• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What's one anime character you dislike the most?

Years
  • First one to come to mind was Mineta from MHA. I love that show and almost all of its characters but good god that guy is obnoxious. We should definitely have moved past "technically a sex offender lol" as a character archetype by now. I could tolerate it if there was ever any growth away from that and self-realisation but nooooope.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hisoka is a gross creep! Hate that fucker. Like, the way he acts towards Gon is disgusting. And Mineta is a disgusting pervert. I wish he'd just go away, fr. Like I hate characters who are just literally perverts for the sake of "comedy". It's not funny.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • The old man in Ranma 1/2 is absolutely disgusting. Ranma 1/2 is an entertaining series otherwise, but the old man really ruins it. He's the pervert trope (which I'm happy to see I'm not alone in hating) combined with being an untouchable "master" figure which means he's never ever held accountable for his awfulness, and literally, he's not just a pervert, but he goes after teenage girls! 😨

Mineta from MHA is also bad. The other characters do punish him, but at the same time he never changes. It's not funny.

Another one I want to mention is the main character (Meliodas? It's been years since I went through that awful show) of Seven Deadly Sins. This is a particularly awful case that made me straight-up drop the series forever. The writer of this series just loves making the main character grope the female lead all of the time, and it's really gross. One of the - if not THE - first times, he gropes her while she's unconscious. I don't know how I got through one season of the show. It's so bad.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Name anyone from Konjiki no Gash/Zatch Bell, and there's a 99% chance I dislike them. As of the sequel, the mangaka has proven he can't write consistently to save his life. It'd be easier to list the characters I do like from that series, like Ashuron (and his partner Reen), Danny, Dr. Riddles, and Gill from KnG2.

I concur with Hisoka above too. He's so disgusting he pretty much single-handedly turned me off HxH. The only reason I have touched any scenes involving him was to hear his voice in the English dub of the 1999 anime, because his voice actor is the same as that of Elec Man from Mega Man.

Years
  • I have 2. Yuki and Yuno from Mirai Nikki. I saw this anime out of curiosity as a pre-teen and because I had nothing better to do with my life at the time I saw the whole thing. I thought their relationship was borderline abusive. Yuno being manipulative and always trying to lure Yuki into liking her, but also showing that she holds no remorse for killing and has selfish motives for doing so. Yuki constantly not having interest in Yuno, yet allowing himself to be taken advantage of. Yuki also has no backbone throughout most of the anime and I really wish other characters helped him out. He does have a chance, and later he is proven right, but he brushes it off. That point of the anime really unsettled me. There's just something disturbing about how we see him go through Stockholm Syndrome as a teenager, and how the anime itself at times treated it like it was a good thing. I find that disgusting. While an argument can be made that the plot is the reason why they both act they way they do, I don't think the main characters should have been teenagers. They're both middle schoolers. If I could I would go back in time and tell my younger self to not watch that.

Days
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Anyway for a character I hate:
    Saki from Shinsekai Yori. She made some really stupid decisions in the show, and idk, she just pisses me off.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    The old man in Ranma 1/2 is absolutely disgusting. Ranma 1/2 is an entertaining series otherwise, but the old man really ruins it. He's the pervert trope (which I'm happy to see I'm not alone in hating) combined with being an untouchable "master" figure which means he's never ever held accountable for his awfulness, and literally, he's not just a pervert, but he goes after teenage girls! 😨

Mineta from MHA is also bad. The other characters do punish him, but at the same time he never changes. It's not funny.

Another one I want to mention is the main character (Meliodas? It's been years since I went through that awful show) of Seven Deadly Sins. This is a particularly awful case that made me straight-up drop the series forever. The writer of this series just loves making the main character grope the female lead all of the time, and it's really gross. One of the - if not THE - first times, he gropes her while she's unconscious. I don't know how I got through one season of the show. It's so bad.

Happosai was the first one I thought of as well 😂

Back