• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats better, powerful Pokémon or Pokémon you like?

Which Pokémons better?

• A Pokémon i like.

Votes: 55 74.3%
  • A Pokémon thats strong. (Even if it maybe Ugly)

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Who cares? I just catch any Pokémon.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • A Pokémon thats strong but cute.

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caelus

Gone
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Considering that I like tough pokemon, this is quite a tough question so I took a minute or two to think.
    Okay, so apparently I prefer pokemon I like over ones that are powerful; odd, but I actually do prefer the former.

Years
  • Well, you catch Pokemon you like...and raise them. But if by 'Pokemon you like or Powerful Pokemon' you mean Wild Pokemon and Pokemon raised by a Trainer, neither. Because a Pokemon raised by a Trainer is more disicplined but a wild Pokemon isnt, though that doesnt mean neither will be powerful.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • It's as Karen says in G/S/C..
    You should try to win with the pokemon you like..

I enjoy using pokemon I like, it makes it alot more fun.
    Hence why I normally end up with a rather weird team by the end of the game.

Anyway, as for Bellosom and Skiploom..
    I think bellosom's quite a cool pokémon anyway, Though I do prefer skiploom.

[Petal Dance Ftw]

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • Of course I use Pokemon I like.
    If used good, any Pokemon can get strong and win. Even if it's a bit weaker than another, you can still win (it'a all about types and strategy, isn't it?^^)
    Besides it's just a fun game...it would seem strange to me, if someone would train a Pokemon just because it's going to be powerful (unless you really wanna join a competition, then maybe)
    I always have weird teams in the end^^

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I love Powerful Pokemon, But not TOO powerful,.. UBERS meh? I hate that, People call you losers by using Legendaries... I suggest you use FEAR. I, Rahter, Love OU/BL Pokemon. ^^

That's really a loser who uses legendaries. I think that I'm too because I often train only starter pokemon and other 5 are usually much weaker. Then I just catch a legendary that I've 2 good pokemon in my team.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Pokemon I like, definitely. I can't tell you how boring I find legendaries and all of these uber Pokemon with no personality.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • A bit of both; sometimes I just dislike something, yet know it is necessary to have on my team, but othertimes, I pick something that I might not need on my team just because I like it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I would say that it would be pokémon that I like. The reason is because those pokémon that I like can become strong through training and other things. So I wouldn't see a reason for me to get a strong pokémon that I don't like instead of a pokémon that can become strong that I do like.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Pokemon I like, definitely. I can't tell you how boring I find legendaries and all of these uber Pokemon with no personality.

I disagree personally. Some of the legendary Pokemon actually have an interesting story behind them, which makes them really intriguing for me.

It depends on how you define "power". Since I battle competitively (I'm mediocre at best, mind), You don't need a Sky High Speed and Attack stats to be "powerful", in the typical sense.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Definitely Pokemon that I like. Skarmory is a good example. It's strong, while also having an awesome defense.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • I think there's a good middle ground between Pokemon you like and Pokemon that can stand up for themselves. Of course, it all depends on what you're doing. If you're a Pokemon trainer, than it's your job to have good, strong Pokemon. If you're a breeder like Brock though, for example, then you'd need a variety of all types of Pokemon, especially those that are rare or that have good genetics, loving personalities, and no health issues.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I suggest the standard jumpluff. It reeks havoc and is cute. I have a shiny one. It and roserade are perfect examples of beautiful but deadly pokemon.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I'll always go with Pokemon I like over standard 'powerful' Pokemon, though if the Pokemon I like also happen to be powerful, well, it's a win-win situation. I'm an awful competetive battler, so I'll just make a team of my favorite Pokemon to use in-game.

Back