• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what's a good moveset for Shuppet/Banette?

Barrysun

Team Rocket hater!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    yeo, I'm planing on training my shiney Shuppet and wondered what moves I should teach it.
    right now it's at level 26 and a lonely nature. any good moveset for it?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Banette
    Shadow Ball
    Will-o-wisp
    Knock Off/Return
    Thunder/Screech

Shadow Ball and Will-o-wisp are must haves. Knock Off is on standard Banette for disabling opponent's items, however its not as effective with in game trainers. Return can substitute for another attacking moves. Your last move can be Thunder if you want to damage Steel types like Skarmory. Or you can use Screech if you're using both Shadow Ball and Return.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I dunno if this is strictly a 2v2 strategy, but Imprison + Shadow Ball, can help keep a few things from KOing you with Shadow Ball.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Also Imprison is a bred-on move and I really doubt he wants to train a non-shiny Shuppet instead of a shiny one.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Barrysun

Team Rocket hater!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    yea, since shinies isn't something you encounter everyday. I was thinking of teaching it Calm mind, shadow ball, night shade, and psychic. what do you think of this moveset?
    Calm mind to help it improve it's defence and specal defence, Night shade for pesty heavy armored pokemon, and Shadow ball and psychic for offence. if this isn't a good moveset, then I'll let you guys suggest what moves it should know. and please, no Egg moves cause it's nearly impossable to easly breed another shiny shuppet.

Last edited:

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    CM on Banette isn't too cool IMO. Just keep it physical, as even with CM it still won't have staying power against physical attacks, nor the speed to even try to get rid of them. Anything "heavily armored" has too much HP and/or rest, so Night Shade won't help in that area anyway.

Edgewalker

Eevee master
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    Besides, Anything "Heavvily armored" can usually be roast with thunder if it's steel or shadow ball otherwise, You may have problems due to thunder missing so you should team up with a poké that knows rain dance or has the "Drizzle" ability...
    Shadow ball also has problems against normal type (They're immune to ghost type moves) so the best part of being ghost type may be null and void in this build...

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Edgewalker said:
    Besides, Anything "Heavvily armored" can usually be roast with thunder if it's steel or shadow ball otherwise, You may have problems due to thunder missing so you should team up with a poké that knows rain dance or has the "Drizzle" ability...
    Shadow ball also has problems against normal type (They're immune to ghost type moves) so the best part of being ghost type may be null and void in this build...

Or he can just carry a Magneton on the team.

Back