• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's always bothered you?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    - I actually think, HMs are a neccessary evil, although I'm not a fan of how they are implemented.
    - my opponents getting more crits than I do (especially ingame)
    - Triple Protect using opponents (as if one use wasn't already enough)
    - incompetent evil teams and even more imcompetent authorities
    - people who have competitive battling, even though, they don't even how, how it works
    - people who claim to know how competitive battling works, even though they don't
    - gen 5 roadblocks
    - evasion/accuracy

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    - incompetent evil teams and even more imcompetent authorities
    I've always found it strange how the police force is so lacking in the games. I mean, if the cops were able to handle everything alright then there goes half the story, but it's like they're damn lucky that battling prodigy minors keep popping up whenever the local mafia starts doing shit.

Years
  • I'm not a fan of evasion noobs, aka people who just love spamming Double Team or other evasion-raising moves. It's cheap and something I'm happy is banned competitively.

I also find HMs really annoying because you have to get them removed by a Move Deleter and most of the moves themselves are weak.

pkmin3033

Unavailable Pokemon. Version exclusives, I can deal with - I have a mother who plays the games as well; we trade and with the advent of the internet it's not as hard to get what you need in places like this - but Pokemon that are flat-out unavailable in one version or the other annoy the hell out of me.

It makes the "catch 'em all" thing completely redundant, and for me that's always been a huge part of the appeal. From the 1st Gen onwards they've always held back a Legendary or two, and it annoys me to no end not to have a full dex unless I go through annoyingly convoluted methods across three or four games, beg online for Legendaries everyone wants to keep, or cheat. Stop being so anal about it and just give us a set of games with EVERYTHING in them!

It worked for the first two Mystery Dungeon games, it can work for the mainstream games as well. It isn't going to impact on special event Legendaries in any way since most of them are Pokemon available in the games now that are shiny or have special moves. GIVE. US. EVERYTHING.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Now it's time for my least favourite Pokemon, Mega Gardevoir

Really, that bastard is so overrated, I can't take it!

I would like to use normal Gardevoir in some time, but it's mega? No. It's actually STRONGER than the humanoid? It doesn't look badass enough.

The Megas of Houndoom and Metagross look like somewhat tougher versions of their pre evos.

And that is why Mega Aggron and Manectric are the most badass gen3 mega evos. Gardevoir's isn't CLOSE to beating them.

And Mega Mawile.

You are not a Pokemon, weren't a Pokemon, and will never be a Pokemon.

Then why do people praise you so much?

I'm not saying people can't have opinions, but this is ridiculous!

Am I missing something when people worship these overappreciated shits?

I hope a 19th type is created that fairy is weak to, so I can see these bastards blast out of eternity!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • And Mega Mawile.

You are not a Pokemon, weren't a Pokemon, and will never be a Pokemon.

Then why do people praise you so much?

Oh, I'm gonna spank you >:(

One thing that's always bugged me a tiny bit is the expectation that exists now for everything to get a remake. It's like now people are expecting there to be remakes of every single Pokemon game every generation, but personally, I'd rather see GameFreak put more effort into giving us new things, rather than remaking already existing games. It'd be nice to see a game get a reboot, rather than a remake, but I don't think many people ever even consider that possibility because of the unwritten rule that every time a new system comes out, we need a remake.

One more thing is the way that cool features of one generation are not carried over to subsequent ones. I was disappointed to see the following Pokemon feature that was started in HG/SS didn't reappear in BW, for example. I guess I see why they do it, so that there's something unique about each game so that they don't get completely outclassed by the newer games, but it's frustrating nonetheless >_<

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Apart from the already mentioned evasion raising moves and HMs...

Yanmega. It's not that I dislike it as a Pokémon, but because of the potential they wasted with it. Yanma is already a dragonfly. So, a couple generations later they let it evolve into a meaner, more badass dragonfly. They could have made Yanmega an epic and unique bug/dragon type. But they don't. Instead, they turn it into... a bug/flying type. The one combination that's probably the most common, next to bug/poison.
    On that note, Masquerain annoys me almost as much. I would have loved for Surskit to evolve into a stronger bug/water type. But at least in this case it makes kind of sense when you look at the evolution, while Yanmega has absolutely no reason not to be a dragon.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The one thing that bothers me so much about Pokemon, more than the gym leaders and Elite Four in Diamond and Pearl, more than many missed opportunities of reconning types, and even more than Karrablast/Shelmet.

A certain overrated fox/cat/dog thing.

Yes, my dearies, I'm talking about the poison in my cup of tea. Eevee. It's liked simply because "its su kawaiii! <33", so much that it has a cult following. Drop by any fanart site and you'll see literal mountains of fanart featuring the little bugger. Drop by any Pokemon roleplay and you'll see an army of the things. Watch LPers, and you'll see them floundering to capture one. It's just...featured so heavily in so many forms of media, it burns my eyes.

Credit where it's due; I do enjoy the idea of multi-evolutions, and I do like some of the Eeveelutions, but Eevee is just irritating to me.

Do note I said "to me". I don't mean to offend fans of the Pokemon - it's just not my favourite song, to use a saying.

PageEmp

Years
  • Ignore this dumb and lazy post. Though I'd say it was probably one of my more mature rants on... that topic.

Last edited:

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    I hate the current global trade servers, but a lot of people on this site have gone into detail on that.

Also, when the fanbase screams out for random pokemon getting mega evolutions. There's nothing wrong with this per se, but I'd like to see people create a concept (to see if it's actually feasible to make a convincing mega, as well as worthwhile) instead of shouting ZOMG THICK FAT MEGA DRAGONITE!!!!. Even I used to do that, but now it annoys me.

Lastly, I was a bit disapointed to see no version of the assault vest for physical defence appear in ORAS, even if it isn't a necessity. I would love to put it on my crazy serene grace Blissey sets and spam charge beam and water pulse all day (at least until a heracross comes and blows it up).

Years
  • - Golbat and Confuse Ray. No matter what game you play, there will always be a cave somewhere where they lie in wait; ready to pounce on any unsuspecting trainer and spread confusion status everywhere.

- Missing every move after the opponent uses Double Team once. Most of the time in critical situations.

- Rock Smash and Cut.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    • NPC trainers having ridiculous luck sometimes, especially with OHKO/low accuracy moves and Metronome; I think there was even a time once where I've seen one successfully use Fissure twice in a row. And when Fog was around, it seemed like the AI trainers' accuracy was never affected by it. Generally, any time the games "cheat" in the AI's favor.
    • Having to tote around HM slaves whenever they're needed for a route or a cave, when their slots in my party could be filled by more usable Pokemon.
    • Struggle on wild Pokemon, especially Legendaries that take a while to capture.
    There is this video on youtube where a guy is battling a guy on the Battle Tower in Platinum and every time the opponent used horn drill it hit every time

PageEmp

Years
  • Staravia is the only member from it's line that I hate.

Edit: And WHAT is wrong with Onix's catch rate? This basically resulted in 2 of my best teammates nearly losing their lives to those weaklings. I know that it's not very high, but I have caught a lot of Onixes lately and I don't remember having a lot of trouble catching them.
    Whatever, I decided to evolve my Clefairy and go on an earthworm genocide. You owe me $800, snake!

Edit 2: AND OH, WAIT, I JUST GOT INTO A BTTLE WITH THE MOST ANNOYING GiBLE IN THE UNIVERSE!
    **** THIS STUPID CAvE!

Edit 3: And I didn't even need Onix as my first encounter anyway, my Geodude just evolved and if she dies I would use the fossil as back-up. I actually wanted a Zubat more than Onix.

Last edited:
    Back