• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you love to see in the future for the pokemon anime ? :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    A Halloween Special episode where Ash & Co dress up and goes to Trick or treat .
    Serena dress as a Witch and Pikachu dress as a Charizard .

Spoiler:

At least that way Ash and Co will look like real children.

Lol if they brought her in the BW series rather than Iris. It would be more interesting and atleast a better story for the show

There is nothing wrong with Iris (except her free Dragonite , Catchphrase and writer using Ash as punching bag to show off her skill)
    Truth is , I wanted Iris to be Ash's girlfriend one time.
    Truth is , BW Series would have become a Better Series if Ash wasn't treated like a crap.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    A Halloween Special episode where Ash & Co dress up and goes to Trick or treat .

Spoiler:

There is nothing wrong with Iris (except her free Dragonite , Catchphrase and writer using Ash as punching bag to show off her skill)
    Truth is , BW Series would have become a Better Series if Ash wasn't treated like a crap.

Kinda agree on that. The best wishes series made ash look like a fool. And no omg i dont hate iris. but the way she keeps calling ash a kid ticks me off alot. lol. Hope when she reappears in XY (for a while i guess) her gible and axew evolved by now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wish for funny and Touching moment like this in Pokemon Anime --

Spoiler:

Kinda agree on that. The best wishes series made ash look like a fool. And no omg i dont hate iris. but the way she keeps calling ash a kid ticks me off alot. lol. Hope when she reappears in XY (for a while i guess) her gible and axew evolved by now.

No thanks , There no need for evolving Iris Gible when she still kept her free Dragonite.
    Specially Since Ash is not allow to keep his Goodra for no good reason and his Gible has no chance of evolving.
    The last thing we need is Iris appearing and rubbing her free Dragonite and Garchamp on our face.
    She already being hated enough , There no need to make it worst !
    I don't want her to be nonredeemable.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019

Spoiler:

Glad to hear u like Iris <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    One things for certain . ASH GET YO CHARIZARD BACK AND FIND THEM MEGA AND KEY STONES CAUSE YOU WONT SURVIVE THE KALOS LEAGUE ONCE YOU ARE THERE xDD

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I want---

1) Ash being strict on his Pokemon like a parent
    Spoiler:

---2) Ash winning the league

--- 3 )Serena , Clemont & Bonnie are replaced during post league saga ! Clemont goes back to gym after PIA disprove of Clembot and Serena goes with Yushio.

---4) Ash got new friends in Kalo that has simlar personality as Mirror world character ! In other word , A crybaby like Mirror Ash , A Short Tempered girl like Mirror Serena and A Magician who show off various magic trick.

---5) A lot of bizarre character appear doing bizarre thing . Specially Bizarre Kids.

---6) Ash join ''Looker Agency'' and start helping out a lot of people and Pokemon alone with his friends.

---7) A talking Latius with funny personality befriend Ash and start follow him around.

---8) Ash start using some of Clemont invention given to him by Clemont ! Everytime Ash use any Clemont's invention , A chibi version of Clemont appear to explain the function of his invention.

---9) Celebii sometime appear and take Ash & co to various timeline . It turn out most folktales were born from Ash & Celebii tempering with Time (Kind a like Doreamon)

---10) Ash get himself a Harem ! He basically has the personality of a ''Dense Nice guy Harem Protagonist''' now.

---11) A rich girl or Ojou-Sama who act like Zinnia and want Ash's help in sudden matter
    Spoiler:

At the end of the arc , She give Ash a surprise kiss on the cheek and claim she will make Ash hers ! It however pissed off Her Fanboy , Serena and Hot-temper girl .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YXOu45LMWc

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I want---

1) Ash being strict on his Pokemon like a parent
    Spoiler:

---2) Ash winning the league

--- 3 )Serena , Clemont & Bonnie are replaced during post league saga ! Clemont goes back to gym after PIA disprove of Clembot and Serena goes with Yushio.

---4) Ash got new friends in Kalo that has simlar personality as Mirror world character ! In other word , A crybaby like Mirror Ash , A Short Tempered girl like Mirror Serena and A Magician who show off various magic trick.

---5) A lot of bizarre character appear doing bizarre thing . Specially Bizarre Kids.

---6) Ash join ''Looker Agency'' and start helping out a lot of people and Pokemon alone with his friends.

---7) A talking Latius with funny personality befriend Ash and start follow him around.

---8) Ash start using some of Clemont invention given to him by Clemont ! Everytime Ash use any Clemont's invention , A chibi version of Clemont appear to explain the function of his invention.

