• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you do in this situation?

What would you do?

• "No no no, you are pretty!"

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • "Oh, don't worry."

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • "oh..."

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • "I agree...you are quite right there..."

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Imagine:
    1. a really really really ugly girl was crying.
    2. You walked to her and ask her why she was crying.
    3. She told you that she was crying because she is ugly.

What would you do?

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    Well, I would read her the lyrics of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" and tell her to cheer up, because the world doesn't revolve around looks. I would tell her to keep being a good person, well, if she was a good person. I would only do this if I was cool with that person, though, not just some stranger.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    Zappy says: "Live with it."

Then walks off without turning my head back to look at her again. xD Hehheh...I'm so cruel. But seriously, I think I'd just ignore her and walk by pretending I didn't hear her cause I don't like getting involved with other people's business.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'd tell her that no one is ugly and that looks are superficial ._.; No one has any right to tell another person that they're ugly or that they can't do anything right, etc. You shouldn't let your opinions be swayed by hurtful words like that -- everyone should be happy with who they are and anyone who says otherwise is pathetic.

If it's also about people liking you and stuff, then... being "ugly" isn't always bad. It means people will fall in love with you and like you for WHO you are and not WHAT you are. I, personally, would not want to be loved because I look cute or something stupid like that... I'd rather someone love me for me. o_o

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Ooo...I'm frequently trying to help somebody with this. And, I've told them everything that Lightning just mentioned. But...it doesn't seem to click in for them.

But, yeah. Since I just said that that is the kinda of stuff I already say...then wouldn't that mean that is what I would say?

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Lightning said:
    I'd tell her that no one is ugly and that looks are superficial ._.; No one has any right to tell another person that they're ugly or that they can't do anything right, etc. You shouldn't let your opinions be swayed by hurtful words like that -- everyone should be happy with who they are and anyone who says otherwise is pathetic.

If it's also about people liking you and stuff, then... being "ugly" isn't always bad. It means people will fall in love with you and like you for WHO you are and not WHAT you are. I, personally, would not want to be loved because I look cute or something stupid like that... I'd rather someone love me for me. o_o
    This is really nice ;) and very very true indeed.

I definately don't want to marry a person who only concerns about looks. No matter how pretty a person is, ppl'll still get bored if they see you everyday. Besides, ppl get old, and the younger ones always look nicer. If someone is to marry a person which liked his/her looks, she/he would probably get miserable days when they become old!

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    jynx said:
    Imagine:
    1. a really really really ugly girl was crying.
    2. You walked to her and ask her why she was crying.
    3. She told you that she was crying because she is ugly.

What would you do?

If all she cares about are looks...

Well, if she really was butt-ugly...I'd tell her to get a rockin body so she could show THAT off all the time...

I would never EVER tell any ugly person that it is inner beauty that counts, cause your basically telling them that inner beauty is all they got. If an ugly girl was crying cause she was ugly, well, thats the face God gave her.

*gets slapped by femenists*

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    This is mean! I don't remember EVER seeing anyone that I considred ugly, mostly because I care more about the PERSON than their looks. Their looks are only superficial, and it only matters what they are like and how they treat other people.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Dakota said:

Well, if she really was butt-ugly...I'd tell her to get a rockin body so she could show THAT off all the time...

I would never EVER tell any ugly person that it is inner beauty that counts, cause your basically telling them that inner beauty is all they got. If an ugly girl was crying cause she was ugly, well, thats the face God gave her.

Physical beauty is often in the eye of the beholder. You tell me someone looks hot...and I'll most likely say they look like a twig.

Inner beauty is all anyone actually has... You're physically attractive to different people. But, your inner beauty should shine through no matter what.

ReploidZero798

Fear me..fear the shadows
    Years
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    Physical beauty is often in the eye of the beholder. You tell me someone looks hot...and I'll most likely say they look like a twig.

Inner beauty is all anyone actually has... You're physically attractive to different people. But, your inner beauty should shine through no matter what.
    *Hands this poster and Emmy or something*
    Exactly....what he said.....exactly what he said.....XD

rabbitsdying2

I come in peace
    Years
    Id say, "Who cares? So am I. Let's go share a molten chocolate cake." I'd take her hand, and we'd skip off into the sunset with visions of hot fudge chocolate in our minds....

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I'd tell her physical looks didn't matter and she was pretty inside, that's what counts, and then I might play her TLC's un-pretty... actually maybe not that, I might play her one of Delta's songs...

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    It all depends,if i knew the girl i would make the effort to cheer her up,but if i didn't,im not sure what i would do,i would feel bad,but probably walk by.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Dakota said:

The avatar aptly matches the commentary.

I'll just give one of my all-time favourite quotes by a very wise man, and leave the conversation:

Winston Churchill said:
    Woman on Street: Sir, you are drunk; very, very drunk.
    Winston Churchill: Madame, you are ugly; very, very ugly.
    I shall be sober in the morning.

I'm just being facetious, mind you -- regarding Dakota; Churchill's words are still quite nice.

Perhaps, this is one situation to "give every man thy ear but few thy voice"?

Last edited:
    Back