• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you do when you were given Godly powers?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    This was actually inspired by a conversation I had with someone here, so part of the credit of this idea goes to him, haha. He knows who he is.

If you were given Godly powers, in whatever way, what would you do? How would your reaction in the first place be, when you'd find out that you got them, and how would you proceed to use them (or would you use them at all)?

Also, would you tell other people about it, or would you keep it a secret?

Dr. McNinja

Sir Harold of England
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2011
    Make Half Life Episode Two Part Three be made.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • To be honest I would reshape the world into a utopia of my own design, but that would be boring. I would give some of my friends a little bit of the same power and have some fun like exploring space, creating galaxies with the snap of a finger, etc etc. And after all that fun is done, I would form a council(by using my powers to pick people who wouldn't abuse my new powers that I will divide up and distribute to them) to choose options that would make the universe a better place.

I guess my first reaction would be a crazy evil laugh for obtaining something that humans shouldn't ever have. And I would rather find out I have them sooner than later.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I wouldn't tell anyone about them.

And I'd make the world a better place, and prevent 2012 the world from ending (if possible).

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
  • ...Good question. I guess I'd like to say I'd do something heroic, but I probably wouldn't. I think I'd make a few choice fantasy creatures real. Bring a couple of stories to life.

I don't think I'd tell anyone. Maybe one or two people. That I reeeeeeeeally trust. Wouldn't want to be hunted down for said powers, now would I?

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I'd create a few enemies, give them powers that were almost equal to mine, and give them the desire to destroy me. I would then endlessly delight in fighting them, and winning (or even losing, cuz that would be fun).I would give my friends some powers too, and we'd fight a huge fight with my new enemies. Then, I'd fake my own death, and divide myself into several beings that each had equal amounts of my power. I'd then erase all of my memories, and go on awesome adventures at the cost of the world.

Now I want god powers.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • This was actually inspired by a conversation I had with someone here, so part of the credit of this idea goes to him, haha. He knows who he is.

If you were given Godly powers, in whatever way, what would you do? How would your reaction in the first place be, when you'd find out that you got them, and how would you proceed to use them (or would you use them at all)?

I would enjoy getting my God-powers by way of God wanting to go on vacation and lending me his powers to manage things while he's away.

My first reaction would be a quick test to see if I'm not dreaming: Snap my fingers and make a bowl of ice cream appear, then wait an hour and see if I can do it again. Then I'd cheer to myself, "WOO! I AM A WIZARD!"

How I'd use them

1. Control my physical self to an endless extent; unlimited strength, eternal life (obviously youth as well unless I feel like looking different), etc.
    2. Give myself the power of language, flawlessly knowing every word of every language in the known world in both speaking and writing.
    3. I would go around making the world a generally safer place without killing people. With #2, I wouldn't be restricted to English-speaking regions.
    4. Then, kind of as pay to myself for my work in making the world a safer place, I'd use some of that power for my own entertainment (and possibly others' if I can trust them). Game-dedicated mansion! (Formerly known as Bill Gates' house.)
    I would likely keep it a secret. If someone found out and tried using me, I'd either make them forget my existence entirely or something, or simply go traveling to new places.

Though, with how I explained my obtaining said powers, there would be drawbacks.

1. Prayers to grant or deny. (See Bruce Almighty if you haven't.)
    2. People that I trust somehow find out and try to abuse that trust.
    3. Government finds out. (But, hey, I can just snap my fingers and they'd forget everything about it or drop dead... or both. >=D)
    4. I decide to abuse the power. (This I can take care of with limiting myself upon having malicious intent beforehand.)
    Also, I may create another universe that houses devilish enemies to do combat with whenever I please.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • This was actually inspired by a conversation I had with someone here, so part of the credit of this idea goes to him, haha. He knows who he is.

My procedures as a god:

One: (upon realizing my powers) cackle madly, snap my fingers and fufill all my most selfish desires.

Two: promptly eradicate countries, corporations, governments, any hierarchy besides myself.

Three: make everything self-healing and immortal, bring Pokemon to reality and give them invincibilty.

Four: rain weapons, tools, whatever, from the sky.

Five: let everyone do what they want.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd be a terrible god, omg. If I didn't like you, you'd have a horrific 'accident' and I'd most likely be the cause of it. After all, nothing goes on without my knowledge and nothing happens without me knowing about it. I'd also be horrible biased and would end up being like Hera or Aphrodite, lol.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Alternative should agree with this xD
    If I got godly powers I'd play soccer, I'd give people godly powers too so that they could play soccer with me xD

HECK YEA :

Spoiler:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'd create a few enemies, give them powers that were almost equal to mine, and give them the desire to destroy me. I would then endlessly delight in fighting them, and winning (or even losing, cuz that would be fun).I would give my friends some powers too, and we'd fight a huge fight with my new enemies. Then, I'd fake my own death, and divide myself into several beings that each had equal amounts of my power. I'd then erase all of my memories, and go on awesome adventures at the cost of the world.

Now I want god powers.
    You sound like you could be Deus Ex Machina from the manga Future Diary LOL. But anyway, I'd be way to scared to do this.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think I'd probably like to do something like create life, a different sort of species. Or even reshape humans. Bleh, because I'm such a dork I'd try and make some real creatures with powers that resemble Pokémon. :x

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If I had godly powers, then I'd keep them a secret. While doing that, I'd use them to make Pokemon real and stop natural disasters before they hit.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd do one of those evil madman laughs. Then I'd do what comes naturally... put Leaf back into a Pokemon game as a playable character and make her the main character of the Pokemon anime, and get all the seasons of Pretty Cure licensed and broadcast on TV over in the US. Along with a bunch of other anime series that never got a chance overseas. I could effectively replace reality TV with anime :P

Then I'd give myself an infinite stream of money, instantly cure my bum knees, allergies, and skin disorder, before setting out to strike down my foes with lightning. I'd also make gasoline cheap again so we can stop building cheap economy cars and go back to the huge luxury cars I remember fondly from my past. With these deeds, though, I doubt my powers would remain secret for long xD

I might do things that benefit all of mankind and not just myself, if the mood happens to strike. But I'm greedy and I'm gonna satisfy my own desires as a first priority.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I wouldn't tell anyone. I'd use my powers to create a huge global corporation, sit myself on the throne of being a wonderfully corrupt CEO who dips too much into the business' budget, delegate all the dirty work to some sorry guy and sit on my rump and draw/UTAU/PC/twitter all freaking day.

And study various languages to kill time and still have at least something to put effort towards. But once I got frustrated I'd probably just make myself learn it with my godly power.

And occasionally go to what I would make a fantastic day at work, if I ever got bored.

That sounds like a pretty nice life to me hahahaha. I'd read hater tabloids at breakfast and laugh at their ridiculous butthurt every morning.

"U jelly?"

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Just makes me think of Bruce Almighty. I wouldn't tell anyone; I'd like to think use my powers sparingly, just to bring a small bit of good fortune to brighten some people's days, and small punishments to those that deserve it. But if I really did get such a power, I'd eventually feel a need to start using it for grander things... not worth thinking deeply about it though.

Back