---9) Celebii sometime appear and take Ash & co to various timeline . It turn out most folktales were born from Ash & Celebii tempering with Time (Kind a like Doreamon)

---10) Ash get himself a Harem ! He basically has the personality of a ''Dense Nice guy Harem Protagonist''' now.

---11) A rich girl or Ojou-Sama who act like Zinnia and want Ash's help in sudden matter
    Spoiler:

At the end of the arc , She give Ash a surprise kiss on the cheek and claim she will make Ash hers ! It however pissed off Her Fanboy , Serena and Hot-temper girl .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YXOu45LMWc

Loved your ideas up untill number 4.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    Looks like Ash is gonna get a mega evolving pokemon i guess ?? Judging from the preview of ep68 what u think ? But how the fuck did james get a keystone ??

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I would like a Rich Kid that would fall for Serena and declare Ash as his rival ! He often show off his wealth to impress Serena.
    Imagine--

Rich Kid : I won't Lose to you

Ash : I won't lose to you ether.....

Serena : Ashhhh

Ash : In A Pokemon battle

Serena : Figured .

Loved your ideas up untill number 4.

Lets face it , The group chemistry between XY character SUCKS !
    Its due to the polite term of Speech they use to talk to one another ! Even if Writer drop their Polite term of Speech , it won't change a thing since its already been 67 episode and its not easy to change their group chemistry.
    Group chemistry/Character interaction is more important then Character development!
    Its one of the reason Original series stood a top of all Pokemon series ! Even Yokai watch doing better then Pokemon due to superior character interaction.
    I mean , Brock & Misty barely got any development while Gary just appear for very few episode ! The series only focus on their interaction with Ash and their role in developing Ash.
    Thats why Original series did better then all other series despite DP & AG series has more character development.
    That's Why I think its better idea for Ash to have new friend with superior interaction and bizarre personality !
    Like--

---1) A Big & muscular Kid with soft heart that look and act like a Gorilla.

---2) An intelligent , responsible , disciplined and strict Tsundere Girl who always tries to straighten Ash up and discipline him. (Due to Ash's reckless & carefree personality)

---3) A stupid Kid that always tries to act Cool even when he's not . He envy Ash and usually blame him for getting everyones attention .

Offcourse , I not saying the series should totally kick out Serena & Clemont . Honestly , I prefer they appearing multiple time.
    But again , I also wish Dawn could make multiple appearance in Kalo as well.
    Now , How I explain it ?
    I want Ash to Win Kalo League and join Looker Agency as a trainee for international police along with other candidate! There will not be any ''Fixed Cast Character'' anymore because Any character can be Cast character any time .

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    That's Why I think its better idea for Ash to have new friend with superior interaction and bizarre personality !
    Like--

---1) A Big & muscular Kid with soft heart that look and act like a Gorilla.

---2) An intelligent , responsible , disciplined and strict Tsundere Girl who always tries to straighten Ash up and discipline him. (Due to Ash's reckless & carefree personality)

---3) A stupid Kid that always tries to act Cool even when he's not . He envy Ash and usually blame him for getting everyones attention .

I want Ash to Win Kalo League and join Looker Agency as a trainee for international police along with other candidate! There will not be any ''Fixed Cast Character'' anymore because Any character can be Cast character any time .

#1 That was Morrison in AG
    #2 That was Misty in the OS
    #3 Mainly May&Max. Might fit to others (I'm still only finishing season 8).

What we definitely don't need is more Misty&Brock. I hate them. Their personality is annoying, and they are overused,and they got their proper ending. Don't go backwards recycling even more than the show notoriously does anyway. Btw, any interaction between Ash&Co is always welcomed, as Ash&Co almost disappeared during the Johto League seasons for havong no role, no personality, no interaction.

For your last wish: supported!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

What we definitely don't need is more Misty&Brock. I hate them. Their personality is annoying, and they are overused,and they got their proper ending. Don't go backwards recycling even more than the show notoriously does anyway. Btw, any interaction between Ash&Co is always welcomed, as Ash&Co almost disappeared during the Johto League seasons for havong no role, no personality, no interaction.

Misty is not overused (I'll agree with you on Brock, though), and besides which, Misty DEFINITELY never got a proper ending as she wasn't even allowed to continue on her actual goals of becoming a Water Pokémon Master. Brock at least had the luxury of actually changing his goal of his own free will. Misty didn't, she was forced to become a Gym Leader by her sisters. May, Dawn, even Iris managed to actually get proper endings. At least THEY are continuing to pursue their goals.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

#1 Morrison never act like a Gorilla ! Also He's chubby , Not big & Muscular.
    #2 Misty was right companion for the series and the series need another Bulma type character .
    #3 May & Max doesn't fit in description ! Max tried to act Older , not cooler .

