• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What'd you name your rival?

IcyByte

Just Call Me Icy
    Years
    I named him ??? in Silver... That's what It said in the battle, I was like, 6, and dumb.. Lol.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    In my Gold, I named my opponent @*#%*

(Hey, I was only 3)

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
    Years
    I think I called him "Tanga" which translated to english means dummie. And I called him "Panget" too which means ugly. Just for laughs.

pokelover980

I am the Mama Luigi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2008
    In G/S/C I named him Lolzer. In R/B/Y I named him GaryLol. I just restarted both of these files last week!

Years
    in red i named him blue, in blue i named him red, and so forth onto gold and silver. i dont remember for diamond, cause i dont have it anymore :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2008
    First time I played I chose one of the names in the list[red].
    Second time I replayed red I went with Gary as a lot do.

With Gold I just named him ???, When I played silver, I named him Ginge or something like that

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In Silver, my rival was called Gold and it was the other way round for my Gold version. In Crystal, I named my rival Yosami for no reason at all. In the first generation games, all of my rivals were known as Gary. I was hooked on the anime back then.

S1d8pink

shaymin fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    i either call it after someone i hate or wierdo,smething like that!

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    I started off naming it after real life rivals or people I just plain hated. After a few years, and several restarts, I began using more... obscene... names. When I recently went back to the metal/color games, I started using serious names once more.

Peanut_Butters

...I hate peanut butter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    His name..Is Robert.
    For some reason yesterday when I named him I had the sudden erge to call him Robert,so that's what I said his name is.
    ...Robert fits him.

Back