• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats it like inside a pokeball?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    I'm doing some research for a fanfic I'm writing, and was just curious if anyone knew what it was like inside a pokeball for the trapped pokemon.

Years
  • I believe that the inside of a pokeball is similar to it's natural habitat, for example.

When a Magikarp is caught, it is sealed in the pokeball, where it is comepletly filled with water, the same as it's normal habitat.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    Is the pokemon generally aware they are not actually in their natural habitat?

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    interesting qeustion i'll have to look that up

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'd guess the Pokémon is put into a trance-like state while inside the poké ball and is not actually aware of their surroundings.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I don't know about that. In the Pokemon Special manga, the Pokemon seemed quite active inside their balls. In fact, during the battle between Red and Giovanni, Pikachu charged up a Thunderbolt while inside the Pokeball, and let it loose the moment it was released.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • I'd guess the Pokémon is put into a trance-like state while inside the poké ball and is not actually aware of their surroundings.

i dont think so on the accont of in the anime when the tell there poke to do something then they pop out and do it.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Well, since it was stated that the ball simulates a natural enviroment, I'd imagine that say, a Charmeleon would reside in a naturally hot place with minimal water. However, I think that the Pokemon would be aware of the ball.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I think it is like the natural enviroment.I wonder what it would be like for a mewtwo or dialga or even darkrai?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Dude. I just linked to that in my first post. Seriously...
    No one reads anyone's posts here, seriously :/
    But my buck's on "chemically induced trance-like state". A ball that imitates a Pokemon's natural environment can't possibly be as cheap as 200 yen.

[edit] I assume Ash's Pikachu is immune/has allergic reactions to said chemical.

Back