• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What you hate about pokemon

mukkamukka

Elite Four Champion
Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    What do you people hate about the pokemon game. I only hate 2 parts of it.

When nurse joy or whoever say 'Hope to see you again' I think that, it is just bad to say it because if you do come back again it will be because your pokemon are injured and it wont be a happy moment if your pokemon have fainted.

Second of all i want your pokemon to be able to dodge whenever you say so. So say your opponets pokemon uses scratch you can click on dodge and your pokemon dodges it. Sometimes it wont though. If anyone has anything bad about a pokemon game please pst it in this thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I just get annoyed at how much of a chatterbox Nurse Joy is. *impatient* Can't think of much else.

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
  • i hate how bleeping long prof oak's speech at the start is! its just like, SHUT UP, YOU OLD GEEZER!

but shouldnt this thread go in a pokemon-topic section?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, it is in a Pokemon topic thread. As long as this is applying to the games, then I see no problem in leaving. Now, as for the things I don't like in the games...

-Ridiculously high evolution levels. 55 for Dragonite? Seriously? Lance is such a hax0r. His are level 50 in GSC/HGSS. :/
    - HMs. Maybe a few are okay, but most of them need to explode or something. I hate HMs.

That's all I have for now. I may come back later...

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • It is annoying how long the nurse at the Pokemon center talks. I also hate how everyone calls her Nurse 'Joy'. No where in any game is she called Nurse 'Joy'.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    HMs and Zubats. Also, moron NPC trainers that don't evolve their Pokemon. Seriously, if you'd bothered to train up your Wurmple to its 20s, you may as well let it evolve.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh Lord. I got one. In Pokemon XD, after you purify a shadow Pokemon in the purify chamber it says it transferred "the" Pokemon. I always name mine, so it looks retarded. "The Leds was transferred to the PC." I mean...what is that? Even if it weren't named, it'd be fine to just say "Ledyba was transferred to the PC."

Ayselipera

This might be dumb but, I hate when you talk to someone in the game who wants to trade pokemon, but you don't have the pokemon on you so you click no. There response is always something like, "Awhh I really want to trade though!" or "Wow your so mean!" That bothers the ---- out of me. I just want to scream I DON'T HAVE THAT POKEMON OKAY!?!?!?!

tehe... I'm done venting. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    This might be dumb but, I hate when you talk to someone in the game who wants to trade pokemon, but you don't have the pokemon on you so you click no. There response is always something like, "Awhh I really want to trade though!" or "Wow your so mean!" That bothers the ---- out of me. I just want to scream I DON'T HAVE THAT POKEMON OKAY!?!?!?!

Me too! I always want to apologize, I'm like, "I'm a good person!" I've never liked how the game speaks for us. xD

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • • When the Pokémon Centre Nurse says that she hopes to see you again. In the anime it is made clear that trainers also stay in the hotel to unwind and rest, so it makes more sense, but in the games the Centres are only used for healing Pokémon. So...saying she hopes to see your injured Pokémon again is a little special. D:

• The number of HMs you have to lug around, most of which you will only ever use once. A clever device to make you play the narrative of the game, but I wish that you could unlearn them without having to visit the Move Deleter. Since you can't ever get rid of the original device, sticking the move in your Pokémon's memory doesn't make a whole lot of sense as they can just re-learn it when you need them to.

• The Phone device on Gold/Silver/Crystal and the PokéNav on Emerald. I'm playing Emerald for the first time ever now, and if one more pointless person calls me to tell me about their day I'm going to cycle back to them and punch them. >:[

• The lack of fire-types in pretty much all of the games. I'm suffering at Wattson's hands right now because I don't have any Fire types to take on his Voltorb or Magneton, and the only Fighting move I have is Rock Smash, which is near-useless.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    • When the Pokémon Centre Nurse says that she hopes to see you again. In the anime it is made clear that trainers also stay in the hotel to unwind and rest, so it makes more sense, but in the games the Centres are only used for healing Pokémon. So...saying she hopes to see your injured Pokémon again is a little special. D:
    Actually... what the nurse is saying is that she hopes you'll show you're a good trainer by coming back to rest your injured team members after each battle. No matter how good the trainer, sooner or later your party will get hurt, or at the least need to restore their PP.

I dislike Defog, personally.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • Moves like Tackle take PP. It's understandable with elemental moves like thunder, but it's silly that your pokemon can run out of them. I could see if they said "your pokemon is too tired to do XXX move" though.

The noise pokemon make. Where are the grunts? They all sound like computers.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • HM's.
    R/S/E Match Call.
    Battle Towers/Frontiers and the hax luck within.
    The fact that Pikachu is available in Every. Single. (main series) Game.
    Those weird trainers who dress like Pikachu.
    Trainers with useless Pokemon like Lv24 Kakuna
    The ubiquitous trainer with six Magikarp.
    Dressing up and dancing in 4th gen Pokemon Contests.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I really hate that most of the games start off with a rock type gym.
    Kanto: Brock is first gym leader.
    Hoenn: I forget her name but she uses a nosepass
    sinnoh: Roark. I especially hate his Cranidos.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • • When the Pokémon Centre Nurse says that she hopes to see you again. In the anime it is made clear that trainers also stay in the hotel to unwind and rest, so it makes more sense, but in the games the Centres are only used for healing Pokémon. So...saying she hopes to see your injured Pokémon again is a little special. D:

They have a few more uses than that: trading, battling, union room, plaza, mini-games (in the plaza), PC (an important one), random civilian hangout, map, etc.

I don't like Defog and the nurse talks a little too much.

Back