• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen what would you choose?

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    Charmander, definately charmander. charmeleon is one of the coolest pokemon of all. Plus I would want to recreate my team from red on F/R. In every game I always chose the fire pokemon, not because I like firetype, but because the happened to look the coolest. F/R will be no exception.

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    FR and Charmander. Origionaly had red and charmander. don't care about the legendary dogs, care about Deoxys FR.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    LEAF GREEN & CHARMANDER
    cATCH CATERPIE EVOLVE 2 BUTTERFREE TO BEAT BROCK
    CATCH PIKACHU TO BEAT MISTY
    CATCH GEODUDE EVOLVE TO BEAT SURGE

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
    Years
    Hm..if you get Chamander, you'll run into suicune so..
    FireRed:
    Charmander

Jacob Madrox

Go Smoke your lungs out
    Years
    well, im not sure, probly Charmander, not because I like Suicane, because I like Charmander! lol and version im picking? Leafgreen

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    FR and Charmander. Brock can go stare at Misty. Charmander is going to be a level 100 shiny Charizard 5 minutes after I get through the first rival battle. Plus Suicine seems more useful.

Linc

The Master of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2005
    FR Charmander
    Go fire types! go char!

Splashing Mew

PC's Poet Laureate
    Years
    I'm getting Leafgreen w/ Squirtle. Why? Because all my friends are getting FireRed and I don't want to follow them... And I will also be picking the female trainer instead of the male... I like the female better.

~Splash

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Let's see... I'll probably get the opposite of what my friend is getting, since we're both getting the games at the same time (and that way it makes it easier to get a full Pokedex). I'll try for LG though, cos I'm interested to see how the Deoxys form works (and it matches with Bulbasaur :-) )

As for the starter, I'm gonna get my very first Pokemon back, Bulbasaur. I'm not bothered with the Legendary Dogs, because I have all 3 anyway from Pokemon Colosseum :-p

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Mudkip84 said:
    I already have FR/LG
    (Except for it`s in Japenese And my computer goes Extermely slow)
    So....
    DUN DUN DUN..
    FIRE RED!
    Starter:Charmander!!
    Because Of Suicune

I'm getting both games. Already have them pre-ordered.

What does picking Charmander have to do with Suicune?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Each of the starters gives you a chance to get one of the three legendary dogs from Gold/Silver, later on in the game.

Bulbasaur - Entei
    Charmander - Suicune
    Squirtle - Raikou

Back