• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you like to see?

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
  • There'd be a huge member uproar about posts lost if we disabled postcount in a bunch of forums at once, especially those ones. :x
    They've dealt with uproars before and everyone is always complaining about how spammy PC is >>
    Also, Greg...we get database errors every 15 minutes or something. You must just be getting on at really quiet times. XD;
    The funny thing is that the database errored out right as I was posting that. :P

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I don't think DCC is too much of a problem. Only the newbie forum and clubs have the problem. Half of all posts in New Posts come from either of those forums.

Another thing I'd like to see is the Our Member Sites category turned into a forum under Official Forums. It is an official forum isn't it? I think it'd go there very suitably. The index is long enough as it is and we don't need 3 inactive forums to take up more room.

Last edited:

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • Methinks it wouldn't be bad if we just archived the current DCC forum and disabled count in a new one, but that's just me.
    And as I said before, that won't work. Because look at the Pokemon games forum. Threads like The One Above took a big big hit in posts then post counts were killed in that forum (sure FunTime should have had the post count turned off, but that's an example). The DCC isn't hurting anything, it's not spammy like FunTime, it's not a total "I'm changing the topic everytime a new post comes in" and stuff like that. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

aRedMoon

Years
  • Meh. There'll always be people for disabling post count, and those against. It'll be a debate until PC finally blows up for good :P

Mmhmm, /me wonders how much of a strain a MySpace hack would be.

Would be cool if people could like force their favorite style on their profile...

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Meh. There'll always be people for disabling post count, and those against. It'll be a debate until PC finally blows up for good :P

Mmhmm, /me wonders how much of a strain a MySpace hack would be.

Would be cool if people could like force their favorite style on their profile...

Well, it looks like we're going to be changing servers next month although to me it seems like a better idea to change before the DP release when we aren't killed by traffic, so you could probably bring it up again around then. I'd support it, most likely. XD

While I'm here, anyone interesting in a Staff Feedback thread? It could be used for given your opinion on the staff (whether positive or negative) as long as you aren't using it to attack a mod in particular. Some of you should remember it from like two years ago, although it was shut down because too many arguments broke out.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well, it looks like we're going to be changing servers next month although to me it seems like a better idea to change before the DP release when we aren't killed by traffic, so you could probably bring it up again around then. I'd support it, most likely. XD

While I'm here, anyone interesting in a Staff Feedback thread? It could be used for given your opinion on the staff (whether positive or negative) as long as you aren't using it to attack a mod in particular. Some of you should remember it from like two years ago, although it was shut down because too many arguments broke out.
    That sounds like a good idea as long as someone can keep an eye on it so that doesnt happen again. And this time you could delete posts that attack specific members of staff. And hand out warnings like candy if people get too hotheaded...

Years
  • I really like the idea of having other coloured username, Can we have it green, but all the higher rank than us people also get [glow] for their username... That way, we will still be able to distinguish who has a good rank.
    Also, i'd like to be able to also add a picture into my message thing Under my Username.. Can we also get it? It we are too underprivillaged

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

Years
  • What's a user bar? Judging from the way you used it, I'm guessing you mean your username. Why would you need an image in your user title?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I really like the idea of having other coloured username, Can we have it green, but all the higher rank than us people also get [glow] for their username... That way, we will still be able to distinguish who has a good rank.
    Also, i'd like to be able to also add a picture into my message thing Under my Username.. Can we also get it? It we are too underprivillaged

Won't happen. Coloured usernames are for the staff, and special rank holders (like Community Supporters) only.

Also, even if we would want to give you the ability to add images to your usertitles, it won't work, simply because vB doesn't allow it.
    Currently, every user that has such a title has it set by an Admin, as it's only possible via the ACP.
    It would really stress the heck out of the Admins if every user would want one, change theirs, or just set it back to what it was because they edited theirs. (Yes, if you would edit your usertitle, everything would be gone again.)
    So that isn't probably going to happen either.

Years
  • That would be impossible.

You'd have to find a good color that isn't taken (there isn't a lot between the staff and what would look good on themes), and then you'd have to get a vote... and it'd be impossible to get a majority. Not many members go in Announcements or in CQ&F; very few people would vote at all. Then if we change it, a lot of people would be angered, and we don't want to go there.

And if you think you're underprivileged, go look on other forums. Some don't even have custom avatars, or your avatar is very small. They might have smaller signature limits. We're very generous with everything. There might be forums that give you more, but there are forums that give members less.

Besides, the staff deserve something every once in awhile, don't you think? We don't get paid for our jobs, and some days I hate being a s-mod. I think I should get a little something for putting up with all the crap here. Think about the other staffers that have more stress -- do you think they should go unrewarded?
    But that's my opinion. You might think it's a little too much, but I think it's reasonable.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

Years
  • You do realize how many colours people would want right? Just stick to the default colour for each skin.

EDIT: Just a thought - If we deleted the Newbies forums, some peoples post counts would go down by thousands I bet.

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Years
  • Stay away from Staff Feedback Threads... they're just a waste of time & space.

(And the first one was a joke that really should have never happened xD)

/me tries to remember the joke behind it...

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • Personally I think Games Dev could use a new Moderator, Avatar does a great job but he could use someone to back him up I think. Dawson was demodded to my knowledge, I won't ask why but.. Yeah.

I would also like to see reputation make a comeback, but it should have to be approved before it is added. Or only have Positive rep, some forums have that.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Staff feedback will invariably promote needless criticism. If desired to comment on the system of staff, simply post in CW&F forum. If desired to comment on the staff, private messaging works wonders. Unless you can moderate the thread to some extent regarding the the level of drama going on. I think.

Reputation was removed from PC, from what I remember. I like the idea of an approval before accepting a rep, but then we'd only accept positive rep. If people are fine with that, then, well, *shrug*.

Colored/glowed/cool usernames obviously won't work since PC has already established a ranking system dependent on the colored names.

And..that's all I have. ^^

T3hCoM

Lunatic Moon Rabbit
    Years
  • Even if the Rep Point system comes back for only giving positive rep, it wouldn't stop the abuse.

Because as I recall, another reason that rep points were disabled was because people were giving good rep to others just because they were friends, hence the reason almost every active member practically had full or almost full rep meters.

So basically, I don't think bringing back the Rep Point system would be a good idea. These are my two cents on the subject.

Back