• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Whats Better?

What Game Do You Like?

• Leaf Green

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Emerald

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Ruby

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Saphire

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Firered

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I like all of them that i've played (Ruby and Leafgreen)

But I picked Ruby only because after I bought it from my friend, I started liking pokemon again.

Years
    emerald since it has animated pokemon and battle frontier, at least i could try to do something rather than just end up the game with nothing like RS, FRLG

King!

better
    Years
    Well, I voted for Emerald.

It beats Ruby and Sapphire because it basically combines the two, and adds more (ex. all three legendaries, both teams, etc.). Plus, there's the Battle Frontier, with so much more ot do after the game.

It also beats FireRed/ Leafgreen, because...well, I liked the design of the region better, and the balance of water, forests, deserts, mountains, etc., plus the Pokemon you could get throughout the game.

Years
    I liked Emerald better because of the Battle Frontier. I still find the Hoenn Battle Frontier better than the one in Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. My favorite one was climbing the Battle Pyramid because I love exploring. It also feels more rewarding after reaching the top.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    e.o its hard to choose. Sapphire was one of my first games and I would play that 24/7. Leafgreen had me bust for awhile, and emerald....OH MY!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2009
    Fire Red is always been my favorite. It was the first Pokemon game I ever played, and I went through at the same time a friend was playing LG, so it was a lot of fun.
    Thanks

The Red Chain

I dislike Hoenn greatly.. even saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. >.>;

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    The thing i hated about Hoeen region was its bloody elite 4.

It was way to damn easy. Unless you played emerald you could easily beat the elite 4 with water type.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I would say Emerald is the best due to the Battle Frontier, better plotline with TA and TM, stronger gym leaders, and more stuff to do after the Elite Four, mainly the first I mentioned.

Had a lot of good times with Emerald, so yeah. :P

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I liked FR as I played like a crazy fella . I never played Emerald , I should put the ROM on my PSP or iPod Touch and give it a try...

I sorta liked Spphire too . My 1st Pokemon game ever ! :D

Years
    Emerald. The third generation is by far my favourite. R/S/E brings back so many memories, and it's the best. I just love Emerald.

Psyrose

I Want Ur Soul
    Years
    I like both Firered and Emerald. But i chose Emerald since it has battle frontier.

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    Emerald, if not for the Pike Queen then for the Battle Fronteir itself.

The battle fronteir took a game you could play for a long time and made it so you could enjoy the game all the way until Diamond and Pearl came out. I still play my emerald for the battle fronteir, which, in my opinion, tops Platinum's.

Years
    between FR/LG i ike FR more, just like the exclusive pokemon:)
    between R/S/E, i played emerald more than R or S
    the both evil teams, gives more exp and i could raise my pokemon to a high level, and now i plan to play again, im just gonna trade my old team to a new game of emerald :D

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Its a hard choice for me, the Kanto Region is the best IMO

but Emerald gave you so much to do and was funner.

So overall i would have to pick emerald :D

Back