• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you do if.......

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    What would you do if suddenly the gravity on planet Earth somehow was lowered, to the point where certain moving objects easily floated away from the surface, with the possibility that gravity might be raised again at any moment?

(I put this in O.C. instead of the other "other" forums, because I figure people might veer away from answering the main question a bit, but feel free to move this, mods.....)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Yeah, because this topic seems more like what one person would do which probably wouldn't generate continuous discussion, I'll put this into Other Voting Polls.

For myself, I would just like to feel what it would be like floating in the air without getting too far off the ground if gravity was heightened again at any moment. As for the other objects, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near or under the heavy items afloat knowing they could fall on my at any minute. ):

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I would just float there and wait for things to go back to normal.
    Like Hiiro said, I wouldn't go near heavy objects, I would just stay where I was.

Years
    I'd probably just take a jump to see how it feels like to walk like an astronaut in space :3
    (And of course dodging those heavy objects in case the gravity returned to normal)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Float around my house; not let the pets out... If the gravity wouldn't possibly return to normal, I'd build a 'sky ship'.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Probably just float around until things returned to normal I can't think of any way that I, personally, would take advantage of the situation. At least I would know that I wouldn't be able to accidentally drop anything, but it's that moment that things would return to normal that would keep me from doing things like dropping my DS or laptop.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I would probably just try and tie my things to something already in the ground, like trees. Then I would just hold on to something that seemed steady enough so I wouldn't float or fall depending. This is something I have always been a bit paranoid of.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I would probably stay on the safe side and choose to hover above my bed (assuming I float and my bed doesn't), but eventually I'd realize how much fun I could be having and explore the rest of the house. Probably wouldn't go outside though, I'd be too afraid of floating away. :/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Not sure what I would do ever I ever we're in a situation as such, but I'd probably most likely just sit there without worry, things don't necessarily get to me easily to be frightened and such, however I'd likely just keep in my room without a doubt.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I would probably stay on the safe side and choose to hover above my bed (assuming I float and my bed doesn't), but eventually I'd realize how much fun I could be having and explore the rest of the house. Probably wouldn't go outside though, I'd be too afraid of floating away. :/

This pretty much

I would just float around, ive always wanted to. like walk upside down and float, but if I step outside i always fear ill float away in the sky :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd get myself to a safe distance between the ground and the sky above to avoid floating away into space. Then, I'd entertain myself by bouncing off of walls and other people.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Better lock up the toilets to prevent something from happening.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    I'd be floating to school, not walking, and I'd be more of a beast in basketball :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would really miss lying down on a bed. XD;

But being scared of heights doesn't help. XD; Idk I'd try to live life normally.

Back