• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's N's real name?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
  • What do you think his real name is? Personally I think it's Netherlandsisbest North. What about you?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Yeah, lots of people think North, I did at first because I thought there was a South and East (and West?) in the games. But they aren't. I suggested Lorden. Lord N. xD I go look up hints.

CornTheSaga

Hot and Dangerous
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    His name could be N and not short for anything. Like the variable N in math equations which gets replaced, if you know what I mean (no spoilers)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    N's real name is Near.

Hooray for Death Note similarities

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I find it kind of surprising that a king would have such a simple name. I mean, it's only one letter. Kings usually have very fancy names.

Years
  • I find it kind of surprising that a king would have such a simple name. I mean, it's only one letter. Kings usually have very fancy names.

Well this game is made so 10yr olds can play it... how would they feel if they couldn't pronounce the main villans name cause it was something dumb and unpronounciable....... oh wait, 3/4ths of the pokemon in this generation break this rule..... /Leavethread

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years

That is true some fancy people have fancy names. I don't think N is really short for any word but if it is then it must be a very long name.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I'm like 90% sure it's just N. Like, if there was any other need for it, it would have been mentioned when Ghetsis was going on his rant of what a failed specimen N was after you beat him, before Ghetsis challenges you. That, or one of the six remaining sages would have mentioned it when you find them Post National Dex.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I think his name is just N it could stand for maybe noble?

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Nero Charles Blaine William Randolph Austin Martin Quincy Oliver Lloyd IV
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure his name is just N. That's his full name. "N Harmonia".

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Well this game is made so 10yr olds can play it... how would they feel if they couldn't pronounce the main villans name cause it was something dumb and unpronounciable....... oh wait, 3/4ths of the pokemon in this generation break this rule..... /Leavethread

If they didn't want the villains' names to be hard to pronounce, then why it the one guy named Ghetsis? x3 I find that hard to pronounce.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've heard the same rumors that stated his formal name as being North, but from playing the games, I see no evidence to believe his name is anything other than simply N...similar to how former U.S. President Harry S Truman's middle name was literally the letter S. XD

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • North would be funny, because that's part of my name. I reckon it's just N Harmonia, because he doesn't need any more. Hell, Harmonia is badass enough to carry the weight of a full name without the need for a first name.

Back