Why do you think Alain and Mairin has better interaction ?
    Its because Alain is a ''Loner wolf'' and Mairin is a ''Clumsy Airhead'' So they fit together.
    Same way , Ash is a typical ''Dense hothead'' protagonist So a ''Mature Tsundere'' like Misty/Bulma fit Ash much better .
    Iris didn't work out because she's a ''Wild girl''.
    ''Mature Tsundere'' are total opposite of ''Wild Girl''

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Misty DEFINITELY never got a proper ending as she wasn't even allowed to continue on her actual goals of becoming a Water Pokémon Master.

The conflict here is, I believe there is no such title as "pokemon master". So closest thing to this imaginary title is being a Water Gym Leader.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The conflict here is, I believe there is no such title as "pokemon master". So closest thing to this imaginary title is being a Water Gym Leader.

By your logic, Ash would have been content with being a Gym Leader, heck, even a Battle Frontier brain (and he was offered the position). He wasn't.

And even if the title was indeed just imaginary, the closest thing to matching such a title is actually an Elite 4 member or even Champion trainer using a specific type of Pokémon, NOT a Gym Leader. Even Blaine mentioned that won't get you anywhere near a Pokémon Master, never mind a master of a specific type, and in fact he was actually so disgusted with how Gym Leaders often were weak and codding weak trainers he actually officially quit being a Gym Leader, and even left the gym vacated. Don't believe me? Watch "Riddle Me This." He (as a hippie) made this very clear, plus Gary as well. In fact, Blaine even reiterated it in the following episode.

And if there is such a thing as being Top Coordinator, there most certainly is such a thing as a Pokémon Master (and let me remind you that Iris had a similar goal to Misty and unlike Misty actually PURSUED her goal).

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    By your logic, Ash would have been content with being a Gym Leader, heck, even a Battle Frontier brain (and he was offered the position). He wasn't.

And even if the title was indeed just imaginary, the closest thing to matching such a title is actually an Elite 4 member or even Champion trainer using a specific type of Pokémon, NOT a Gym Leader.

And if there is such a thing as being Top Coordinator, there most certainly is such a thing as a Pokémon Master.
    Ash's dream is not to be a specific element's master, what a gym-leader is, that's why he is not turning into one.
    You also confuse Ash's and Misty's goal. Ash want to win, while Misty wants to collect, train and research. Misty is simply told to quit being childish, grow up, take notice you already reached your dream. Ash'd need the same slap (unless he is still 10 years old which rises questions).

Also, Ash is a Deformed Clone Twin of Gary, who turned to be a Pokemon Researcher.
    An Elite Four shares the title with three other person, that's why Ash can't be one. Not to mention Ash is mentally challenged, what disqualifies him from being an Elite Four. After 4 league he still uses types against pokemons which are immun to that type. Come to think of it as being a Gym-leader is about loosing/letting the newbie win if (s)he has the necessary skills, that's not for Ash who'd never let anyone win a badge.
    Ash could be a G-men though. Probably. But there is no such thing as a "champion trainer". If you think on "pokemon champion" we are all waiting for that. But no champion is restricted to using only one type.

Now "Top Coordinators" are matching the definition with "Pokemon Champion", thus not at all mean there should be "Pokemon Master" title:
    "The title is bestowed upon Coordinators who have won a Grand Festival" - translated into trainer-version "...who have won a Pokemon League". But that's what "Pokemon Champion" is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018

Overused? Hardly. Misty was in anime for around 5 seasons and during her time she didn't received nearly as much character development or fleshing out as she should had received. With many things about her story, dreams and personal fears and conflicts being left unfinished.

In comparison Ash or Rocket trio are in this anime for over 18 years, yet they still have many supporters wanting them to stay in anime and take through new directions being developed more(understandable in Ash case given how little his past and character are in reality explored).

Im flabbergasted when i hear how character which was in less than half of total pokemon episodes is called "overused". On what grounds?

Also Misty didn't receved closure to her story whatsoever.

She never became water master, never reached E4 level dreaming to become renowned water ace trainer like her idol Lorelei. Her future was completely uncleared taking over gym becaise of lazy sisters showing sadness and desire to leave in chronicles.

Hell even her romantic feelings were left hanging in air. Pretty much confirming in chronicles(i think it was episode "Date with Delcatty")when rejecting date with Georgio basically saying she likes someone else wuth writers leaving this un cleared and undefined.

