• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's Diamond\Pearl like?

umbreon67696

6gothique6princess6
    Years
    Is it a really good game? =3 What are the graphics like? Is it better than the other pokemon games?

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    It IS a good game, you should get it.

The graphics are a lot better than previous games--I just played my Emerald for the first time in months and I thought the graphics were horrible compared to it. That's what happens as new games come out I guess.

In my opinion, I think it's the best game besides G/S/C. The storyline is a bit different, and there is a lot of new features added such as the new contests and the Underground.

The only thing I didn't like was how I was +5 levels above some trainers Pokemon, then in the city I was going to I was 5 levels less. Also, you see the same Pokemon over and over and over until you beat the game.

Years
    I also think, that the games are a lot better than R/S/S. Maybe it´s because of the Pokemon. (I like them more than the Hoenn ones.)
    Well, I don´t like the graphics so much. It´s a little bit 3D and I think, that Pokemon games for handhelds always have to be in 2D, but that´s my opinion. And graphic isn´t all, most important is gameplay and if you liked the old games, then you´d like Diamond/Pearl, too.
    So, buy it!^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    I think the graphics are great. I'm glad they did a 2d/3d thing. I still think sprites are cool.....
    Music is really good. Story is so-so. Dialgia and Palkia are pushovers though... which is a little disappointing.

I don't think the pokemon are that great though.... until you get the national dex... but that's after you beat the game. The starters are all kind of silly except for Chimchar/Infernape. There's also hardly any variety in pokemon, until - again - you get the national dex.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Listen, if your worried about buying it for any reason, don't be. Diamond and Pearl are amazing, 10/10, hands down, you wont be dissapointed. Trust me, D and P are probably one of the best generations ever made, if not the best.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    ABSOLUTELY buy it! it is phenomenal! i played it for like 5 hrs or more a day and beat it in the first week because i got so hooked!

umbreon67696

6gothique6princess6
    Years
    ok!

I'll buy it then! :) It sounds really nice. 3D, huh? hmm...yeah im used to the 2D thing but Im sure I'll get over it. ^_^

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Get it, you'll be entertained for a long, long time :)

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Ok, I'd like to say that D/P has the best storyline of all the pokemon games so far. Of course it's a tad bit lacking in comparison to something like Final Fantasy 7. But It is much more driven by story than the previous games. In R/B/Y you were driven by 'lol, go to the next gym, idiot!' in this game you're driven to actually save the land. This is the most heroic Pokemon game I've played.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    What do you mean by 'hard?'
    It's not hard to understand, if that's what you mean.

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    Just so you know, it selled a million copies only in the US in five days. This should hint you something.

the game is great, but the sales are just because it has the word Pokemon written on it.. XD You have to admit it would have selled almost as much even if it was a horrible game XD

still, it deserves to sell as much!

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    The graphics are improved, but some of it still feels like a GBA game.
    The only I was dissapointed about was the speed, your bike is as fast as you run in GBA games.So imagine how slow it is when you walk/run. Even battle animations are 2 times slower than a GBA game, which even makes those Trainer Battles more anoying. Another thing was the Safari Zone, there was only like 1-3 Safari Exclusive Pokemon while in the GBA games 90% of the Safari Pokemon were Exclusive.

The game storyline is a bit hard, Gamefreak had said that the trainers have the best AI[Artificial Interlligence] than any other game. eg. Trainer's pokemon uses the move thats most effective to your pokemon.

I'm actually quite satisfied with my Pokemon Diamond. Now the best thing in the whole game is Wi-Fi. It's just amazing, and very handy too! (If you have Wi-Fi) And of course, in Wi-Fi...dundun.. ONLINE BATTLING!

Competitive Online Play is quite popular, and of course...fun!

I will gurantee you will spend more than 100 hours playing this!

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2007
    Its is really really adictive and so good.
    1. Cool Legenderies
    2. 3-D Graphics
    3. Wi-Fi
    4. You can get pokemon from your GBA
    Ans so much more that I cannot write here. I have Pearl for two reasons...
    1. Nearly everyone has Diamond
    2. Palkia(the legendary in Pearl) has only 1 weakness that being dragon while Diagla has two, being poision and ground.
    Sorry Diamond Players.^^

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Ok, I'd like to say that D/P has the best storyline of all the pokemon games so far. Of course it's a tad bit lacking in comparison to something like Final Fantasy 7. But It is much more driven by story than the previous games. In R/B/Y you were driven by 'lol, go to the next gym, idiot!' in this game you're driven to actually save the land. This is the most heroic Pokemon game I've played.

do pokemon games have a story?

i just think of the story as it is in the anime, getting 8 badges and beating the e4 xD

Back