• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

whats the best emulator **DS**

CrieonX

King Kazma
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2022
    ok I'm just asking. Personally I have been hearing about No$Gba, but Also DeSmuMe...

I just what to know which won works Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and which one takes the top PLeaz Help me with this

Tallmike4000

Lengendary
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    well in my opinion No$Gba has better graphics but u can't make a maximum window its always stuck in a little screen mode on ur computer.... all i can say is try it out
    lol (emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/nocashgba.html) is one website you can find it on. If u can't download it from there just google it. Well thats all i can say good luck and i hope i helped alittle
    file:///C:/Users/Tallmike/Desktop/NO$GBA_2.6a/

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
    Years
  • If you want to play ds games with No$gba I suggest looking for no$zoomer hack.. It has the window resize stuff, and if you can find a no$gba 2.6a base for it, nearly every game runs quite nice on it.

Without the no$zoomer hack, it's a lot less usefull for the newer roms (like platinum and hg/ss)

GaggliusHacks

random pokehacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    :)

in my opinion, NO$GBA is the best...just sayin cuz thts the only one ive ever heard of lol

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I don't think you can compare those 2 emulators...
    No$GBA is faster and with No$Zoomer can be resized.
    DeSmuME have the resizing function, it has better cartridge backup type...
    Both have speed glitch... so in fact you should use both :)
    It depends on game you wanna play.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    some newer games dont work well in no$gba, maybe coz its been a long time since it was updated. eg. PMD: explorers of sky (i think)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • some newer games dont work well in no$gba, maybe coz its been a long time since it was updated. eg. PMD: explorers of sky (i think)
    Well you can't really say it isn't working...
    There's just serious problem that PMD Sky if you play on No$GBA cannot be saved...
    I don't know if it's working with No$Zoomer 'cause I played it on DeSmuME.
    But as far as I know Hikari no Kiseki Ranger does not work at all.

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
  • Well, to be fair, both are good in their areas. No$GBA is good for playing older games but DesMume works on the new ones better, as explained by Ash493 and Mervyn.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I say that the iDeas (or something that is spelled like that) is the best. The No$GBA doesn't run ROMs as fast for me.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    lol, newer ROMs work on No$gba 2.6a fine. Notably, Pokemon HeartGold and Soul Silver :3

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I find Desmume more user-friendly. It requires a better computer, but graphics and music are emulated perfectly on most games - including HGSS.

Do NOT use iDeas. I used it. It's terrible. You can't play with sound; it's all buggy. The graphics aren't as good either :s I got black streaks playing on iDeas..

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Hm... well I know for a fact that No$GBA might not support certain textures or graphics, however... DeSmuME supports nearly every NDS ROM.

DeSmuME might lag a bit on Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver. But works about the same. It seems to me like it's improving a lot more since it's an open source.

As for my experiance with the iDeas emulator... it lags, certain textures aren't supported, and the sound is really awful.

So for any NDS game... it deppends. DeSmuME is plays any NDS ROMs, No$GBA is faster but doesn't play all NDS ROMs (even with No$Zoomer).

Back