• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's in the Poke-Ball

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Do Poke-Balls always just simply hit the ground when they miss their targets? Or, do they hit other things? Could they hit other people, soda cans, backpacks, or other things lying or standing around?

Jimmy: Hey! I caught a Billy!!

You decide.

Bluejay390

Pokemon Princess
    Years
    In the episoide where Ash is trying to catch a Mankey he throws the ball and Mankey throws a rice ball causing Ash to catch the rice ball instead. So I guess you can catch other things besides pokemon with a pokeball.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    SBaby said:
    Do Poke-Balls always just simply hit the ground when they miss their targets? Or, do they hit other things? Could they hit other people, soda cans, backpacks, or other things lying or standing around?

Jimmy: Hey! I caught a Billy!!

You decide.
    I heard Ash caught a sushi in his when trying to catch Primape o.O|||

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    The way I think of it, only something that contains enough energy to be a Pok?mon can get caught in a Pok?ball. The rice balls have got to contain a lot of energy since they only eat once every few episodes, right?

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Well, clearly they can catch other things. Strange thing is, not humans.
    1st episode- Pikachu throws Pokeball at Ash. He did NOT get stuck in it. That actually would have been funny XD

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    I think theres a certain environment in the pokeball that keeps the pokemon comfy. That would explain why there are different types of pokeballs.

Missie Moonshadow

Beginner Pok?mon Groomer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I think that the higher up the pokeball the better "apartment" for the pokemon. I dont know but I could always see pokemon having this huge studio apartment in there somehow...

As for catching humans...um... I dont know. o.O

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    If you could catch humans, it'll mean that kidnapping will be really easy, and the Pokemon wold will be a very dangerous and dark place.... O_O

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    That's a scary concept..you could use a masterball to capture any human O.o

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    If we're talking purely game-wise, then it should really be anything that has any kind of Pokemon data that makes them up (they're not real in the game ^_~)
    If this extends to real life (or whatever the nearest thing to reality is with Pokemon) then that's really up to Satoshi Tajiri to decide... he's already included rice balls. Who knows what else he could allow a Pokeball to suck up XD

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    LoL! it would b cool to catch humans XD
    But mmm this concept is quite weird.... if you think: a pokeball can catch things very similar to humans, like machokes, but they cannot catch humans? o.O' this is unrealistic... what if some human is so ugly that almost looks like a machoke? XD if you throw him a pokeball you would catch him i guess o.o'

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
    Doesn't the Pok?dex store dat before you catch a Pok?mon?

So it needs to be on the 'dex to recognise it's a Pok?mon then you can catch it XP

Wow I'm clever *Throws a Masterball at Winona*

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
    Ahh, good question *nods*

Well you can't go start your adventure without one, unless you mean, lost it!

Then there won't be any point in catching any Pok?mon, because you canm't store it's data, and that is the errand you have, I think...

Shi-goyle

Pokemon Eater
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2004
    I'm scared, what if the Pokemon get out and rebel.... only ninjas will save us then

Missie Moonshadow

Beginner Pok?mon Groomer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Actually I was thinking (very scary indeed). I've been reading some pokedex's on the internet and one kept talking about what kind of "cells" pokemon have. Maybe the Pokeballs can detect the difference between human cells and pokemon cells.

And for the fact that they can catch riceballs...I still dont know about that. ^^;

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    I wonder how the old Apricorn balls worked... betcha anything people would have had their fair share of accidents involving Pokeballs in the real world, lol.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Shi-goyle said:
    I'm scared, what if the Pokemon get out and rebel.... only ninjas will save us then

Ok *polishes his shinobigatana* im ready for a pokemon revolution then o.O'

Anyway, I am amazed on how we are making an issue of a fantasy thing XD
    I think not even the creators of the cartoon tought about this, they just let it catch the rice ball for fun XD

I guess there is no explanation for this issue, not even cells or anything, i guess its just something that the creators did not think of at all XD

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Maybe there will be an episode somewhere down the road where there is an abandoned Poke-Ball and it turns out that a Human was in it... That would be pretty funny...

Back