• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you do if...

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    use it to buy something for my parents or buy a new laptop... (il go with new laptop :D)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Good topic. I would move up to Chicago and pay for my living expenses, edcuation expenses, and my certain someone's education expenses, as I'm sure he wants to go to college.

I'd keep a large portion of the money saved for later in life, such as trying to get my poetry published and for my future children.

Good Lord. Where has my life gone to? I just planned my future with money I don't have.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    College funds then eventually buy me teh superest computer and a PS3 and all the super games. Then a car. Then thats it. Im 15 thats all i need!

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    Buy a moderately sized house, put some away for a rainy day...

And then buy as much crap as I possibly could. I've had my eye on a vintage popcorn machine that I've wanted for a while now. I could buy that, along with a bunch of other vintage machines, and make myself a little home theater. <3

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Put it into the bank, finish up school, use the money to go to college, finish college, get a job, build up finances, get married, have kids, be at kid's wedding, die.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I'd finish paying off my student loans and then take the amount left over from that and place a good majority of it in my savings account to gain interest, the rest I'd spend to give my family the best holiday ever!

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
    No question - first thing I'd do would be to pay off the $17,000 college loan hanging over my head. Then I'd put aside enough to pay for the rest of my college out-of-pocket.

But that still leaves me with a pretty good chunk of money, so I guess the next thing I'd do would be to buy a car, because I really need one. Not just any car... a 1969 Camaro SS, which I will paint silver-blue with white racing stripes, and then I will redo the interior to white. And then, if I have the money left over, I will rip the guts out of the car and overhaul it to make it more fuel-efficient.

Yep, I think that'll about sap the million.

Years
    Ohhhooo a Million Dollars eh. (Turns out $2M is the average amount a person gets in a lifetime in the US) First...Stow away money for College. Then pay a down payment for a house that my parents would want. Splurge "modestly" on what I want/Need. (Car, PC, etc) Save the rest for the future (I'm not being selfish. Job security in this economy is as real as a Shaymin appearing right in front of me.) So yes...I'll be more positioned to contribute to society if I get life security in order first. ^__^

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Buy gold coins. With the world economy the way it is, I'd get out of any monetary system as soon as possible. Then I'd hold onto it until I was the richest man alive.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Probably set aside some for my parents bills. Meaning pretty much all of it is spent hahaha. Well, I suppose we could buy a bigger house and when I go to uni we could use the money for paying off the debt

A million dollars aint that much anymore. Heck, my house is worth 1mil+ but it's nothing that special.

Ouch. I live in a council house o.O

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Reserve a good college sport for myself, give some off to charity, buy the family some nice things and myself some things. The rest? It goes in the bank 'till I'm 18.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2008
    I would save some for school,
    give some to charity,
    then use the rest for mindless self indulgence
    :D

Years
    Invest everything. I'm doing fine without the million, and I'm sure I'd still be fine in about ten years time, at which point I'd withdraw it all.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    Start my own independant western animation studio =D and I would name it "Candy Cartoons"... or something that's not stupid

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd buy myself a really great laptop and then give the rest of the money to my family and relations. God knows they need it more than I.

Back