• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Whats the best Pokemon Gold Starter pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Chikorita's the best for me. It learns Razor Leaf at lvl 7/8, which is quite good. The first gym isn't a challenge if you catch another Pokemon, and even then my Chikorita lasts a few turns against Pidgeotto.

By bugsy, my Chikorita would be a Bayleaf, and have solid defence stats. By the time Scyther's fury cutter becomes a threat, it's pretty much dead.

By the E4, Chiko's got both reflect and Light Screen. Throw those up and attack while recieving little damage yourself.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Since i start Play pokemon i prefer Cyndaquil
    My favourite is Cyndaquil,
    Reason 1- Easy Level´ing
    Reason 2- Typhlosion looks Powerfull :)
    Reason 3- There´s no much other choices of fire pokemons in game

(Bad english ) :P

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Like everyone else i say cyndaquil. It was my first pick and it was a pretty easy game. Retryed with Chikorita and i failed miserably had to constantly train.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I'd go with Totodile- it's dependable, and learns some good moves too. If not Totodile, then Cyndaquil, because it becomes a pain to beat if you teach it the right moves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2009
    cyndaquil is easiset since first gym is average hard but 2nd is just a pushover with ember. tried chikorita and it was very hard, took me like 2 ½ h for first gym.but i needed a lvl 12 hoothoot for 2nd gym so that wasnt that bad.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    Why not get all 3? Follow these steps:
    1. Do evrey thing normally until u get ur 1st Pokeballs.
    2. Catch a Pokemon then heard the the nearest PC
    3. Dump ur starter in a box then switch boxes
    4. Before it finishes saving, turn the GB off.
    5. Keep doing this until you get all 3! With the last one, all you have to do is to withdraw the other 2 from the box. However you wont get the Pokedex entry for all but the last one.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Cyndaquil is best is cute factor, while Chikorita is best in the long run (no great grass types) and Tododile is pretty balanced.

CYNDAQUIL

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I prefer cyndaquil, Typhlosion is my favorite pokemon tho so i'm biased

Chikorita grows quickly,
    Cyndaquil is really strong
    and i'd say Totodile is moderate, Easy to train, strong, grows well

But i stilll love Cyndaquil most
    but its all a matter of opinion and how you play the game ETC ETC ETC

you can easily say non are the best and ditch them the second you get the chance x]

Sapphir

Hat thief
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    Cyndaquil is the best if you want to have an immediate advantage over Bugsy, who is the second gym leader. A Cyndaquil will also help against Jasmine (steel) and Pryce (ice).

Chikorita will have a disadvantage over the first gym leader, Falkner, who has flying types. It also is one of few grass types in the game that is available.

Totodile doesn't really have many advantages early on in the game, and water type Pokemon are abundant. The red Gyrados is also able to be caught later in the game if you need a water type.

It's really all up to your personal preference, they're all good in the end anyway. ^_^

Years
    Cyndaquil, hands down. However-
    If you run through the game using only your starter, it's very easy, no matter which you pick. Chikorita is hard to use for the first 2 Gyms, and actually has no advantage to any of the Gym leaders in Johto, which is odd. Totodile is good, not bad at all. I'd choose Cyndaquil, though, because Typhlosion kicks ass.

MadAboutMew

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 10, 2009
    I always choose the grass pokemon as my starter but I think I'm making an exception here. I prefer Cyndaquil to Chikorita and it makes a change to actually have a good fire pokemon with me.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    i would say tododile and Cyndaquil tododile is a strong water type that has an advanteg on eveyone if u train him right but but Cyndaquil has an advantag on every gymbut the last but if you wear good enouf to ge ther she should be a brezz but yeah id say tododile

This thread hadn't been posted in since September... way past the one month revival limit XD

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back