• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you do in this situation?

firefoxkatan

Pokemon Knitter
Years
  • I wasn't sure where else to post so I apologize in advance if this is not where it should be.

I was playing Pokemon with my boyfriend at the time and I was so happy to find out he played too. So when we hung out, we'd play together. He was farther along than I, so he had a whole bunch more pokemon than I did and was more than happy to trade some with me. I remembered that I had some rare pokemon on my old games I had been meaning to transfer over to my newer games I was actually playing, but didn't know anyone else with a DS to do so with. So the idea popped in me head to transfer all of them to his DS then back to mine.

I had finally finished transferring about 50 pokemon from my old games to his when we broke up. It just wasn't working out in the other aspects of the relationship. He asked me what he should do with all of the pokemon he'd got from me? In anger I told him to keep them and that I didn't care.

Sure, at the time I didn't. I just wanted to get my stuff and go. Well now, about a year later when I started playing again, I started to regret my decision to leave them with him. I had hundareds of hours in collecting them all from my first Red game to Perl. I had a Mew in the mess as well. I couldn't just start over x_X

So I got a hold of him yesterday and we talked about trading them back. He is more than happy to help me out and I just was wondering, if this had happened to you, what would you have done? Could you just collect them all again just to not see their face or have to talk to them again? Or would you try to get them back like I did?

Last edited:

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • Well seeing as I never went to get back from a girl I broke up with a good few years ago: my favourite sports top (that is also very rare) and my a first edition of my all time favourite book that I was hoping to go and get signed by the author. I have to say I doubt I would have gone back to see her in order to get some of my pokemon. But I suppose that one ended really badly and seeing as I'm still friends with my other ex then in that situation I probably would have gone back to get anything I felt like retrieving. So I suppose it depends on how it ends, if its just because it's not working out then yeah I probably would but if it is a more serious situation then maybe not.

Long story sort: it depends.

Xeto

Pokemon Pro
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2011
    Not a girl,but I would ask him/her to give it back because its the owners (mine).

firefoxkatan

Pokemon Knitter
    Years
  • LOL I guess my question is: are Pokemon really worth dealing with potential stress and the re-ignition of past anger and fights?

For me I guess it was XD is that sad I guess? LOL

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It would depend on how long since the breakup and whether we were on amicable terms or if we still hated each other. Also on the rarity of the Pokemon and how much effort was put into training them. If they were just randomly caught Pokemon that are fairly common, I probably wouldn't bother as Pokeballs are cheap. If there were some rare ones or ones I put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into raising, I might consider asking my ex to trade them back, depending on how (she, in my case) handled the breakup. If we're cool with each other, I'd probably do it, but if meeting with her would likely get the police involved, then it's just not worth it to me.

Years
  • When I was 6 or 7, me and my friends used to keep all the 'awesome' Missingno'd level 100 Pokemon such as Ember/Flamethrower/Fire Blast/ Slash (never liked Fire Spin back then for some reason, now I view it as maybe even the best Fire move in generation 1 just because it's so much fun to abuse) Charizards by catching 20 Rattatas/Pidgeys/etc and trading them.
    And then we beat the game again, now with the help of disobeying level 100 Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Mount a covert night operation to sieze possession of the game cartridge.

Then put it back after giving all their Pokémon funny names.

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
    Years
  • to be honest if it were something like a phone or a computer etc i would ask 4 it back. tho since they r pokemon..... serious me:its just game! get over it! a bunch of fictional things arent worth argueing 4! jolly me: go back there and get em! theirs a mew in there! get them back! u spent so much time getting them now go get em. i thought tho it would b really bad if he/she (sorry) had traded with another girlfriend or something or he released them that would really suck!

firefoxkatan

Pokemon Knitter
    Years
  • i thought tho it would b really bad if he/she (sorry) had traded with another girlfriend or something or he released them that would really suck!

Frankly that is what I was originally afraid of; that'd he'd released them (he doesn't have many friends that play other than me so I doubt he traded them to someone unless it was the GLS x_X).

But when we talked, he said he had about 50 and the number sounded right so I think he just left them alone ._.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • The guy had a girlfriend who played Pokemon with him. And yet he did not do everything possible to keep her. What an idiot, I would kill for that.
    Anyway, I would definitely do everything I could to get my Pokemon back. Not just in that situation, in any situation.

Back