• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What'd you think of the soundtrack?

What'd you think?

• I loved it!

Votes: 49 70.0%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Indifferent.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I didn't enjoy it overall.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Aargh! My ears!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    Like the title says. What did you think of the soundtrack in HGSS? Did you enjoy the kind of remixed originals? Did it stur hidden emotions within? Was it relaxing? Was it just terrible? Will it haunt you forever? You get the point.

I felt that the music was really cool. I'd heard lots of comments about how it should have been left alone, but I actually found it enjoyable. I could recognize all of the songs from the originals, even though it's been like 7 or 8 years since I last played them.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    I like them for the most part I mean obviously as a lot of people would say it's not like the original, but that's why there's an item for that! Anyways only one so far I didn't like too much was Goldenrod's but the rest are great.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well...

I loved New Bark Town. The song, the town itself, how your Pokemon will shiver in the breeze. But...

I wish Azalea Town was more like that. Where it just made you...Happy. The original always did that for me, and I guess this one sorta does, I just wish it sounded more...Nostalgic. Mind you I've only been to a few cities.

I looooved the way how Cherrygrove sounds like an old record. If you stand in the water, and just listen to the music, it sounds like somebody brought a record player to the beach. Route 32 was really nice. I liked it's countryish sound.

The intro music=EPIC WIN!!*

Violet city was incredible. Everything about the Music was perfect. It gave it an Old, but Fun feel.

*Anybody else think that the intro was awesome? I loved the part in the beginning with the bells.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    I'd say its great. I thought the Champion theme was a little too soft when i was just listening to it, but during the battle it was epic.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I enjoy it. The tower before the first gym music is lovely. And when someone notices you, ahh just lovely.

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
    Only some of the music did I find enjoyable. I liked the older, 8-bit sounds better, (hence why my GB sounds is on Key Item Registry). But when I first played this game and heard the new music, I actually started crying because I remember and loved the Silver version so very much and I felt that spark of joy come back to me...

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I love it!
    I also really like that they made certain things quieter.. like the victory music after battles

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I somewhat agree with sirboulevard. I don't hate the music for Goldenrod, but I don't exactly like it that much, either. I like the original a bit more...

Other than that, the music is spectacular. :D

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    It's pretty good, it's remixed better than I thought it would be. I'm glad they gave us a nostalgia-trinket in the GB player too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    The wild battle music in Kanto seems a little too epic for just a Level 25 tentacool (I thought I was battling Raikou XD)

Back