• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Next For Marriage Equality?

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I find that a tad interesting, considering the majority of 16 year Olds are still developing both physically and mentally that you put pet marriage aside. Considering, hypothetically, that after marriage the pet status would most likely stay the same. Legally, though I think life insurance policies in terms of millions would be off the table. Pet insurance is a thing though, so I don't know. In terms of legality, marriage is a sticky business that I think few, if any, 16 year Olds that want to marry grasp.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    This might seem like a really basic response but adult-child marriage (i.e. pedophilia if it comes to that) is repulsive and should not be legalized. Similar to human-animal. But alas, this is a gray area that includes the typical questions: "what is normal?", "what sets the standards of what is right and wrong?", "what is natural and unnatural?", "where do we draw the line?" etc.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    This might seem like a really basic response but adult-child marriage (i.e. pedophilia if it comes to that) is repulsive and should not be legalized. Similar to human-animal. But alas, this is a gray area that includes the typical questions: "what is normal?", "what sets the standards of what is right and wrong?", "what is natural and unnatural?", "where do we draw the line?" etc.

Adult consent my friend. Two grown adults of the same sex can reasonably reach the conclusion they want to be together and to legitimize it in their eyes via marriage, can we say the same of a six year old? Or a cat?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Adult consent my friend. Two grown adults of the same sex can reasonably reach the conclusion they want to be together and to legitimize it in their eyes via marriage, can we say the same of a six year old? Or a cat?
    Agreed. If we focus on consent, then I don't think a six year old or a cat for example, can provide consent.

Back