• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats A Good Japanese Girl Name

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    I know theres websites, but I just cant decide whats best for a game.
    • Whats a nice pretty japanese girl name?
    If possible, could you please state the meaning too :3

Thanks =)

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    Well this is a good website if you need it but this is a good name i like it i don't know about you
    KUMIKO 久美子 f Japanese
    From Japanese 久 (ku) "long time", 美 (mi) "beautiful" and 子 (ko) "child".

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sakura is a common name.
    Sakuya > Sakura.

I've only really liked Kaede (maple), Megumi (blessing) and names containing Z. There aren't many interesting sounds one can produce with Japanese...

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Sakuya > Sakura.

I immediately thought Sakuya Iyazoi when you said that XD

But my personal faves...

Mm...

Yuri. Which means lily. Or, if you wanna be a perv and consider it to also mean girlxgirl love, that's fine XD

"Miyako" is another one of my personal faves and not just because it comes from Kaitou Jeanne DX This site here says "mi" means "beautiful", "ya" means "night", and "ko" means "child". But that's when it's as 美夜子

One could also consider it to mean "shrine child", as "miya" means "shrine", from what I've read.

Then the ones I don't know the translations to are...

Suwako, Youmu, Marisa, Sakuya, Hina, Sanae, Kanako... *shot for the Touhou references* But they ARE pretty D=

And then...

Michal (pronounced Mikaru; I'm sure this is definitely Japanese), Maron *shot for another Kaitou Jeanne reference*, Shion, Rika, Rena, Satoko.

That's all I can think of right now XD

Last edited:

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Uhh.. Suki? =D That must be Japanese.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Yuna is a good one and I also like Yuki. Now to find me a Japanese bride. xD

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Uhh.. Suki? =D That must be Japanese.
    That means like, as in you like something, it's not a name.

Haruko- Spring
    Kohana- Little flower
    Mai- Dance
    Mine-Protecter
    Mika- Moon
    Rei- Gratitude
    Ren- Water Lily

Also a name then ko at the end may also mean the child of someone. Like Momoko- The child of Momo. Momo means peach so I guess you could say peach child but eh...

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    I'd choose Yuki~ It means little princess or snow~ x3 (and it;s the only one I know ._.)

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    It can be used as a name.

Another name I like is Ayumi and Hisako also sounds pretty cool.
    Yes but the average person is not going to use that name. Like Ai means love but people us it as a name and Mai means dance and etc... it's just most people I know of are not named suki. I never met anyone in RL named that unless it's a character or something.

Let me put it this way suki means like, daisuki means like alot, and ai means love. It's like naming your kid because you like them but feel no love for them? So you would probably just name your kid Ai.

Back