zone items etc. - i don't know, the whole safari zone thing is kind of annoying.

no other complaints though, overall an awesome game so far!

Pingouin_7

My preferred solution would be to simply replace Red with Leaf
    Well here's a better idea: There should have been an accessible Golden Forest north of Ecruteak City, where Leaf could have been fought at the very end of the forest.

The PC system is terrible! All the needless mode switching makes it take twice as long to get anything done as in Platinum. They also removed the multiselection introduced in FRLG for no apparent reason.
    Even B/W's box isn't as good as Platinum.
    I agree 80%
    While the box system in HG/SS completely sucks, the box system in B/W seem a lot better than Platinum's.

The only thing I would have changed was in some way having the user be able to choose Leaf being in the place of Red.
    Maybe making it so you fight Leaf if you choose the girl character at the start, and Red if you picked the guy?

A touch higher levels would be good, true, although I didn't mind it much (I don't find the E4 too hard with that level gap after doing a grass and bug-only run of it. =p And at least it is not too easy)
    I think that Pokémon games are overall really easy, but they're still good.
    You only start noticing it when you compare it to other RPGs.

Yeah I second this. It got really annoying when she kept calling me when I was trying to do things in the game. I also agree with the under leveled pokemon in Johto. Whitney was too easy and she should have been tougher anyway.
    Or maybe you could just choose not to answer the phone calls.

Back