If anything, out of replaced main characters Misty would be among those who deserve to return and get sequel to his/her storyline the most if you ask me. Given variety of subplots and options existing there to deliver original and creative arc.

EDIT:
    Speaking of character dynamic i dont know what makes you think how Ash and co had "no personality or role in Johto".

Considering how Ash, Misty and Brock had arguably most organic, natural and spontaneous chemistry between themselves which gradualy became more consolidated and dappled with deeper uderlying dimension to their personalities.

As evidenced through less fights between Ash, Misty and Brock being replaced with more sarcasm and smart alec jokes passing their introduction phase being more supportive of each other, understanding of their flaws and much more attached to themselves). This was shocased through all of Johto such as Ash and Misty realizing their dependance on Brock domestic skills and wisdom showing great deal of care, motivation and concern when he was injured, sick por had love issues (like in "Sick Daze!" or "Heartbreak of Brock!"). Misty confining herself to friend Sakura how "Ash and Brock are her family she never really had until than allowing her to learn so much more about world" in episodes like "Trouble Brewing!" or "Espeon Included!". Showing lot of gratitude and love for them through worry when Ash was in danger, unbound moral support and encouragement and teasing or criticize but in less volent way beng done nmore ouzt of endearment than anything.

While their chemistry still containing lot of laugh, moral support, encouragement and moments of annoyance, clash between them truly having several memorable moments.

If anything you can notice in departure episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later!" how much those three grew as friends compared to early Kanto days being heartbroken of ending separated.

Sure you can say how Ash and co got stuck in slumop of repetitivity and no real direction to go forward in middle of Johto once GS ball subplot was discarded with writers losing their main vector to push things firwqard taking sometime time to conso9lidate their thoughts and decide in what way to deelop characters and journey as whole.

But somewhere after Ecruteak city and starting with Whirl Islands anime became much more plot based with not just Ash, but Misty and Brock receiving genuine character development feeling like they have importance in anime again. Once Atsuhiro Tomioka took charge in planning out storyline.

Friendship between Ash , Misty and Brock obviously matured and became stronger. So it would be interesting to find out how they would function and interact between themselves if we ever saw them gathered together again having history and lot of memoroes they build together. Opening gateway to evolve their relationship in more complax way not being strangers anymore.

Especially with new roles and positions they are put in fulfiling requirement to deliver fresh, innovative way to do build up on their development and dreams they pursue.

Ash's dream is not to be a specific element's master, what a gym-leader is, that's why he is not turning into one.
    You also confuse Ash's and Misty's goal. Ash want to win, while Misty wants to collect, train and research. Misty is simply told to quit being childish, grow up, take notice you already reached your dream. Ash'd need the same slap (unless he is still 10 years old which rises questions).

Position of gym leader doesn't make somene type masters being nothing else but headcanon with no facts to support such claims.

Both game and anime canon completely rebuke this claim. Especially when Misty was already Cerulean gym leader before meeting Ash going on journey to become water pokemon master and strongest water pokemon trainer in world.

Just like Iris is traveling to fulfill tasks and earn title of dragon master delivered from elders in dragon village.
    Only difference is that water master and dragon master are showed in anime to follow completely different procedure and path in order to become one.

For record water pokemon master title exists:
    Water pokemon master was stated to mean strongest water trainer in world wth E4 members being best type specialists in world. In both anime and games Misty worships E4 Lotelei wanting to become recognized and powerful as E4 herself.
    Whirl Cup proved through talks of sea priestess Maya and prof. Elm from Newbark Town how winner of that tournament gets title "Alpha Omega of water Pokemon" being directly connected to water master title. Since sea heroes priest Maya talked about(which in Japanese version represent convoluted form of water master)were water experts knowing how to reach to hearts of water species communicsting with them and being used to full potential . With winner of Whirl Cup coming one step closer toward that dream.

In order to be water master you need to learn how to establish closer connection between trainer and water pokemon understanding their feelings, fears and nature. Learning how to use water specie to full potentioal. As prpoblems with Psyduck showed and mega evolution which allows pokemon to reach full potential.

Lastly term type masters unlike its case with much broader version of Ash goal(pokemon master)showed to exist in games as well.
    Take a look at whats being said in fame checker about Clair or Lance. Mentioning dragon master title and how Lance grandfather is elder of famous clan of dragon masters.

Not to mention every E4 member in games is labeled as master of respective type it specialize in.
    In fact XY games(Kalos)introduced water pokemon master better known as E4 Siebold.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back